• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what the difference is. Did you really expect that it would be plastered all over the Boards that PW created?!?
Nope, that's why I never bothered looking here first. But you have to give credit to the people coming from the other board for bringing over the information so that you could stroll over here and find the information with little effort.

I remember on one show Pete bragged that his living room/great room was 1,200 square feet. What kind of person does that? And why would you think I care? He must have a huge inferiority complex. That part of him is sad.
Pete talks a big game but apparently can't walk it. Who brags that their living room/great room is 1200 Sq feet. Like, ok bro we get it.
I knew (and stopped watching) when i heard for the 100th time how many dvc points he has or how many contracts he has, etc, etc. Why do we care.? I would be yelling at my TV “****, nobody cares”. lol
You can just tell from that type of gloating/bragging there is an issue.

I guess all of this is a different YT channel, as a lot of the names mentioned in this thread are unknown strangers to me, but same main dude, same issues.
I just hope Paul and Amy can distance themselves and continue with DVCFan or even start their own.

Last edited:

How do you figure this? I recall several mentions on the podcast over the years about construction being done there.
From what I have gathered from other places, the renovations were around making the place better for the business. The studio for example is 2 bedrooms with the wall between them knocked out and there is an office in what used to be the garage. None of those will add value to the property (probably the opposite if the modifications are not reversed).

I am really sad to hear all of this. Sad for the dedicated employees who may have suffered due to an egomaniac. Sad for me as a huge fan and patreon subscriber. It's been clear to me as an avid watcher over the years that he runs a very tight ship and at times his comments to others are derogatory and condescending at best. So although this is very sad it's not a surprise really. It is also no surprise that he was probably so intimidating to deal with that staff just had to find their own way of coping, and yes some may say buried their heads in the sand. For me its self preservation. I applaud Sean and Dustin for speaking out. I also support every member of the DIS team and hope that it can flourish without Pete at the helm. Thanks to mods, webmaster and everyone at DIS. You've got this!

You may not want to watch it but not everyone knows about the history and he is entertaining.
This is how predators continue to thrive.

This happens in religious communities as well, where the charismatic leader, who’s been impressing and gaining the trust of the community, gets exposed for taking advantage of people and abusing them (financially, sexually, etc) and in a few short years returns to leadership once again. If not there, then elsewhere.

This is why some in the Muslim community here in the US have started a group called FACE (Facing Abuse in Community Environments) to investigate allegations and write reports on people (like PW) who had authority and used it to prey on others. They interview victims, look at evidence, and write reports on the accused, in the hopes they can’t easily get re-hired elsewhere and start over again.

You may not want to watch it but not everyone knows about the history and he is entertaining.
If by entertaining you mean pompous, arrogant, and demeaning to anyone else on the show or any listener that dares to disagree with him then yeah. I had pretty much stopped watching anything he was on a couple of years ago with maybe a few exceptions if it was a topic I was really interested in. And that was long before I knew the behind the scenes detail of abuse.

After all that has been revealed I cannot understand how anyone could be even hinting that Pete should start his own channel.

So what you are saying is that we bury the history, allow him to have a show where he hires more vulnerable young men, physically abuses them whilst mentally and emotionally abusing all of his other employees just so that he can entertain us. Rinse and repeat. I am trying to wrap my head around this but am going to give up trying. Might as welll try to convince me that because not everyone knows of Harvey Weinstein's history, we should allow him to serve as the casting director of a new movie because he once produced Oscar-winning films. Color me unconvinced.

Even if it was accurate information, I'd still consider it trolling. I wasn't there for the live show, but I'm sure it made it more difficult for everyone involved. Not exactly the best method of getting the "word out" in my opinion. But that's only one persons opinion.....
It was the July 18th episode in chat that I first read about it. Simple google search and ... 🤯 my mind was blown, and I was devastated. Of course, there was NOTHING on the Disboards about it. All was calm and peachy keen over here. In all honesty, it felt gross being on here.

Last week, I tuned into the live episode just to read the comments to see if it was getting any traction, and we were welcomed into the show by the new studio announcement. That to me signaled the poo 💩 was hitting the fan. Word was spreading.

I honestly don't think there was another way I would have found out about all the allegations if it weren't for the live chat. This is the only forum I frequent, and none of my friends are Disney lovers. I don't blame anyone for trying to get the word out by using chat, as I honestly feel they tried to do what was right for Sean and Dustin (and others who are silently dealing with it all.)

Even when the New Studio thread popped up on the Disboards, I saw how fast posts were being deleted. That is when I sent not only a link to the episode and said read chat, but I also posted a cryptic message on the CB about how sad I was that this was being hidden and I was questioning my departure if this was going to keep being swept under the rug. Finally, they came to the CORRECT decision that you cannot censor this information.

With all that said, I just don't think there was another way to get "word out" to people who are like me and don't visit other sites.

If by entertaining you mean pompous, arrogant, and demeaning to anyone else on the show or any listener that dares to disagree with him then yeah. I had pretty much stopped watching anything he was on a couple of years ago with maybe a few exceptions if it was a topic I was really interested in.

After all that has been revealed I cannot understand how anyone could be even hinting that Pete should start his own channel.
I believe my post says "could" not "should". I don't tell anyone what they "should" be doing.
You are aware that your eyeballs on this website benefits him, right? He is part owner of this Website afaik.

So what you are saying is that we bury the history, allow him to have a show where he hires more vulnerable young men, physically abuses them whilst mentally and emotionally abusing all of his other employees just so that he can entertain us. Rinse and repeat. I am trying to wrap my head around this but am going to give up trying. Might as welll try to convince me that because not everyone knows of Harvey Weinstein's history, we should allow him to serve as the casting director of a new movie because he once produced Oscar-winning films. Color me unconvinced.

No. Only Google could disallow it. And not everyone will read here or the other Website, so many will never find out about any allegations.

Boggles my mind how, even when faced with facts, folks will choose not to believe it. They don't want change or their bubble disturbed.
It’s not that they don’t believe. It’s that they don’t care. It doesn’t matter to them if someone is a criminal or a sexual predator or a drug addict or a compulsive liar. They know all of that and still support and follow and vote for the person.

And not everyone will read here or the other Website, so many will never find out about any allegations.
I am still at a total loss as to why this matters. Should a show exist to entertain the uninformed if producing that show requires hiring other people to assist? I think you are missing the bigger picture here. He cannot be in a position of being the boss of anyone. Ever. His predilections exist independent of the knowledge that people have of them. My last words on this, I promise. I vowed yesterday that if I were allowed to remain here I would not allow myself to get drawn into Board Wars.

I believe my post says "could" not "should". I don't tell anyone what they "should" be doing.
You are aware that your eyeballs on this website benefits him, right? He is part owner of this Website afaik.
OK - fair on the could / should thing. But I 100% stand by my point about Pete's "entertainment" value. I grew tired of his schtick a long time ago. But I will agree with you that there are plenty of people that find that type of content enjoyable - just go take a look at the posts of disappointment on here when he decided to step back from the Tuesday show. I however, am not one of them.

And yes, I am aware he is the owner of this board as is most everyone else on here that continues to read and post. Speaking only for myself, I am hopeful that at some point that will not be the case. I'm willing to wait and see - for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter