Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought John was one of the good guys and I hope he is, I hope he’s working feverishly behind the scenes to make this right for his employees and the victims, I hope he’s only being silent because it’s the only way to protect those who’ve been hurt and I hope that his instagram postings were just an honest PR mistake. I hope, but I don’t know if I have much hope left as I would never leave my employees dangling in the wind as they made statements of acknowledgment but I didn’t. Im not sure what to say, what’s come out is beyond disgusting, beyond horrible, this is predatory criminality and like it or not it happened under his watch. I know what I would do, but I hope his public absence is for a greater purpose, taking heat to help those affected. I hope.
I’m all for benefit of the doubt, but I have no doubts left to give.

I don’t think they have a choice. These revelations are coming in real time whilst they are trying to fulfill their obligations. I can’t imagine how hard this must be for them. Things were pretty bad when they left but who expected them to suddenly get so much worse? I’m sure they ARE sick to their stomachs.
Just imagine being that sick to your stomach, and THEN having a huge pretzel, and then you have to have a huge sundae!

frankly he is in the middle of working for Disney right now. The anger should be targeted at PW not the people who are left scrambling. I agree he definitely has screwed up somewhere to let this situation even get here obviously but he is currently working at an event his clients have paid a lot of money for while also managing a crisis.

I just don't think its worth focusing on his social media. I get the frustration I just think thats like such small beans compared to the grand scheme

Is he managing it? The only reason I am focused on his social is because he is posting pictures of food and hats like nothing is going on. I could give it one post, maybe two ... but the comments are out there. He knows! And it is over the top ignoring the elephant once again.

I feel so disheartened. I really thought they may get through this. Now, I feel shattered for the innocent employees that don't deserve the fall that is likely going to happen.

ETA: just saw the post he made. Too little too late? :confused3 I agree some of the comments on IG were horrible, but the fact remains he was silent too long. JMHO

I am absolutely sick for those who have been hurt by Pete. I thought I was as upset as I could possibly be but the revelations from today sink even lower. I am so sorry for (and angry about) the suffering of everyone in Pete's orbit. It is despicable. My heart is with you.

I don't know if there can be any coming back from this. It is so dark.
Yeah. In the back of my mind I was hoping that Pete would say he was super drunk, and he thought it was consensual.

But that is certainly not possible if he did drug dustin in order to take advantage of him. That’s premeditation. And it makes a horrible situation much much worse. There are no excuses now.

It's entirely possible they're being advised to not discuss what is happening for legal reasons. That puts them in a difficult spot. I do think the excuse they gave was very strange. Would have been better as Ryno seemed to do on his personal YT channel to deal with it with a "it was a crazy week" and we're still here for you. Stating the studio is suddenly moving for mobility issues for two guys who have done everything except land on the moon together seems a knock on our intelligence.
I agree with the possibility that they can’t release statements due to legal reasons.

I know certain website names cannot be posted, but can someone post a hint to that other site we can’t talk about?

I agree with the possibility that they can’t release statements due to legal reasons.
100%. It would be dumb and further open the business and themselves up to being drug into any sort of future legal dispute if it were to occur. Better to just "plead the 5th" in a situation like this until you know what the final solution and resolution will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter