Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said - I'm not proclaiming who knew and who didn't. I'm trying to center the victims, and leave space for any further victims to come forward.
Agree with all of that, especially the line quoted. I was simply cautioning others that arriving at the conclusion that no one else knew because Dustin didn't tell anyone is not logically driven. As best as I can tell, "No one else knew" and "the entire team had to know" are equally false statements. We will know who knew what, when, when those people reveal that to us and not a moment sooner. And it may turn out that there are no more revelations to be had. I think we are on the same page here. Sorry if it came across otherwise.

According to what's been recorded with Orange County, he has mortgages $201K for DVC. He may have paid some of the mortgages off by now so that amount may be less. I didn't do a deep dive.
Wouldn't there be those mortgage satisfaction statements on that site if they were paid off? At least for the direct points, of which he has many.

There are people commenting on Instagram “whatever is going on John, Kevin, and Pete, you guys will get through it!” :oops:

As an attorney it does appear there are a significant number of potential civil lawsuits here, even if not criminal.

Sean mentioned he had a lawyer go over his case and it was either too late and/or there is nothing to gain monetarily (and this was back when Pete was making by his estimation almost 1 million a year). Maybe roofies have longer statue of limitations? That is your realm!

I could be wrong, but when I read his original statement there was nothing about being drugged. That’s important because it makes it criminal. The first time I remember seeing that was here on these boards. Not sure why something so critical would have been left out previously, if that’s the case. Maybe I missed it.

There is a new update/statement Dustin made yesterday evening. The drugging was a new revelation made by Charles, who says Pete admitted this to him years ago - which he indirectly implies himself when he made his own statement (as Charles himself has been roofied before).

So because this revelation hit so close to home, Charles immediately told Dustin…yesterday.

As I said earlier (rather inarticulately), both Dustin and Sean have been adamant that neither of them shared their experiences of abuse with any other team members, nor were they aware of any other team members knowing what they were going through, and as a result, both of them asked that all anger/vitriol be directed at the perpetrator of the heinous acts, Pete Werner. Focus should absolutely not be moved off of Werner, for any reason. On those points there can be no disagreement or casting of doubt.

In the last two days however, Dustin has now become aware, through Charles' own admission, that Pete drugged Dustin on at least one occasion. Aside from the ever-increasingly heinous nature of the abuses Dustin was forced to endure, it must now also be acknowledged that at the very least, the number of team members who knew what was going on is now non-zero. At least one other team member (Charles) not only suspected something was amiss, but was actually told outright by Werner. That certainly does not pass the stain onto every other team member, by any stretch of the imagination, but if even one person was aware, it can no longer be assumed that others didn't know.

I'm absolutely not suggesting that it is a fact that anyone else knew, but I have seen in other circumstances where individuals might know more than they are sharing, but because the core facts of the situation are already known and "out in the open", and because revealing that they also knew doesn't contribute anything to the known facts, they simply remain silent because admitting knowledge only reflects poorly on them (objectively or in their own perception). It wouldn't be the first time someone struggled with revealing what they know, only to feel relieved that what they know has already been revealed by someone else, and they can remain silent.

ETA: I was posting this at the same time as @JimmyV_2.0 , so sorry for the duplicative nature of the post.

Last edited:
He just learned this week that he had been drugged years ago? I’m sorry …not to be insensitive, but how does that happen exactly?
Given Charles coming forward saying he knew about what happened to Dustin. My assumption is Charles talked to Dustin and that’s how he found out. Dustin had suspicions prior about what happened as well. Given the situation I’m more inclined to believe Dustin than a former CEO/owner of this site.

He just learned this week that he had been drugged years ago? I’m sorry …not to be insensitive, but how does that happen exactly?

Give it a rest. It’s not up to you to determine whether someone should have known they were drugged or shouldn’t have “allowed” something like this to happen. Go read up on how these things occur and what victims actually say. Educate yourself instead of just blaming them. You may end up with someone close to you in a similar situation. It would be better to listen and be understanding than to be judgmental.

We need to be careful about keeping these ideas separate. It appears that DIS Management and certain Webmasters are going to the mat with the idea that since Dustin didn't tell anyone about being assaulted, then no one else knew. The two concepts are independent of one another. Dustin does not know what he does not know. His statement that "I never told anyone" has to be read as "I never told anyone. But it is possible that they found out by other means. I just don't know." Charles has revelaed that Pete blabbed about what he did. JL said that she was reaching a conclusion from personal observation. Dustin didn't know about any of this. All that said, Charles says that he never told a soul until yesterday and JL never elevated her suspicions. (No fault there. That's an impossible position to be in unless you are 100% certain.) So if all that is true, then it is certainly possible that no one else on the team (except Charles) knew. The missing pieces of the puzzle are: Did Pete tell anyone besides Charles; and Did anyone else figure out what was going on based on personal observations. So far no one else has come forward to say so, and it isn't our place to assume that any such person or people are out there. Based on that, I am not going to leap to the conclusion that "the entire team knew", nor am I going to conslude that "anyone on the team knew." But the proclamation that no one else knew because Dustin never told anyone else is simply a logical fallacy. That is not the only means of landing on the information.
You said it better than I did, even after two attempts.

Sean mentioned he had a lawyer go over his case and it was either too late and/or there is nothing to gain monetarily (and this was back when Pete was making by his estimation almost 1 million a year). Maybe roofies have longer statue of limitations? That is your realm!
You can sue your employer (the organization) for wrongdoing if you were harmed in your capacity as an employee. SOL refers to a criminal proceeding, but SOLs are different in civil matters. For example, in Florida you can bring a case for sexual assault within seven years after the age of majority, within four years after the person leaves the dependency of the abuser, or within four years from the time of discovery, whichever occurs later.

If you have kids, please go do some research on date rape drugs and then teach your kids about them. For starters, they should never, ever leave any drinks they have in a social setting unattended. Because, yes, you can be drugged with these things and have no idea what happened.

My suspicion is that he reached out to Charles to see what he was told and Charles told him Pete admitted it
That is my conclusion as well. After Charles posted yesterday, he and Dustin connected. Unknown who reached out to whom. And in that conversation, Charles revealed to Dustin things that he was not prepared to reveal to us in his post yesterday for obvious reasons. That has to be it. Because if it's not, and Dustin learned this from some yet-unknown person who has information about Pete putting roofies in young men's drinks, then there is a story out there that is so big and so vile that we cannot begin to comprehend it.

You can sue your employer (the organization) for wrongdoing if you were harmed in your capacity as an employee. SOL refers to a criminal proceeding, but SOLs are different in civil matters. For example, in Florida you can bring a case for sexual assault within seven years after the age of majority, within four years after the person leaves the dependency of the abuser, or within four years from the time of discovery, whichever occurs later.
So Dustin finding out the roofie allegation resets the clock? That absolutely confirms (not the allegation but Dustin “discovering” the details) the new timeline.

I’m glad John released a statement and I do hope that the remaining staff can heal.

However, I doubt that I would ever consider using DUT. In fact I booked a cruise in Nov 2024 with another agency & Praise the Lord I did. I would be disgusted with myself if I helped support a business that has enabled such a toxic work environment.

Also I think Disney should perhaps do it’s own investigation before continuing to allow them a media pass. I know it hurts current staff but it’s only fair that Disney do it’s due diligence to make sure that they aren’t aligned with a company that has enabled such disgusting behavior.

Give it a rest. It’s not up to you to determine whether someone should have known they were drugged or shouldn’t have “allowed” something like this to happen. Go read up on how these things occur and what victims actually say. Educate yourself instead of just blaming them. You may end up with someone close to you in a similar situation. It would be better to listen and be understanding than to be judgmental.
i can’t understand why he thinks his passing thoughts are worthy of posts.

@GAN he was drugged in his alcoholic drink! he thought he was drunk! every single time!

read Dustin’s post yourself!

not to be insensitive but are you trolling? because you raise my blood pressure!

ETA: I was posting this at the same time as @JimmyV_2.0 , so sorry for the duplicative nature of the post.
LOL. I will have you know that I was going to use the phrase "non-zero" and even typed it out. But in my last edit before posting, I deleted that line! All good!

i can’t understand why he thinks his passing thoughts are worthy of posts.

@GAN he was drugged in his alcoholic drink! he thought he was drunk! every single time!

read Dustin’s post yourself! are you trolling? not to be insensitive but you raise my blood pressure!

For anyone questioning how someone would not know they were drugged:
"One of the most disturbing effects of Rohypnol is that it can produce complete or partial amnesia (loss of memory) for the events that take place after it is ingested. (taken directly for a college PD's warnings on Date Rate Drugs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter