Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles Boda here:

Pete confessed to me the truth of what he did to you after almost two years of villainizing you as the one who "broke his heart." Here is how that played out:

As most DIS fans know, I have a felony. What they don't realize is that the "domestic partner" everyone thinks I stabbed was actually an abusive roomate who drugged my drinks and sexually assaulted me. We were never in a relationship, and although I suspected he was obsessed with me, I wasn't entirely aware of the assaults until he showed me pictures of them. I vomitted. The next time he put his hands on me I defended myself. My abuser even tried to visit me in jail to get me to move back into the apartment we shared. Instead, I became homeless but my abuser continued to stalk me for months.

Cut to a few years later. I was living in Pete's spare bedroom and working for the DIS. Pete was my sponsor in an addiction recovery program. He was sitting in his office with me and explained his true behavior to you in some detail. No one else on staff knew, and they likely believed his fictional account of how you "broke his heart."

I told Pete what he did to you was essentially what my abuser did to me. Pete replied that he decided to be my sponsor (after initially thinking I was hot and then finding out I was straight) because helping me would be making amends for what he did to you. This was an emotionally damaging revelation (I was his penance for abusing someone else) and I felt like a fool for letting another abuser get close to me. I did not give him the judgement-free response he thought he was owed. After 3 days of checking my bathroom for hidden cameras (he admitted he had used them before), I moved out of the house but could not afford to quit the DIS.

I continued working and tried not to focus on what I knew about him. I didn't want to be homeless again after so much work turning my life around. I was scared and confused. Eventually, on a trip to DL, I lwt Pete know I was upset that he was involved in fat-shaming Kevin and John at a work dinner without them present. Pete does not accept any criticism from anyone, so he immediately cut me off from certain jobs responsibilities. I spoke with my girlfriend about his behavior when I got home and she helped me confrot what I'd been trying to block out the entire time. Pete is a narcissistic sexual predator who controls eveyone he knows, friends, family, employees, by getting them on his payroll somehow and using his money to exert power over them. Things that were treated normal by Pete ("take close-up pictures of that hot singer at at Tiana's Place, I'm gonna ask the Maitre D' if I can get a private meeting. They know who I am here.) that we'd just avoid and get back to our real work suddenly couldn't be avoided.

Once I faced that reality, I couldn't pretend anymore. I couldn't even look Pete in the face without revulsion. I refused to be controlled, left the DIS, and went freelance.

I internally debated coming out openly about what I had learned, but telling my story meant telling yours. I didn't think it was right to bring you into a public discussion. The internet can be very cruel and victimshaming.

Please forgive my lack of communication, but I have a lot of PTSD about what happened to me by my abuser and then Pete's confession after years of lying to me to gain my trust.

While working for the DIS I loved my job and my coworkers. Few people enabled Pete, most folks were just controlled or extorted by him. There are a lot of victims to go around.

I don't know if this reply will see the light of day. Life has been much more healthy and happy since I left the DIS. I don't want to open up Pandora's box of internet cruelty. Even if I have, I guess it's important to remember what was at the bottom of that mythical box after all the negative forces were set loose on the world: Hope.

I hope you're well. I hope you forgive my silence. I hope someone, somehow, learns from this.

TLDR: I knew, Pete confessed to me, I'm sorry
damn dude. I don't even know what to say. PW is absolute trash and the amount of devastation he has caused is immeasurable.

Glad to hear you are in a better place now.

Charles Boda here:

Pete confessed to me the truth of what he did to you after almost two years of villainizing you as the one who "broke his heart." Here is how that played out:

As most DIS fans know, I have a felony. What they don't realize is that the "domestic partner" everyone thinks I stabbed was actually an abusive roomate who drugged my drinks and sexually assaulted me. We were never in a relationship, and although I suspected he was obsessed with me, I wasn't entirely aware of the assaults until he showed me pictures of them. I vomitted. The next time he put his hands on me I defended myself. My abuser even tried to visit me in jail to get me to move back into the apartment we shared. Instead, I became homeless but my abuser continued to stalk me for months.

Cut to a few years later. I was living in Pete's spare bedroom and working for the DIS. Pete was my sponsor in an addiction recovery program. He was sitting in his office with me and explained his true behavior to you in some detail. No one else on staff knew, and they likely believed his fictional account of how you "broke his heart."

I told Pete what he did to you was essentially what my abuser did to me. Pete replied that he decided to be my sponsor (after initially thinking I was hot and then finding out I was straight) because helping me would be making amends for what he did to you. This was an emotionally damaging revelation (I was his penance for abusing someone else) and I felt like a fool for letting another abuser get close to me. I did not give him the judgement-free response he thought he was owed. After 3 days of checking my bathroom for hidden cameras (he admitted he had used them before), I moved out of the house but could not afford to quit the DIS.

I continued working and tried not to focus on what I knew about him. I didn't want to be homeless again after so much work turning my life around. I was scared and confused. Eventually, on a trip to DL, I lwt Pete know I was upset that he was involved in fat-shaming Kevin and John at a work dinner without them present. Pete does not accept any criticism from anyone, so he immediately cut me off from certain jobs responsibilities. I spoke with my girlfriend about his behavior when I got home and she helped me confrot what I'd been trying to block out the entire time. Pete is a narcissistic sexual predator who controls eveyone he knows, friends, family, employees, by getting them on his payroll somehow and using his money to exert power over them. Things that were treated normal by Pete ("take close-up pictures of that hot singer at at Tiana's Place, I'm gonna ask the Maitre D' if I can get a private meeting. They know who I am here.) that we'd just avoid and get back to our real work suddenly couldn't be avoided.

Once I faced that reality, I couldn't pretend anymore. I couldn't even look Pete in the face without revulsion. I refused to be controlled, left the DIS, and went freelance.

I internally debated coming out openly about what I had learned, but telling my story meant telling yours. I didn't think it was right to bring you into a public discussion. The internet can be very cruel and victimshaming.

Please forgive my lack of communication, but I have a lot of PTSD about what happened to me by my abuser and then Pete's confession after years of lying to me to gain my trust.

While working for the DIS I loved my job and my coworkers. Few people enabled Pete, most folks were just controlled or extorted by him. There are a lot of victims to go around.

I don't know if this reply will see the light of day. Life has been much more healthy and happy since I left the DIS. I don't want to open up Pandora's box of internet cruelty. Even if I have, I guess it's important to remember what was at the bottom of that mythical box after all the negative forces were set loose on the world: Hope.

I hope you're well. I hope you forgive my silence. I hope someone, somehow, learns from this.

TLDR: I knew, Pete confessed to me, I'm sorry
Charles, thank you for sharing. It just keeps getting worse as more and more people chime in with their experiences. This has been on my mind and my heart for the last several days since I started reading anything. The DIS has been a place where I have made so many friends, and to see this community shaken like this is just so sad. But I’m glad things are coming out and hopefully the appropriate repercussions come as a result.

And I'm sorry, I know people don't want to hear this, but the question has to be asked... what did John and those in positions of power know? Was this behavior allowed because it was the easier way to do things?

I'm not even talking about the current staff - but JL says she had major suspicions. Charles was told by Pete. Charles said a "few" people enabled Pete. This was not a "No one knew anything" thing that people want to pretend it was.

If you say "we aren't entitled to know", that is the exact mindset that kept these discussions silenced. And if people in power in this company truly did enable Pete... that should be known to those who are supporting this company.

Yes, let's give them time. But the truth needs to come out before anything real can progress going forward.

Could PW make a claim for defamation of character or libel against posters on this forum or the other one? Presumably, as ‘Owner’ of this board he would be able to access posters’ registered details.
No under European GDPR Privacy Law personal data collected can only be used for the purpose it has been collected. While Disboards is an American website, they collect data from users in Europe, so therefore GDPR does apply to this website.

Personal data includes any identifying information, such as names, contact information, and device details.
No one can use their admin log in to access members information for any other use.

And I'm sorry, I know people don't want to hear this, but the question has to be asked... what did John and those in positions of power know? Was this behavior allowed because it was the easier way to do things?

I'm not even talking about the current staff - but JL says she had major suspicions. Charles was told by Pete. Charles said a "few" people enabled Pete. This was not a "No one knew anything" thing that people want to pretend it was.

If you say "we aren't entitled to know", that is the exact mindset that kept these discussions silenced. And if people in power in this company truly did enable Pete... that should be known to those who are supporting this company.

Yes, let's give them time. But the truth needs to come out before anything real can progress going forward.

I could not agree more.

John really needs to say something. Even if it is I cannot say anything due to legalities. The silence is deafening.
What shocks me to no end is the fact that John has not come out with a statement either here or blast emailed to all current and former clients saying that Pete has been separated from DU and that continuing to business with DU will in now way shape of form benefit Pete financially. Doesn't he realize how many booking he is losing and going to lose from people who will refuse to close a deal with DU as long as they remain uncertain of this one fact? Either he hasn't yet separated Pete from the possibility of financial gain, (which would mean that he cannot make the type of statement I suggest because it isn't true), or he is getting the worst crisis management advice of all time. 🤔

Can someone *sneakily* direct me to what other site I could find all this info on?? This is the first I’m hearing of ANY of this today and it was from TikTok first. Like give me a hint? Lol
You need to be in the thread on the other site to get the goods my friend.

I’m personally more than a little concerned about my reservation for next Spring. My Dreams TA has been great so far, but I’m wondering about the not-so-distant future financial stability of the travel agency.

More than anything, I don’t want PW getting any of my money. I have no issue with my TA getting their piece. As stated, they have been great so far. I’m starting to realize I’m probably boxed in with Dreams regardless on this trip.

I want to hear from John in an official manner.

Admit I'm not the first to say this but I really hate seeing people making negative comments about employees and even moderators and what they should or shouldn't have known or should or shouldn't have said. Even speculation about the other owners isn't really fair. No one has come out and said the KNEW things.

The blame here should fall on the one individual alone.

That is the $900,000 question many of us are waiting for.

John really needs to say something. Even if it is I cannot say anything due to legalities. The silence is deafening.

Exactly. I know some people want things to be easy cut-and-dry that only Pete is the bad guy here, and I'm not insinuating anything, but we need to hear from those currently in charge. We need honesty. We need transparency. The thing just continues to grow and grow... and the silence is not helpful.

I know time is needed, I respect that totally. But something needs to come sometime soon before the entire thing is mired in rot.

I wouldn't think so, but you make a good point. Obviously, it clearly doesn't look good for PW but he still hasn't had the opportunity to address these things. Being a horrible boss/person doesn't constitute a crime. Make S advances in a "relationship" isn't necessarily a crime. SF was in a relationship with him -albeit a pretty horrible one by my understanding. According to Wiki, DW had a "relationship" as well ...and what PW did creeps even me out. Which is why most of us probably choose to not share sleeping arrangements with co-workers, and if that were to happen(I'm speaking for myself only) there is one way to stop that type of behavior in its tracks. Whether DW did that or not isn't really clear from what I've seen. Without question, both situations are awful but I've heard one side ...with the addition of dozens of others theorizing this and that. Personally, I'm not ready to destroy the livelihood of a few because of the actions of one -not yet anyway.

Oh, Pete has had PLENTY of time to address...how many years ago did this happen? These are his boards, so he has an avenue to address it....

Can someone *sneakily* direct me to what other site I could find all this info on?? This is the first I’m hearing of ANY of this today and it was from TikTok first. Like give me a hint? Lol
Sad but true, but if you simply do a Google search of the name of man at the center of the controversy and the man who built the podcast studio, (just those four words...first name, last name, first name, last name) you will be taken right to it.

I’m personally more than a little concerned about my reservation for next Spring. My Dreams TA has been great so far, but I’m wondering about the not-so-distant future financial stability of the travel agency.
Your reservation is secure. Dreams doesn't have your money, Disney does. Nothing can happen to your reservation that would cause you any loss.

I wonder how that happens legally. Do the victims need to take action themselves? Or do they report it to the District Attorney?
Sean has said he sought legal advise but its now outside the statute of limitations. He also advised that due to PW financial status the cost of any legal action would probably have been more that any possible financial compensation.

(so much has happened recently but Im sure thats what I read on the other site)

Actually, that will take you to the current state of affairs. Once you get to that place, search for "#3" to get to the beginning. It is a very long read, but you will get the story from the beginning. "Chinese Food" is #7. There is a lot before that.
And I feel compelled to say that I am in no way endorsing 95% of the stuff that is bantered about on those threads. Be forewarned that it is a cage match, MMA mentality over there. Stick to the posts made by Sean and Dustin and a few other anonymous former DIS employees and you will find what you are looking for. There is a lot of sick, unnecessary junk over there that can (and probably should) be glossed over quicky.

I’m saddened and disappointed by all this. As a listener/poster of the Dis since early 2018 this entire debacle floored me. No one knows who knew what, how much they knew, or when they discovered anything so please give them all a break and a lot of room. There are major companies that have huge teams of people, attorneys, PR people, marketing people and consultants who manage events like this.

This all started to really come out last week and they still had to manage Dreams Unlimited Travel, the Dis Unplugged show last week, run the ABD trip this week, the Dis event this weekend, move the studio while they are away for a week, and still manage the fallout of the events involving Pete. As I said, give them a lot of room - they are juggling a lot right now.

Some people are looking at people leaving DUT/The Dis as if it’s s conspiracy of some kind. Deni left to work at GKTW. Jackie moved back to Seattle. Yes, some left because of the bad things that happened but people move on to other jobs. They get better offers, better situations, better perks, better positions, better money.

I’m someone who notices everything. In the five years I have been a part of The Dis community, I saw a lot of red flags. Taking each one at face value they didn’t raise any alarms. In hindsight, taking them all together, the alarms are going off like crazy. Even Craig announcing they were moving the studio raised a red flag but not any alarms. I know the studio is in 2 bedrooms, about 10 feet wide. There is no way Kevin can get his scooter in there. I know, I have a scooter. What Craig said made sense.

But here’s the thing. Things change. That’s the only constant in life, change. The Dis will change. Let’s see what changes before doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter