Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is apparently known to some people on the other site. He was on camera a few times. I do not know who it is though. Only his alias there. He’s been after ryno for awhile but hasn’t posted since ryno called him out.
Other than being a gay man who came from up north…Shaun doesn’t fit the description at all, and the only other gay former employees I can think of is maybe that ex cop that was on a handful of episodes and Oliver (doubtful).

Do you know who he is referring to in his video? He doesn’t name him, but I assume he was a former dis employee (or a board member?)
Clearly he wasn’t talking about Sean or Dustin….the description fits Charles personality, but he said he had moved from up north.
You could probably figure it out if you tried but I didn’t give it serious thought, but this person is still very active on the other site in terms of username, you know who he’s referring to. Makes me feel even worse for Ryno.

Think about how insanely over the top obsessed you have to be with your job to deal with all of this and keep working. Your boss is sick, you’re working relentless hours for no pay, and other people are also treating you like garbage publicly while you’re doing it.

I still have my patreon. I want to continue to support the team while they work through this, and trust that they are doing their best.
Me too, Mary Jo. Me too. I trust that John et al are working through what can be done to maintain/bring back our trust in the company. I also know hands are tied legally with no SA determined in a court of law. Likewise, I know that all parties want what is best for their own interests and seeing what is all over these boards….well, that would not be the status quo. All personal statements coming out so far are less than cryptic on where things are likely heading. We just have to read between the lines until the i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed.

It will just take time. I don’t envy any of them. This has to be painful for all of them…and you. Pain being processed on top of unimaginable pain that has come out of the shadows. I will also be here to support them (and you) through this process. Sending love❤️

Do you know who he is referring to in his video? He doesn’t name him, but I assume he was a former dis employee (or a board member?)
Clearly he wasn’t talking about Sean or Dustin….the description fits Charles personality, but he said he had moved from up north.
It’s a poster on the other site who was trashy Ryno & others a good bit for not quitting or saying anything. He does know this person.

So, let’s take the SA out of the equation, not discounting or downplaying that, it’s abhorrent and vile, no one is disputing that, neither here nor on any other website, but it isn't dealing with the issue \that i keep seeing about "Red flags" and how others "should have known".

Now, let’s break this down:

- Owner of a small business (it’s small in employee numbers) hires people he may or may not be sleeping with, in a consenting (to the outside viewer) and/or paid relationship (however dysfunctional it is or seems) with employees/subordinates.

Same owner shows strong narcissistic (true narcissism, not the weird definition of it that seems to have permeated the world where everyone thinks all it means is selfishness or being self involved) traits (at best. Probably full blown narcissism or BPD) treats everyone in the company like trash, gaslights, abuses, berates, condescends. So when he does it to his lovers within the company, nothing seems out of sorts to how you yourself get treated.

Let’s be real, we, the audience, have witnessed team members have their physical traits mocked on air (“the giant head of Lady Clavin"), their food preferences (Steve), their ability to pronounce words, generally those of another language (Fiasco), their opinions on things (“you can have your opinion but it’s WRONG!” Or “you think X but you’re wrong because I think Y and my opinion is the right one” - sound familiar? These are practically direct quotes from shows that I’ve heard over the last 9 years of watching/listening) and just general mockery.

If someone is willing to do this ON AIR, can you even imagine what is said away from the adoring public?!

- I touched on it above but let’s dig a little deeper… said owner hires men he is or wants to sleep with. Is this a red flag if it happens at a mid-sized company? Sure. But small businesses often hire friends/family/loved ones to work for them.

Is it also a red flag that Teresa, owner’s SIL, was hired?
Kevin, other owner’s boyfriend at the time?
No one seems to think John was wrong to hire Kevin… and not one person here or on the other website (from the 4th thread, I didn’t read back through 1-3) has mentioned that it was “red flags” to have hired Teresa, or Kevin for that matter.

So tell me again, why is it up to Craig, Ryno, or anyone else within the company to have raised issues when the owner of the company decides to hire his boyfriends? It’s not unheard of in small businesses, and it’s absolutely not the place of other employees to raise concern.

So, back to it… if we take out the SA, which Dustin and Sean have both admitted they never disclosed to anyone, much less their peers and colleagues within the DIS, and the treatment of ALL employees was practically uniform, with flavours of the month either being doted on, or absolutely reamed on a daily basis, AND the fact that it isn’t out of the ordinary for small business owners to hire loved ones, what on earth is it that you’re asking of Craig and Ryno and the rest to have
A. Seen and spoken up about
or
B. Stopped?

Seriously.

Think about this logically and take the emotion out of it.
Red flags may have been obvious to us, the viewer, but when that is the known and accepted culture within the team, what is it exactly you’ve expected the guys to have done? I don’t even know what people wanted others to do?
Dustin has said this multiple times, but for the cheap seats in the back, let me spell it out:

NO ONE KNEW ABOUT THE SA!!!

So, again, can we please just stop now with the red flags arguments, it gains nothing, it helps no one and even IF something could have been said/done, it is in the past, it cannot be changed.
You seem to have very strong views and I hope that you're able to get support about them.

I will say that your first bullet is already a gigantic red flag. There is no consensual relationship between a boss and employee. Full stop. I think people think, "18+" means consent can happen between adults but ignores the inherent power difference between a boss and employee. Regardless of knowing details that are clearer about the lack of consent, witnessing a boss hire someone with whom they have a relationship (or starting a relationship with a current employee) is a flag (it's just that in a small org/company like this, there may not be appropriate ways to deal with this - even in larger workplaces, often HR is seen as protective of the company - not employees).

But I don't know why you're "yelling" at people about the acts of SA; it's a part of the story but not all of it - I'm not sure it super matters (now, as humans, we often want (1) to believe there are patterns for things so we're not taken by surprise and (2) we try to make sense of things after the fact. So, yeah, people are wrestling with, "Was this thing I noticed a flag?" and "Did others see similar things?" I think it's okay to take a deep breath and let people flesh these things out.). Regardless of what (if anything) people suspected or "knew" - maybe this is a painful lesson for so many of us to pay more attention to the red flag that does go off (or the gut feeling or whatever) and for others to find ways to support people who are being exploited or manipulated (as it does happen in other situations). Because vacations are such a personal thing, people are placing a lot of weight into this community - but it's a sad reminder that most often, abuse takes place among people we know and in situations that may appear okay on the outside.

But I don't know why you're "yelling" at people about the acts of SA
I'm not, thats the point i'm making. Take the SA out of it and take a look at the situation.

People have been calling for C/R to have done something about the whole situation, like they "should have seen the red flags" and why they didn't act on them, but all of the things I listed are/were normal parts of what happened at DUT/the DIS.

There is no consensual relationship between a boss and employee.
I see where you're going with that, but I think you're digging too deep on that. Sean came on board as (seemingly) a boyfriend of PW, is that not a consensual relationship?
I see that you're saying that Dustin was coerced into the relationship and I agree with you, but to the outsiders, that was a consensual relationship, regardless of employee status. I don't think that many people would see any relationship in the workplace and always immediately say that it isn't consensual.
Is the power dynamic off? Sure, but many, many people enter into these kinds of relationships every day, around the world, and they do so happily, willingly and without force. Yes, lots are forced, but it's so unfair to assume every single relationship that presented like PW and Dustin's is non-consensual and that every single person should question those relationships, everywhere, always.

My point is, people are asking for C/R to have done something or asking why they didn't, but no one has yet verbalized in a rational and logical way why they think they should have. It is not fair and it achieves nothing.

It is not, and never was their place to question an age gap or a power dynamic between two people who are dating. It was none of their business.
Plus, they were subject to torment and abuse as well.

Other than being a gay man who came from up north…Shaun doesn’t fit the description at all, and the only other gay former employees I can think of is maybe that ex cop that was on a handful of episodes and Oliver (doubtful).

People on the other boards know who it is but are not saying so as not to dox them, which is ironic. I'm not sure it matters, they were a minimal contributor to the vlogs 5-6 years ago.

I cancelled my Patreon because I can’t in good conscience just wait and see how it all shakes out. I full heartedly support the team members caught in the crossfire but pulling financial support is just about the only thing I can do that feels like doing something.

I will gladly throw Ryno a virtual tip to counterbalance that (thanks to the poster who shared that link) because I recognize that Pete has a pretty messed up pay structure.

If John were to put out a statement that says PW will no longer be involved with Dreams from this day forward and does not continue to profit off of Dreams bookings or Patreon subscribers, that could help ease concerns and maintain the financial support quite a bit.
John may not be able to do that yet, even if they are working towards that end. We don’t know what the business agreements say for the various companies Pete is part of. It’s not as easy as just saying “he never gets another dime” while there are lawsuits pending, and possibly investigations on other allegations made against him. Depending on if he is found to be in violation of contract terms of breaking any laws, he may be entitled to some sum of money on his departure. I’m sure lawyers are telling John and Pete to stay silent until a point in time a formal statement can be made. While DUL isn’t a large multinational corporation, it is still a big enough company with enough eyes watching that they have to be extremely cautious about how everything is handled.

Just watched Ryno's livestream and between that plus Corey and Craig's posts the thing that stands out to me is that none of the current employees (so far) are defending Pete. I was honestly expecting them all to say "these accusations are from former employees and we stand with our founder" yada yada. But instead, it's been support for the victims (whom I believe) and requests for privacy and grace. That speaks volumes. Perhaps they didn't know the details of the more egregious acts, but it's clear from their responses that the work environment Pete fostered was not one that compelled his team to come to his defense. If anything, Ryno at least seems relieved that the veil has been lifted.

To quote him, "It's time for Roseanne to become The Conner's."

I’ve been going through old emails which caused me to remember sending a rather lengthy one to someone detailing the definitions of “consent” and “rape” as well as Florida law. It was prompted by this discussion from about 24 minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/live/AT-344JyeL8?feature=share

The irony. I’m so angry.

I just went back and listened. Wow. That didn't age well at all. Pete basically saying "she was drunk, she deserved it." Wow.

I'm not, thats the point i'm making. Take the SA out of it and take a look at the situation.

People have been calling for C/R to have done something about the whole situation, like they "should have seen the red flags" and why they didn't act on them, but all of the things I listed are/were normal parts of what happened at DUT/the DIS.

I see where you're going with that, but I think you're digging too deep on that. Sean came on board as (seemingly) a boyfriend of PW, is that not a consensual relationship?
I see that you're saying that Dustin was coerced into the relationship and I agree with you, but to the outsiders, that was a consensual relationship, regardless of employee status. I don't think that many people would see any relationship in the workplace and always immediately say that it isn't consensual.
Is the power dynamic off? Sure, but many, many people enter into these kinds of relationships every day, around the world, and they do so happily, willingly and without force. Yes, lots are forced, but it's so unfair to assume every single relationship that presented like PW and Dustin's is non-consensual and that every single person should question those relationships, everywhere, always.

My point is, people are asking for C/R to have done something or asking why they didn't, but no one has yet verbalized in a rational and logical way why they think they should have. It is not fair and it achieves nothing.

It is not, and never was their place to question an age gap or a power dynamic between two people who are dating. It was none of their business.
Plus, they were subject to torment and abuse as well.
Got it. We have different views/values about this and I respect yours.

He is a guy that was on a “Gay“ show Pete started about six years ago. A former NY policeman just moved to Orlando. I think his name was Brian.

John really needs to put out a very detailed statement sooner rather than later. He’s the face of the company now.

John needs to follow the legal advice he is receiving, whatever that may be.

I agree with both of these if you tweak out the "very detailed" part. (As I crossed out. No ill will, just giving my take.)

Even if John came out making an official statement saying legally he cannot discuss the situation (which is likely the case), it would be better than radio silence. During times of crisis, the leader needs to say something -- if not to both allegations, at least the one in the courts.

Nothing has been said, which I find perplexing. Just say you can't discuss it! IMHO, that's better optics than ignoring the HUGE elephant in the room.

He is a guy that was on a “Gay“ show Pete started about six years ago. A former NY policeman just moved to Orlando. I think his name was Brian.
I'm glad it got said here because for some reason, they're being coy about it elsewhere and not wanting to dox the person, but given their strong opinions that they're more than happy to dole out, I guess it's fair that they don't hide behind a Jafar avatar.

Posters from over there are reading this thread, so for those who were trying to figure it out, here it is, you're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter