Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some people on these boards want to think otherwise, but I agree. I'm rapidly losing hope that John and Kevin care about this beyond their bottom line being affected.
Right there with you. It makes me feel like they had knowledge but kept quiet to keep the money and trips rolling in. It just feels bad. If John would make any kind of statement, anything at all, it would help. Ugh…I feel gross.

I just finished reading Dustin’s post

the user among us who kept saying “I don’t know how a straight man could do that” must be eating his words right now. that is the nicest thing i could come up with to say to you. how dare you

i havent read anything else so i may be making assumptions here but also thank you charles for waiting this long to tell dustin. /s

my mind is blown

Last edited:

Someone who cares for the business should take away the phone from John and Kevin NOW.

This is a business case in how NOT to handle a business crisis. “Pay no attention to the bad man, look at this ice cream instead, yum yum yum!”

I don’t know they can even eat at a time like this. I feel sick and don’t even know the victims!

Just read the update on the other site. My god….I really don’t know what to say

@Dustin…as much as this last piece of the puzzle hurts, it can certainly fill in the answers to some long standing questions for you. I can’t really be happy about that. I know you can’t be. All of this is not okay. Not one bit of it is fine. Please keep reaching out to others and take every moment that you need to seek out therapy, scream at the sky, or cry in the shower. Its a lot. Way too much and you did nothing, not a damn thing, to deserve any of it

@themando…please know that the same feelings extend to you. You may never know, or get confirmation, that something else was done to you like Dustin has discovered. But your situation is just as unacceptable. Where you started has no bearing on where you have ended up, and nothing justifies you being violated and abused. Every word that was said to you was the trash that you were accused of being. You came forward and initiated all of this being brought into the light. God bless you. If you are trash, I don’t need treasure in my life. All of it is not okay…and you didn’t do a damn thing to deserve any of this either. If you need someone to scream at the sky with you, I am here

I can only offer these words, and I know they are just that….words from someone outside the fishbowl. But please know that we are standing by you, and I do believe that there is strength in numbers. All of my love is being sent your way.❤️

Whatever John's response is and Corey's proclaimed change that is coming, it better be in-depth, honest, and detailed.

Given today's revelations, does it even matter anymore? If Disney finds out they will pull media access, they have pulled it for "lesser" scandals that weren't straight up a crime. The Dis is supposedly owned by Pete W alone so even if DUT buys it from him, they going to be operating at the fringe of Disney. Good luck attracting (and retaining) talent. Pete W has enormous clout and attraction (enough for sponsors to pay him tens of thousands a month), DUT is going to have no influx of customers.

What changes can there be?

Best case is Pete W is removed from the company and replaced by the remaining brass and staff. I love them and think they are all very talented but come on, look at the show without Pete, look at all the ideas Pete has come with (some failed sure) that are million dollar ideas (DVC show, MTO).

Hate him all you want, whether its skill, talent, circumstances, or straight up luck, Pete W made DUT and The Dis, John did a lot, the staff is great(Sean says Pete has random ideas and others make it successful), and I'm sure Donna got a few trick up her sleeves but Pete W. made and is this company.

I don’t understand how this enterprise, at least from a YT perspective could possibly survive this. The first thing anyone will associate with the DIS going forward is this situation. You can say “we should support the team and give them space” all you want, I can’t see anyone supporting this once some type of resolution is reached and people stop clicking for the info. Im sure a ton of great people worked at Weinstein Productions, but they don’t work there anymore.

I don’t understand how this enterprise, at least from a YT perspective could possibly survive this. The first thing anyone will associate with the DIS going forward is this situation. You can say “we should support the team and give them space” all you want, I can’t see anyone supporting this once some type of resolution is reached and people stop clicking for the info. Im sure a ton of great people worked at Weinstein Productions, but they don’t work there anymore.

Last edited:
Found the updates.

Does anyone know of a way we can help @Dustin directly? I had to pay for years of trauma based therapy and know it isn't cheap. I can only imagine what he is processing as the memories with missing pieces get filled in by others.

Can't Disney disassociate with DUL Travel entirely as a certified Disney Vacation agency? I am torn, but the more I think about it I hope that doesn't happen until there is some sort of validation, if possible, of what was and wasn't know by John. Knee jerk reactions are often times the wrong reactions and a lot of innocent people could lose their livelihood because of it. I just empathize with those folks and try to put myself in their shoes.

What other site are we talking about with more info on all this. I’m way behind for the day trying to catch up but this doesn’t sound good.

. I love them and think they are all very talented but come on, look at the show without Pete, look at all the ideas Pete has come with (some failed sure) that are million dollar ideas (DVC show, MTO).

Hate him all he wants, whether its skill, talent, circumstances, or straight up luck, Pete W made DUT and The Dis, John did a lot, the staff is great(Sean says Pete has random ideas and others make it successful), and I'm sure Donna got a few trick up her sleeves but Pete W. made and is this company.

Pete was at the right place at the right time and latched onto someone elses ideas every time, until he gets bored of it or them. He might have helped build the company, but the SA and million dollar lawsuit will now take it down, because everyone else still on staff is afraid of him and doesn’t want to lose their paychecks.

I can’t believe other Disney boards don’t have threads about all of this.

I hope Disney takes away their ability to sell, there are plenty of other travel agencies that will take the business that don’t violate their employees. I can see the ads now: The Super Mouse Fanatic Travel Difference: We don’t constantly violate our employees!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter