Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people don’t want to support a company they believe enabled a molester and abuser, then don’t post here or on the FB pages. These are run/owned by the company. Every post you make supports them. Just stop. No one requires you to read or participate or to listen to the podcast.

It is very easy to say that. I'll admit I even said that when watching stuff about domestic physical abuse. Why don't they just leave? How hard is it to walk out?

If only. It's not as cut and dry as we would like it to be.

Imagine, you are 24 years old. Remember being 24? You aren't as nuanced about the world. And you went through a lot of personal trauma, but finally thought you found a silver lining with a new dream job. And being 24 and naive you don't see the mind games your new boss is inflicting. You are being manipulated and gaslighted and you can't make heads or tails of it. You are told you are the problem. Remember, you're 24 -- not 34, 44, or 54. You are still impressionable and you begin to believe it is really you.

Finally, something clicks years later, your brain is getting out of the fog and you realize you need to get out ... and NOW. You lose everything and have to sell your personal possessions to make ends meet. And you do. And you survive. And you live to tell your story.

Geez, give the man credit for self preservation! A lot of people being abused never get out because they can't envision a way out, they are stuck in that fog.
honestly not to be offensive because there is nothing shameful about it. but you come across as something else, neurodivergent (which i am as well), but somehow unaffected by life and its inherent traumas.

have you readdressed yet how you previously couldnt understand why a straight man could get coerced into a relationship with another man? dustin states he was drugged multiple times by pete, at least at the very start of their “relationship” (if you can call it that).

you could take some time to learn about human psychology as well as NPD. people can be easily manipulated with certain tactics and it’s well studied and well described. there are some digestable tiktok videos out there to break it down for you.

you havent been exposed to mentally ill people and it’s apparent. i mean, good for you, but this nitpicking of certain aspects of this narrative when there are even screenshots indicating manipulative patterns of behavior is concerning. you miss the forest for the trees.
I could be wrong, but when I read his original statement there was nothing about being drugged. That’s important because it makes it criminal. The first time I remember seeing that was here on these boards. Not sure why something so critical would have been left out previously, if that’s the case. Maybe I missed it.

Dustin has repeatedly said he didn't tell anyone about the SA, and repeatedly asked that we stop insinuating that they had to have known.

We at least owe him the respect of listening to him.
I see that some newer voices are being added to the conversation which means more people are finding out what’s happened. They start off with the same disbelief in the podcast team until they get to the point in the conversation where they see Dustin’s comments about the team not knowing and to respectfully leave them out of it. Rinse and repeat. I just saw a post yesterday where someone was a user of these boards for 14 years and hadn’t heard of the podcast nor knew who any of the panel is. Some of them never even knew who owned the boards or what his name was.

I could be wrong, but when I read his original statement there was nothing about being drugged. That’s important because it makes it criminal. The first time I remember seeing that was here on these boards. Not sure why something so critical would have been left out previously, if that’s the case. Maybe I missed it.
Dustin did not post that part here.

Dustin shared this information in a new post yesterday. He had just learned the information himself.

I see that some newer voices are being added to the conversation which means more people are finding out what’s happened. They start off with the same disbelief in the podcast team until they get to the point in the conversation where they see Dustin’s comments about the team not knowing and to respectfully leave them out of it. Rinse and repeat. I just saw a post yesterday where someone was a user of these boards for 14 years and hadn’t heard of the podcast nor knew who any of the panel is. Some of them never even knew who owned the boards or what his name was.
There are people commenting on Instagram “whatever is going on John, Kevin, and Pete, you guys will get through it!” :oops:

As an attorney it does appear there are a significant number of potential civil lawsuits here, even if not criminal.

Tyler continues to be vocal about his accusations. He seems very adamant about this and said he stayed quiet due to fears of legal actions:

"what I think is almost more damning is that all his subordinates let him get away with it. Some of my coworkers choose money over what was right. And they've disregarded and hurt multiple people because of it. Pete fostered a culture of hatred, and it trickled down"

"His subordinates knew it was happening and worked to hide it for monetary value."

Pete "was protected by the company for far too long. They knew he was a problem and didn't do anything about it."

This is not some random poster trying to be a hater. This is not someone just speculating. This is someone who worked there, who is telling the hard truth.

Ignoring this is choosing to hide your head in the sand. We can't pretend anymore it was JUST Pete and no one else enabled him or knew.

This company is toxic. It needs a RADICAL transformation and RADICAL honesty about its past... or it needs to end.

According to what's been recorded with Orange County, he has mortgages $201K for DVC. He may have paid some of the mortgages off by now so that amount may be less. I didn't do a deep dive.
He mentioned getting a HELOC for a contract as well. The Amex bill might've been used to pay dues (shouldn't be that much as even if he paid them monthly, it was at most less then the six months of dues as dues are due at the beginning of the year and can be paid monthly. Unless he put his direct points on it (last riviera puts was maybe July?) and just never made a payment towards it? I don't believe you can pay resale with credit card.

There is no way the entire team did not know about this. How in the hell did no one do or say anything? Too scared of losing all those theme park benefits I guess. Disgusting.

Dustin has repeatedly said he didn't tell anyone about the SA, and repeatedly asked that we stop insinuating that they had to have known.

We at least owe him the respect of listening to him.
We need to be careful about keeping these ideas separate. It appears that DIS Management and certain Webmasters are going to the mat with the idea that since Dustin didn't tell anyone about being assaulted, then no one else knew. The two concepts are independent of one another. Dustin does not know what he does not know. His statement that "I never told anyone" has to be read as "I never told anyone. But it is possible that they found out by other means. I just don't know." Charles has revelaed that Pete blabbed about what he did. JL said that she was reaching a conclusion from personal observation. Dustin didn't know about any of this. All that said, Charles says that he never told a soul until yesterday and JL never elevated her suspicions. (No fault there. That's an impossible position to be in unless you are 100% certain.) So if all that is true, then it is certainly possible that no one else on the team (except Charles) knew. The missing pieces of the puzzle are: Did Pete tell anyone besides Charles; and Did anyone else figure out what was going on based on personal observations. So far no one else has come forward to say so, and it isn't our place to assume that any such person or people are out there. Based on that, I am not going to leap to the conclusion that "the entire team knew", nor am I going to conslude that "anyone on the team knew." But the proclamation that no one else knew because Dustin never told anyone else is simply a logical fallacy. That is not the only means of landing on the information.

We need to be careful about keeping these ideas separate. It appears that DIS Management and certain Webmasters are going to the mat with the idea that since Dustin didn't tell anyone about being assaulted, then no one else knew. The two concepts are independent of one another. Dustin does not know what he does not know. His statement that "I never told anyone" has to be read as "I never told anyone. But it is possible that they found out by other means. I just don't know." Charles has revelaed that Pete blabbed about what he did. JL said that she was reaching a conclusion from personal observation. Dustin didn't know about any of this. All that said, Charles says that he never told a soul until yesterday and JL never elevated her suspicions. (No fault there. That's an impossible position to be in unless you are 100% certain.) So if all that is true, then it is certainly possible that no one else on the team (except Charles) knew. The missing pieces of the puzzle are: Did Pete tell anyone besides Charles; and Did anyone else figure out what was going on based on personal observations. So far no one else has come forward to say so, and it isn't our place to assume that any such person or people are out there. Based on that, I am not going to leap to the conclusion that "the entire team knew", nor am I going to conslude that "anyone on the team knew." But the proclamation that no one else knew because Dustin never told anyone else is simply a logical fallacy. That is not the only means of landing on the information.
I'm not proclaiming that no one else knew because Dustin said he never told anyone. As I said in one of my later posts. My point was centering Dustin's wishes which were clearly to lay off that line hypothesis without fact. The inportant part being without fact. Charles, JL have added facts. There are still many unknown.

We have heard directly from a few people. Others have yet to share their experiences. We have to keep in mind also that given what has been shared publicly, it's quite likely that many if not most of these team members have suffered abuse at PW's hands. Some may choose to come forward, some may not. But it is their story to tell if/when they are able to.

Like I said - I'm not proclaiming who knew and who didn't. I'm trying to center the victims, and leave space for any further victims to come forward.

Tyler continues to be vocal about his accusations. He seems very adamant about this and said he stayed quiet due to fears of legal actions:
"what I think is almost more damning is that all his subordinates let him get away with it. Some of my coworkers choose money over what was right. And they've disregarded and hurt multiple people because of it. Pete fostered a culture of hatred, and it trickled down

"His subordinates knew it was happening and worked to hide it for monetary value."

Pete "was protected by the company for far too long. They knew he was a problem and didn't do anything about it."

This is not some random poster trying to be a hater. This is not someone just speculating. This is someone who worked there, who is telling the hard truth.
The money thing was confirmed by Sean on the other site a long time ago and he said it in passing and that it was not meant in a threatening way. This gives more credence to Tyler and Sean are saying the same thing but from two different perspectives. Together with Charles account of enablers, again yet another perspective this time with active beef with Sean to say the least. We have three different perspectives at 3 different posting time points (one from months ago) from 3 different people, 2 that seems to hate each other, Sean saying he kept his distance as best he could from the rest of the staff, I cannot just ignore that as simple coincidence, separate incidents, one off occurrences, or misinterpretations.

I almost am hoping someone else on the team speaks up or an original poster clarify that this was not the case.

Exactly. I believe Dustin 100%, and he doesn't have to worry about who knew what when. He needs to be concerned solely with taking care of himself.

But we know at least one ex-staff member is claiming others knew and kept it hidden, and is being extremely vocal and adamant about it.

We know JL had major suspicions.

We know Charles was told by Pete.

We know Charles said a few in the company enabled Pete.

And we know one staff member told Sean not to report what was happening for fear that they would all lose their jobs.

There needs to be accountability.

Exactly. I believe Dustin 100%, and he doesn't have to worry about who knew what when. He needs to be concerned solely with taking care of himself.

But we know at least one ex-staff member is claiming others knew and kept it hidden, and is being extremely vocal and adamant about it.

We know JL had major suspicions.

We know Charles was told by Pete.

We know Charles said a few in the company enabled Pete.

And we know one staff member told Sean not to report what was happening for fear that they would all lose their jobs.

There needs to be accountability.
And I want to be clear that NONE of my posts should be read in any way as saying there should not be accountability.

There absolutely, 💯 must be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter