• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Critical thinking lol. Lurking allegations for years...nothing happens. Massive lawsuit threatening the company's future, couple months later he resigns. Yeah probably had nothing to do with the lawsuit.

Allegations are just that. It doesn't mean they aren't true but this is not the first time these types of things have come to light regarding Pete. The reality is the business is seriously threatened; a $900k bill they are on the hook for could implode the business and clearly Pete is a massive liability. Maybe the allegations played a role, but clearly whether these allegations were there or not, Pete needed to go on the basis of this Amex lawsuit alone. So just relax, you can continue to have your opinion, whatever that is. Lol.
there's a HUGE difference between "lurking allegations" and victimS - plural - publicly sharing their first-hand experiences. I've been a member here since 2006, and this is the first time I've seen allegations of physical sexual assault of any kind, much less as horrific as what Dustin has shared.

Well, the nearly $900K in AMEX debt from a corporate credit card that the rest of the “corporate” did not approve is 100% true. Look up the lawsuit in the Orange County Clerk of Courts records. And maybe read the posts by his victims, it’s not made up. Pete is a narcissist vile human being, glad he’s finally been exposed as the worthless human being he is.
I was referring to the other allegations, which are separate events.

True, I do about $100k a month on my business credit cards on inventory (anything that isn’t NET30, general expenses and supplies), but of course carrying balances on revolving accounts can wreck a business. I hope this debt can be repaid for the sake of all parties.
AMEX will likely get their funds…but a lot of moving parts in a case like this….civil, criminal….on and on. Very sad.

there's a HUGE difference between "lurking allegations" and victimS - plural - publicly sharing their first-hand experiences. I've been a member here since 2006, and this is the first time I've seen allegations of physical sexual assault of any kind
Had you been reading that other site? There were some weird stories going around for quite a while. I agree Dustin's was the worst but like, Pete's alleged behaviour even a few years ago, at least at my company, would have gotten him fired if it were true.

There are 2K replies to this thread. Just think of how much good we can do to help those at risk of sexual violence if we all gave $5. I started a fundraiser to try and bring a little light to this dark situation. Hope you all join me in supporting it!

Donate Here - Fundraiser for RAINN to Support Survivors of Sexual Violence
Who gets the money and how will help victims of sexual assault? Is it used to pay lawyers for lawsuits? Genuinely curious, not saying it's a bad idea.

Had you been reading that other site? There were some weird stories going around for quite a while. I agree Dustin's was the worst but like, Pete's alleged behaviour even a few years ago, at least at my company, would have gotten him fired if it were true.
I didn't know that site existed until a few days ago. I have since read all 8 DisUnplugged threads in their entirety.

Last edited:

Critical thinking lol.
Critical thinking involves consideration of motive and consequences. What possible motive would Charles have had to come here, disclose his name, tell his story and then bring up things like hidden cameras and why would Dustin come here, disclose his identity and say in uncoded language that he was drugged and raped? And do you have any idea what the consequences of those actions would be if they were fabricated stories? Motive and consequences my friend. Motive and consequences.

Who gets the money and how will help victims of sexual assault? Is it used to pay lawyers for lawsuits? Genuinely curious, not saying it's a bad idea.
RAINN runs the national hotline, a chat, and also a training for different organizations. While those are all great things they are more about education for steps to prevention and signs of SA victims. It is not a bad organization but money does not directly go to victims.

You could donate yo your local victim compensation fund. Idk if that is a Texas only thing but that money is put aside to help cover medic costs, relocation, trial costs, etc (even if I haven't seen any of the promised help I know child victims and those in direct danger have received it).

This was all being discussed on the other forum for months. The other forum is a literal cesspool lol. Most people who post there are sociopaths, so anything you read there should be viewed through that lens. It is literally people who make fun of grown men who spend all day talking about theme parks, but they spend all day talking about grown men who talk about theme parks all day. Oh and they get no money for it they just have nothing better to do.

It isnt obvious that Pete resigned because of anything other than this amex lawsuit. I read the court filings a couple of months ago and in the DU defence the basically claim they had no knowledge that Pete had the card and was running up these charges. Not a defence that seems that strong, but clearly there is a huge conflict of interest there which makes it nearly impossible to maintain any relationship between DU and Pete.

I have no idea what Pete or any of the people involved are like or what is true, it just sounds like a very sad situation all around. Once Pete went to rehab something seemed very off. also he may have paid for the rehab with the Amex; how tf do you spend $800k on a credit card? Also, how does amex not pull the plug on the card once you spend like $200k without making a payment? Insanity.

If anyone has any insight on how one is able to spend 900k on an Amex, or why a multimillion dollar company such as DU wouldn't pay it off before being sued, I'd love to hear it. It seems to me DU would have just paid this and then gone after pw if they were his charges that were not authorized by the rest of the company (John and the silent partner), rather than being dragged through a nasty lawsuit.

You realize that Pete owned the company right? Who would be in a position to fire him?

I personally believe if the allegations are not true, Pete would sue for libel. This information has blown up his entire world. If he doesn't do that, I believe they are true.
i mean… allegations like this.…that are delayed in being reported happen all of the the time with respect to victims of sexual assaul. Think of the #metoo movement or the Catholic Church. There’s a tremendous level of shame that the victims carry in these types of crimes..again alleged in this circumstance.

It can take decades for victims to step forward. Whatever the case is here…It’s up to the alleged victims to decide whether to pursue criminal or civil charges. And…Mr Werner is innocent until proven guilty….that’s our legal system. If Mr Werner feels as though he’s been defamed… he could also pursue that avenue.

If anyone has any insight on how one is able to spend 900k on an Amex, or why a multimillion dollar company such as DU wouldn't pay it off before being sued, I'd love to hear it. It seems to me DU would have just paid this and then gone after pw if they were his charges that were not authorized by the rest of the company (John and the silent partner), rather than being dragged through a nasty lawsuit.

The supposedly didn't know about that specific card. If they pay it off and then go after Pete they would have a harder time claiming these weren't business expenses since the business paid it.

True, he’ll likely be paying that back for the rest of his life. He was obviously living quite a bit above his means.
If they are buying him out shouldn't he have plenty of money to pay that bill? The business must be worth a few million at least?

You realize that Pete owned the company right? Who would be in a position to fire him?
THIS. Plus…for years the DIS has been trying to downplay the legitimacy of anything that is said over there. I can’t see any way that a termination decision could possibly be made as a result of postings made on a site that shall not be named or discussed.

i mean… allegations like this.…that are delayed in being reported happen all of the the time with respect to victims of sexual assaul. Think of the #metoo movement or the Catholic Church. There’s a tremendous level of shame that the victims carry in these types of crimes..again alleged in this circumstance.

It can take decades for victims to step forward. Whatever the case is here…It’s up to the alleged victims to decide whether to pursue criminal or civil charges. And…Mr Werner is innocent until proven guilty….that’s our legal system. If Mr Werner feels as though he’s been defamed… he could also pursue that avenue.
That's what I meant in the post: anyone being accused wrongfully of such things, and had their livelihood and everything they've worked for destroyed, it seems they would pursue legal action, just like Johnny Depp did. If he does not do that it's telling.

THIS. Plus…for years the DIS has been trying to downplay the legitimacy of anything that is said over there. I can’t see any way that a termination decision could possibly be made as a result of postings made on a site that shall not be named or discussed.

It is possible when the allegations came from more credible sources they reached out to those individuals directly as part of an intern investigation. That is why statements and announcement of leaving was delayed.

That's what I meant in the post: anyone being accused wrongfully of such things, and had their livelihood and everything they've worked for destroyed, it seems they would pursue legal action, just like Johnny Depp did. If he does not do that it's telling.
100%. I can’t fathom someone with Pete’s ego resigning and not suing if all of this was a fabricated hatchet job.

There's been a few people in this thread doing the whole "until there's proof it's all just allegations" routine. I said something similar to another one of them. I'm sick of people being willfully ignorant.
I was not contesting the legitimacy of anyone's claims, merely stating the fact that these allegations, however well supported, were allegations made on a gossip website where 95% of the people who post are legitimate psychopaths. Maybe one day you will be accused of something and you will realize why the legal system is structured the way it is.

You make allegations, and you then have the opportunity to prove whether those are true. Allegations can be true lol so take it easy. What should I call everything that has been said about Pete? Is everything that has been said by Dustin and Sean an indisputable fact? Literally everything could be true and referring to them as allegations does not mean I think they are untrue, you just have no idea what you are talking about.

It seems likely that many of the allegations were well known by others in and around the DIS team for years. If these stories are true, they cannot be the first stories that have ever happened. I am not trying impugn the character of anyone on that team; I understand what it is like to be on a team where something improper or unprofessional is taking place and doing the 'right' is not always apparent. The third party 'know-it-alls' who have usually accomplished nothing always have all the answers, but in those situations, it is not that simple.
There are many stories that have been around for several years that, if believed, showed mean spirited and predatory behavior on the part of Pete. I read many of Sean's original posts on the other site and all of it seemed very plausible and awful. All of this can be true, and yet Pete never resigned.

The amex legal case was filed in March and if you read it fully it does appear that Dreams was caught off guard, or at least that is what they claim in their response from June 2023. Once the response to the lawsuit was filed by Dreams it seemed obvious, at least to me, that Pete and DU were going to split. That was the only point I was making.

To say I am creating some culture that prevents victims coming forward is a hyperbolic and insane virtue signal. Basically your approach is everyone must believe everything and question nothing, otherwise you are creating a culture of victim blaming. Dustin's story seems true based on what I have read, does that mean I know for a fact exactly what happened? If Pete has a lawyer would he really respond to something on 'that' website? If anyone makes a credible allegation against you, is it really the case that the company should just reflexively fire you, even when you own part of the company and 'getting rid' of you could be very difficult? I haven't created any kind of culture and am not willfully ignorant, I have literally just stated the predicate for the entire legal system in every developed country in the world lol; that these kind of criminal allegations have standards of justice lol. That doesn't mean it doesn't look bad for Pete, or that Dustin or Sean are lying, or that Pete is a great guy and I don't believe he could have done this etc.

I know only what Sean and Dustin have said, just like you. I feel bad for anyone who has been exposed to this type of thing so don't throw these bs lines around just because I won't pretend, like you, to be judge, jury and executioner to gain some moral high ground on a website about disney lol.

All I said was there are alleged incidents of sexual assault and that, whether the DU team was aware of them or not, Pete would have resigned because of the lawsuit anyway. If you want to read into the resignation to believe it means DU has done some internal investigation and proved all the alleged assault incidents are true, that is fine, but there is no way to know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter