Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is toxic, but there's something to be said about the level of open discussion that's allowed there. Because Sean and Dustin's stories could NEVER be told here, and discussions about any possible toxicity regarding Pete would be instantly squashed, and you'd probably be punished/criticized for daring to vocalize it.

Going forward, I believe these boards need to allow more free discourse. No attacking others or anything like that. But we should be allowed to talk a little more freely than we have been able to in the past. Because this shows that mandatory silence allows toxicity to spread, and open dialogue allows it to be exposed, processed, and handled.
Absolutely this! That other site can be toxic, but I landed there because I was very concerned about things I was listening to on the podcast. Anytime someone here on the disboards would say anything remotely critical about Pete, people would rush to his defense, saying it was disrespectful to the owner of the boards, etc.

I rarely ever post anything here, mostly a lurker, but I have been around for decades. One of the few posts that shared here on this page was deleted. I said that it seemed like perhaps the team had lost their passion for the podcast. Thats it. And it went poof. Good heavens, Pete himself said it just months later. There needs to be space to have open discussion in a way that is respectful.

My condolences to the entire team, but especially Dustin and Sean. Your strength, courage and vulnerability are to be admired.

Discussion of moderation here is a nice byproduct of what’s going on. Nobody is getting a statement from John until John is ready, but in the meantime all of the past banned coming out of the DisBoard ground like Thriller has been great. I am in the group that almost never posted here before this conversation because it seemed pointless. Most discussions were just an echo chamber of Dis koolaid. I don’t even see as a company why you’d want that, some companies pay for this type of honest feedback. People are giving it up for free and getting thrown out?

Discussion of moderation here is a nice byproduct of what’s going on. Nobody is getting a statement from John until John is ready, but in the meantime all of the past banned coming out of the DisBoard ground like Thriller has been great. I am in the group that almost never posted here before this conversation because it seemed pointless. Most discussions were just an echo chamber of Dis koolaid. I don’t even see as a company why you’d want that, some companies pay for this type of honest feedback. People are giving it up for free and getting thrown out?
Not coming out the ground like Thriller! 😂😂😂

I’m so sad for all who have been affected by all the bad behavior. My heart goes out to the victims as well as to those in the company who have worked so hard at making this such a great community for so long. I pray we all can move on to greener pastures with far less suffering and far more kindness towards each other.
Alas, for everything there is a season, and I think after barely hanging on to the Disboards for the past few years, this will be the straw that broke this camel’s back. It was great chatting with most of you over the years. I’ve missed a lot of people from around here who felt chased off due to their views. Today, that person is me. I need to stand up for someone today in my own small way. I’ll be taking my vast WDW knowledge elsewhere on the internet.
Have a magical day. :smickey:
MagicOwners would love to have you!!

Even if John is ready most likely there will be no statement until the lawyers give the green light.

I don't know what more I could add to this, but as an "old timer", I figured I should say something.
It's been 16 years since I joined the boards. Over those years, I became a regular at DIS meets (as well as a planner), went on the PCC 6, became friends with the people on the team.

My heart breaks for everyone involved. People who are accusing the team of being complicit are making my blood boil - especially with @Dustin repeatedly telling everyone that they didn't know what was going on. Victims are experts at keeping these things to themselves. I know from experience that we feel tremendous shame and guilt, even though that makes no sense at all... and we can hide these truths for decades because of those feelings. Because of all of that, and my relationships with these people, I believe wholeheartedly that they had no idea how bad things were behind closed doors. And before anyone @s me to argue about this, just know that I'm too old to argue with strangers on the internet. Don't waste your energy.

@Dustin, thank you so much for sharing your story. I know it can't be easy - but I hope you're feeling some relief in getting it out there. I don't know Sean F. personally, but I thank him for sharing, too. I'm so deeply sorry for what you went through, and I applaud your courage in speaking out.

Roseanne becoming the Connors is absolutely perfect. Can't wait for it to happen!

#ConnorsParade

I haven’t posted here in 3 years, but I just want to lend my support to Sean, Dustin and everyone who has been affected by this situation. My original account was banned because I showed solidarity with Ryan and I don’t expect anyone to remember me here. I do recognize quite a few names though! I figured it was safe for me to just pop in and say hello. I see you. I feel for everyone involved.

I know we are all experiencing complicated feelings, and it’s been quite a ride to read it all. I think my feelings of shock will last a long time.

I didn’t think I would ever post on these boards again. But after reading this thread in its entirety I felt compelled to do so.

I haven’t posted here in 3 years, but I just want to lend my support to Sean, Dustin and everyone who has been affected by this situation. My original account was banned because I showed solidarity with Ryan and I don’t expect anyone to remember me here. I do recognize quite a few names though! I figured it was safe for me to just pop in and say hello. I see you. I feel for everyone involved.

I know we are all experiencing complicated feelings, and it’s been quite a ride to read it all. I think my feelings of shock will last a long time.

I didn’t think I would ever post on these boards again. But after reading this thread in its entirety I felt compelled to do so.
Hey Saints!

Hello all, long time listener, lurker, etc. I’ve been watching the show since very early on, during Dustin’s tenure. Even went back and listened to old shows. I was devastated when dustin announced his departure, and have been following him on social media. And I have to say, I’m so glad he came forward and had a chance to speak his truth. Same with Sean. It took so much courage and it takes a huge leap of faith to do what they did. My heart goes out to them, and I believe every word.

Disney has been my happy place since rediscovering it during my first adult trip - planning which led me to the board and the show. The boards helped me discover that there were others that loved it as much as I did. I didn’t post much but did read along on a lot of posts. Now that is tarnished.

I found the other site in question after seeing comments alluding to something big on last weeks show. I was so confused and had no clue. First thing was the lawsuit with Amex. This was very troubling. It wasn’t new, as it had been out there for month. In addition to being out there, no one said anything in the months that followed. Not until I happened across it did I know. Then the SA allegations…i am sick to my stomach.

I know the companies have to figure things out. I hope they do and weather this intense storm. But we have supported you, booked travel, been Patreon supports, bought from Magic Candle

Both situations make me nervous to continue to invert in the company. But Sean and Dustin have my support 10000%.

That was some eye opening insight into the man’s mind. He goes off about how it’s wrong for two men to show affection in the magic Kingdom because children dont need to see ”two queens” kissing, despite surely their own heterosexual parents or relatives kissing in front of them all the time. Love is love and tasteful PDA is absolutely fine, Im not sure what would possess a man to say that specifically. I digress, but the irony of him caring about the mental well being of young people is palpable.
This is the line that got me:
Is the Magic Kingdom REALLY the place for a 5 year old to ask his father why those two men are kissing? Is it really up to any person to decide for that parent when, or if, they will have that conversation with their child? I’ve always believed the best way we, as gay men and lesbians, could further our cause was to simply live our lives openly, and with dignity. Not hide in shame, and not force our beliefs or lifestyle down anyone elses throat.
This is basically saying no gay couple should ever show affection in public because they'd be "deciding for the parent" of any child who sees it "when, or if they will" have to explain to their child what homosexuality is. And a gay couple kissing in public isn't "forcing beliefs down anyone elses throat" it's simply existing and living by the same rules as straight couples get to live by. This is a disgusting mindset.

I wasn't around back when this article was published, but I'm shocked Pete wrote this. Well, I guess I'm not shocked now, but I would have been a week ago.

Last edited:
sooo...are we thinking a live show tomorrow?

I believe the home studio days are over and it was gonna be remote anyway, but...i guess we'll see.

sooo...are we thinking a live show tomorrow?

I believe the home studio days are over and it was gonna be remote anyway, but...i guess we'll see.
No, it was mentioned at the top of the show last week that there would at least be no show for this week because of the event at the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter