Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is true that the travel agent doesn't get paid until the trip is taken. I think that if a travel agency dissolves, the bookings would revert back to Disney but I don't know for sure. I would think that if DU books them with Disney directly, and your payment it made to Disney and not to DU, then it reverts to Disney. I haven't ever booked with DU because I've been DVC for nearly 2 decades. However, that said, before I was DVC, I booked my Disney vacations through AAA. And I believe payments went to AAA, not Disney. So I'm not sure which way DU operates. Anyone know? 🤔
This is correct. All payments are paid directly to Disney. DU never holds money. The agents, who work very hard, are not paid until after the clients travel.

It appears that my original post on Patreon is being criticized by plenty of people including @Tonyz particularly, so let me clarify. Dustin and Pete brought me into this company as a freelancer in late 2012 before going part-time in 2013 and then full-time. When I say I found out about the allegations (Dustin's) the same way as others, it's because it's the absolute truth as Dustin has clearly stated. And I was truly shocked. The DIS was an abnormal place to work from day one and something like Pete and Dustin dating was presented to me as consensual and normal. There was plenty of fighting along the way that seemed like red flags to me, but I'm never going to be one to judge anyone's relationship. When Dustin chose to leave, I supported him doing what was best for him.

You can choose whether or not to believe me when I say I was not aware of what happened with Dustin before or during my time working with The DIS even with Dustin saying flat out we didn't know. You can choose to believe me or not when I tell you that John told me he knows Dreams needs a bigger presence on the show and that means he and Kevin returning but they need a new studio because the reality is it's impossible for Kevin to navigate into a narrow door and down a narrow hallway into an extra bedroom that was our studio.

Right now, I'm just trying to do my job to the best of my ability and I'm waiting to hear more the same way everyone else is.
Thanks @Teleclashter . 'Abnormal place to work' - yep! Keep up the good work - your Food and Wine video this week was the best we've seen in a while - loved the creativity and positive vibe. Looking forward to seeing how the content evolves as you all move forward... I have hope that great things are ahead.

For those people angry at the other members of the team for not knowing or not doing anything, I would gently remind you that Pete was clearly a very abusive boss on multiple levels and they were all in a toxic work environment. I have seen him say awful and inappropriate things to team members on air, I can only imagine what he did and said off camera. The other website gives multiple examples of over-the-top things he said and did to his employees and how manipulative he was. All that really messes with your head. If you’ve ever had to navigate a relationship with an abuser that has power over you, you know it’s not as simple as calling them out or walking away.

I commend Sean and Dustin for speaking out and I’m so, so sorry for what they went through.

I thank Corey and Craig for making statements - that does mean a great deal.

And I give all the team members, past and present a great deal of grace to navigate this extremely turbulent time. I hope we never see Pete on on our screens in any capacity again, and I hope the DIS is able to be reborn without this toxic influence.

I’m here to say that I totally admire Craig & always have. I think he’s the most dedicated to the viewers & I am sure that he is deeply hurt by what has happened. I hope that he will get the opportunity to rebrand the DIS without Pete.

I often wonder now if the staff is actually relieved that Pete will be removed from the equation. Perhaps that will make the energy so much better.

I’ve been following all of this news for the last few days (reading through everything here and on TL/ comments) and disappointed is putting it lightly.

I feel terrible for all of the victims involved in this. I cannot express how sorry I am that they had to go through any of this and didn’t feel like there was a way out. Thank you for coming forward and sharing your stories.

I also feel duped - I have been following the DIS for almost 14 years. I’m a huge podcast fan and while I never really was into the boards, I felt like this community was part of my life for almost 14 years now. That’s a long time and at this point it feels tainted and ruined.

I found the podcast while I was driving my 1 hr each way commute to work everyday. I have listened to every episode and even went back and listened to all the audio shows from the very beginning. It felt like it was part of my life and it’s odd to suddenly feel like everything was a giant lie and not what it seemed.

I regret supporting them financially through Patreon and affiliate income through magic candle co.

I guess this is just me trying to process everything and feeling very deceived. It also makes me sad that this is so closely associated with something that I love so much - Disney World.
Over the last 4 years Disney has slowly been souring for me just with all the changes they have made. And this seems to be more ontop of that - overall ruining the feelings I had for Disney that I’ve built over a lifetime.

Disappointed for sure.

It was a live video he did last night called ‘let’s chat’ - it has been removed now

He said he would probably make it private not due to what he'd said but he felt it wasn't as succinct as it could have been and was a lot of rambling. He's going to do another and is also writing. He's still processing it all as everyone else is.

For those people angry at the other members of the team for not knowing or not doing anything, I would gently remind you that Pete was clearly a very abusive boss on multiple levels and they were all in a toxic work environment. I have seen him say awful and inappropriate things to team members on air, I can only imagine what he did and said off camera. The other website gives multiple examples of over-the-top things he said and did to his employees and how manipulative he was. All that really messes with your head. If you’ve ever had to navigate a relationship with an abuser that has power over you, you know it’s not as simple as calling them out or walking away.

I commend Sean and Dustin for speaking out and I’m so, so sorry for what they went through.

I thank Corey and Craig for making statements - that does mean a great deal.

And I give all the team members, past and present a great deal of grace to navigate this extremely turbulent time. I hope we never see Pete on on our screens in any capacity again, and I hope the DIS is able to be reborn without this toxic influence.
Well-said. I hope everyone can move past blaming the other team members at this point. I feel like the current fallout is an opportunity for all who were under Pete’s power and influence to finally become free of that and create something positive and non-toxic here, once and for all.

It does seem like some folks in equal positions of power with Pete might have known what type of person he was, and that continuing to remain in business with him was a liability (at minimum). They’re now paying the price for that, sadly. And even with that said, we have no idea how easily those folks could have untangled themselves from him before now business-wise.

My heart hurts for the victims in this mess, but I’m happy that things are out in the open so that the toxic environment that formerly existed can be demolished.

It appears that my original post on Patreon is being criticized by plenty of people including @Tonyz particularly, so let me clarify. Dustin and Pete brought me into this company as a freelancer in late 2012 before going part-time in 2013 and then full-time. When I say I found out about the allegations (Dustin's) the same way as others, it's because it's the absolute truth as Dustin has clearly stated. And I was truly shocked. The DIS was an abnormal place to work from day one and something like Pete and Dustin dating was presented to me as consensual and normal. There was plenty of fighting along the way that seemed like red flags to me, but I'm never going to be one to judge anyone's relationship. When Dustin chose to leave, I supported him doing what was best for him.

You can choose whether or not to believe me when I say I was not aware of what happened with Dustin before or during my time working with The DIS even with Dustin saying flat out we didn't know. You can choose to believe me or not when I tell you that John told me he knows Dreams needs a bigger presence on the show and that means he and Kevin returning but they need a new studio because the reality is it's impossible for Kevin to navigate into a narrow door and down a narrow hallway into an extra bedroom that was our studio.

Right now, I'm just trying to do my job to the best of my ability and I'm waiting to hear more the same way everyone else is.
Thank you for speaking up. I am sure you all are reeling way more than we are. I hope things get worked out in a way that is good for all of you. Please tell the rest of the team to hang in there. Brighter days are coming. Prayers for all of you!

Agree. And everyone who is criticizing the team for failure to act needs to think about how they themselves continued to watch or support when they knew something “was off”. Think about how criticism of Pete here was shut down. Think about the syncophantic threads about how Pete flaunting his wealth is fine because he “earned it”. Then think about how hard it would be to speak up when he had actual power over you, not just the ability to silence you online.

I don’t think for the most part anyone here blamed the team. Before Craig added his commentary, people were just reacting to the existing, little response we had that seemed shocked by the developments. That seemed a stretch given how outwardly toxic Pete appeared to be. People just didn’t want the next foot forward to also be deception. It ultimately caused Craig to respond which was awesome and served the bigger conversation. That’s why that counterpoint matters in the first place. Don’t get on people for expressing negative, yet fully valid views. That censorship is why this place sucked in the past.

I’ve been following all of this news for the last few days (reading through everything here and on TL/ comments) and disappointed is putting it lightly.

I feel terrible for all of the victims involved in this. I cannot express how sorry I am that they had to go through any of this and didn’t feel like there was a way out. Thank you for coming forward and sharing your stories.

I also feel duped - I have been following the DIS for almost 14 years. I’m a huge podcast fan and while I never really was into the boards, I felt like this community was part of my life for almost 14 years now. That’s a long time and at this point it feels tainted and ruined.

I found the podcast while I was driving my 1 hr each way commute to work everyday. I have listened to every episode and even went back and listened to all the audio shows from the very beginning. It felt like it was part of my life and it’s odd to suddenly feel like everything was a giant lie and not what it seemed.

I regret supporting them financially through Patreon and affiliate income through magic candle co.

I guess this is just me trying to process everything and feeling very deceived. It also makes me sad that this is so closely associated with something that I love so much - Disney World.
Over the last 4 years Disney has slowly been souring for me just with all the changes they have made. And this seems to be more ontop of that - overall ruining the feelings I had for Disney that I’ve built over a lifetime.

Disappointed for sure.
this was well put and generally how i feel as well

Ok, I'm totally out of the loop.
Would someone privately message me as to what's going on. Where did you read this ? or hear on a podcast(I don't describe to a podcast), where?.

Is this all about the New Studio??
I'm only picking up pieces of things that are not making sense. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter