Disappointed with Olivia's

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
We just returned from 9 days at OKW. In that 9 days, although we tried many times, we never got to eat at Olivia's. Sometimes mobile order would be temporarily down ("Olivia's is not taking mobile orders at this time") although Olivia's restaurant was open. And sometimes when we did get mobile order, items would be missing. I remember when you could walk in almost any time and get a good meal with good service.

We just met friends at Olivia's for breakfast yesterday. Pleasantly surprised. We were a table of 6 with a reservation.
I had chicken and sweet potato waffle with bacon/onion jam. Yummy. Our servers said it was a "weekend" special.
We rarely take time for a sit-down breakfast when we are going into the parks. We prefer the less crowded early hours in the park. But this was a special meet up and we really enjoyed Olivia's breakfast.

We've not done mobile order from there but had decent service and good food in November.

I do recall that service was noticeably less attentive than formerly. We figured pandemic-related and cut them slack for that.

We had a couple of uncustomary order errors from other restaurants previously reliable.

I might be inclined, had it been me, to regard this as stress resulting from possibly both the pandemic and (let's say) management peculiarities at WDW.

For example, we're anxiously waiting for documents on our recently purchased resale contract. At over a week past the typical maximum time, DH called the broker to inquire. Found out the person who processes and mails those has been out with covid.

I think everyone in service at WDW is likely scrambling to try to keep things going and sometimes failing. We haven't any way to know how desperate behind-scenes may be at any given time.

Did you just try to walk up? Usually they can seat you unless it's a holiday or something.

We just returned from 9 days at OKW. In that 9 days, although we tried many times, we never got to eat at Olivia's. Sometimes mobile order would be temporarily down ("Olivia's is not taking mobile orders at this time") although Olivia's restaurant was open. And sometimes when we did get mobile order, items would be missing. I remember when you could walk in almost any time and get a good meal with good service.
When mobile ordering is not available at a TS it usually indicates too many people have already ordered. This happened quite frequently to us at BWV w/Trattoria.

We did Olivia's mobile order twice during our trip last week, and it was wonderful as always for us. Southernmost buttermilk chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy - just can't beat it. And I love the convenience of to-go. We'd pick up our order and take it back to our villa at Wilderness Lodge.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment with Olivia's. Wonder if they were short staffed or as @kes601 mentioned, had too many orders (cannot accommodate that time frame to fill it up). Interesting.

We have never done a mobile order. We usually have at least one meal while staying at OKW and have never been disappointed.

I'm so glad to hear that so many people are still having such positive experiences at Olivia's. We must have been there at a bad time, and short staffing and/or "fill in" staff who weren't well trained, seem to have been an issue. Glad to hear that-we have reservations at OKW next year, and really hope to be able to revisit Olivia's at better times.

I have never eaten at Olivia's but plan to this coming January based on the positive reviews I have read over the years. I'm glad to see that others are still finding it to be a good place to eat. I'm very much looking forward to dining there.

We ate there a couple times in Sept for dinner, even without reservations, and were seated and our meals were fantastic. We will be back for two weeks in Dec and will defiantly eat there again.

Everybody gets a pass because of the pandemic. Well, except my creditors, my dues, and prices.
Lol

my family had a lovely stay @ OKW right before xmas. coming from the north, were especially fond of having breakfast ’to go’ Sitting on their OKW balcony.

They did find it amusing that various orders all seemed to have something missing...as in a side or full entree. They’d call & be told to stop back the next day and they’d take care of them & they did. A Groundhog Day sort of thing lol

it’s not if something is going to happen (especially with kitchen staffs operating on a skeleton crew) it’s how the vendor responds to it that makes all the difference IMO.

I'm sorry you had a less than desirable experience at Olivia's. While most of the meals I've had there have been excellent, there have also been a few misses, but it has been a while since I had a bad experience there. It was great during Thanksgiving week. But, every Disney restaurant I've been to over the years has had an off-day from time to time.

Parks are WAY over booked IMHO, I think it has a lot to do with so many traveling for first time since covid??? Olivia's used to be really good for breakfast. But we meal plan and bring food to cook. easy stuff or pre- made. Save hundreds of dollars, plus the food is good! LOL. The only food we buy in park is treats( junk)lol. I also pack bars, and bananas when we go to park for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter