• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISappearing Peeps...Vol. 3! All are Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm -3 pounds today.

apparently broken toes and stress are GREAT for weight loss. :rotfl2:

I just don't know what is wrong with me?? I eat right I walk everyday! I am so angry with myself! I just can't seem to get past the current weight I'm at!!

hang in there - it will come! i do agree with lauren though - walking is great but it's more of a weight maintenance thing unless you've got a lot to lose. resistance/weight training will get your metabolism kicking and of course will turn fat into muscle. now don't get discouraged if you see a slight gain when you start - muscle does weigh more than fat. but eventually you will see results because you'll be burning so many calories.

Soor I cut class lst week my dogs ate my diet!

:lmao:

I was doing fine with your story until I got to the highlighted part. Seriously, you just made a grown man cringe. Hope you're happy... :upsidedow

sorry 'bout that! :rolleyes1 i meant to tell you i'm gonna skip the easter challenge. life is just crazy for me right now and i think i'd probably crack under the pressure.

OK, I am frustrated!!! I know I've been sick this week so I haven't worked out since Monday night, but I've stuck to my plan as far as food goes. I wasn't expecting a big loss, or maybe even any loss, maybe even a small gain... According to my scale this morning I gained 3.2 lbs!!! I am hoping this is temporary - a product of my illness and maybe AF being on the way, but it's discouraging all the same. I may weigh in again tomorrow morning to see if it's any better, but I haven't decided yet. I was thinking I was doing great, and my Easter goal was both quite doable and would put me right where I want to be, but then this happens. I'm really tired of being sick too. I just want to feel normal so I can get back into a normal routine. I keep telling myself that I should feel better in a few days, and maybe this is water weight and next week it'll all be gone, but I'm still frustrated. Why is it that every time the scale goes in the wrong direction (even a little) I have this fear that I'm never going to reach my goal? Oh, maybe because I've never reached it and maintained it before? I really do know that this time is different. It's just tough when I have one of these weeks. I'm attempting to channel this negative energy into positive energy I will use to work very hard as soon as I feel better.

here's a picture of my toe from yesterday:

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll79/punkin1803/?action=view&current=DSC00611.jpg

today it's a little puffier and the actual toe is more purple. the very light bruise that you see on top of my foot has now spread down almost to my ankle. i had it X-rayed because of the crazy bruising (i've had broken toes before and they've never looked like that) and the doctor said i broke only my pinky toe, but that i broke it IN HALF. :eek: nice, huh?

You sound like me...not graceful AT ALL. That looks painful. Hopefully it will heal up soon. But what is required when you break a toe IN HALF????? :scared:

Morning Peeps -

I am not going to weigh in this week and hope for some good results next week. I think I just need to step away from the scale for a little while!

I feel the same. No scale, no challenge, no posting weight for a bit. I was up again this week (third week in a row!!!) and I am usually NEVER up. I'm always a samer. I gotta figure this stuff out. Gonna take my measurements again today to see if they are any different. I have all this candy at work, being a teacher, and I have to learn to KEEP MY HANDS OUT OF IT!!!!! Also, plan to walk as many days as I can; today, tomorrow, Sunday. Chad will walk with me when he is there, which is nice, but it is not a fast walk at all. I guess that is better than nothing , which is what I would do if he didnt walk with me when he is around. Ill just do my speed walking and strength training (weights, push ups, sit ups, leg lifts, butt lifts) when he isnt around. I am totally depressed about this. :sad2:

Why is it that every time the scale goes in the wrong direction (even a little) I have this fear that I'm never going to reach my goal? Oh, maybe because I've never reached it and maintained it before? I really do know that this time is different. It's just tough when I have one of these weeks. I'm attempting to channel this negative energy into positive energy I will use to work very hard as soon as I feel better.

I SO feel your pain! Don't let this get you down! You can persevere through this challenge and get past it and reach your goal. I know exactly how you feel about never having reached your goal and maintained before. I haven't been at goal weight since..... 1992!!!!! And I am closer today than I have been since then, and sometimes I wonder if I will EVER get there. I am, offically 15.4 pounds away as of today and it seems like my body want to cling to every stinking OUNCE! But even if I never lose another pound, I am definitely slimmer, healthier, and more fit than I was a year ago, so I have to remember how important that is.

Maybe this week you could add a new exercise to your routine.... or try something new for breakfast a few times. Sometimes changing things up really makes a difference. I also find that if I fluctuate my food intake from day to day it really seems to shake up my metabolism and helps.

Hang in there.... don't get discouraged. Maybe you should even skip the scales for a few weeks and just concentrate on inches?? Just some thoughts. ........................P

I SO feel your pain! Don't let this get you down! You can persevere through this challenge and get past it and reach your goal. I know exactly how you feel about never having reached your goal and maintained before. I haven't been at goal weight since..... 1992!!!!! And I am closer today than I have been since then, and sometimes I wonder if I will EVER get there. I am, offically 15.4 pounds away as of today and it seems like my body want to cling to every stinking OUNCE! But even if I never lose another pound, I am definitely slimmer, healthier, and more fit than I was a year ago, so I have to remember how important that is.

Maybe this week you could add a new exercise to your routine.... or try something new for breakfast a few times. Sometimes changing things up really makes a difference. I also find that if I fluctuate my food intake from day to day it really seems to shake up my metabolism and helps.

Hang in there.... don't get discouraged. Maybe you should even skip the scales for a few weeks and just concentrate on inches?? Just some thoughts. ........................P

Thank you! :) I actually feel a bit better having just vented here about it. Not to mention the fact that my cold medicine has kicked in now, so I'm feeling better physically. Amazing what that will do for you! I have to believe that this is a fluke because I haven't been able to work out, AF is on her way, and I've been drinking TONS of water this week. My system is just out of balance or something. I will be working extra hard once I get over this cold, and I was actually just going to add in some weight training this week, but those plans got derailed by the cold, so that'll be added next week, I'm sure.

Do you all realize that Easter is only 3 weeks and 2 days away? Maybe it should be a Memorial Day challenge instead. Or even a "May Day" challenge. I will join, no matter what you decide. If you do an Easter challenge, put me down for 4 pounds. If you decide on another date, I will change my goal. Thanks, no matter what is decided....................P
Last month, I got a lot of suggestions that shorter challenge periods were better because people could focus on them better. So we did a 4-week St Patrick's Day one, and now a 4-week Easter one. I just leave it up to a majority vote (or which ever side is more vocal) to decide. Anyway, I've got you marked down for four!

I guess I didn't post my weight last week and I'm not sure what it was from the week before, but I've lost all the weight I gained at WDW and I'm back on the road to overall weight loss. I'm -0.8 lbs combined loss for the last two weeks.

To those who are getting discouraged; I can totally understand and relate. I've been seeing a trainer for months and according to the scale at the gym, I've lost 2 lbs. A measly 2 lbs since the middle of Nov. I almost gave up because I was frustrated. But I am losing inches and my BMI is getting lower. This week was another hard week for me as it looked like I'd have to report a gain. However; I decided that what I'm gaining is far outweighing any weight I'm losing. This is a life long journey. Some weeks we'll be up and others we'll be down; that's weight, mood, finances, our relationships.......... anything. I only have one answer to the problem: doing the same things I used to do will not get me to my goal. That means I have to be willing to change what I'm doing, maybe mix it up a bit or get outside my comfort zone. I have to push myself somedays but in the end, I find it's worth it. I've been doing things I never thought I'd do and I'm proud of myself for doing it. So I'm asking you to look at what you've been doing and challenge yourself to do something different; just don't give up on yourself, you are much to important to be given up on.

Hi All,
I've been MIA to! So busy with work and with the kids it's been a hard week for me. So I get on the scale this morning thinking I was down. NO I am up +2.6!!!:headache:

I just don't know what is wrong with me?? I eat right I walk everyday! I am so angry with myself! I just can't seem to get past the current weight I'm at!!

Any encouragement would help! I'm begging guys! What am I doing wrong?

Aaron I think I to am going to pass on the Easter challenge, I need to recharge as well.

Have a great day everyone and thanks for letting me vent!
I'm with you exactly, so you have my sympathy. I do have to say that I was'nt 100% perfect this week (corned beef on Saturday, pizza last night, but just 2 pieces) but there is no way I was bad enough to warrant a 2.6 lb. gain. I've almost finished with the Nutrisystem food, and I am sick of it. I am ready to cook and plan for myself again. Starting tomorrow, I will write down everything I eat, whether it's part of the plan or not. That really seems to help me control what I put in my mouth.

I am a samer today

I tried Nutrisystem once..not a fan at all!!! I sent it back after 2 days it was bad enough being on a diet but then having to eat that food I really wanted to just end it.

I am a samer today

I tried Nutrisystem once..not a fan at all!!! I sent it back after 2 days it was bad enough being on a diet but then having to eat that food I really wanted to just end it.

L, I think I would wind up the same way with it. I have looked at it once or twice, and a friend at work had it for a while, and honestly it looks like it would all be like lean cuisine food. I don't *hate* lean cuisines but a diet of them 100% of the time would get really old, really fast.

Hi Noni!! :wave:

I think that I need to remove myself from the challenge. I wasn't on it for the last one and lost 12 lbs. As soon as I jump on it, I swear I gain. :laughing: I am going to weigh in a bit later today (I just got up), and see, so Aaron I will let you know.

Dawn, owwie on the toe.

Lynda, I feel your pain. I was so close to goal last year and then self-sabatoged my way back up... Here's to hoping that 2009 will be our year to get there and stay there. :hug:

EDIT: Okay, never mind. I was 179 even when I just weighed, which is a 2.6 lb loss from last week. Ignore the above comment!!

Hi All!
Thank you for all the words of advise.
So what did I do? I went and bought Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shread. I hope this works.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. It's 60 degrees here today and I've been cleaning like a mad women. It was so nice to open the widows and air out the house. I also took my doggie on a nice long walk.

Thanks again! :goodvibes You guys are the best!

I'm glad to see the Dis is back. I couldn't get on last night. It sure is trickly slow today, though.
I have been writing down everything for the last 2 days, like I said. Even the two candy cane jo-jos I ate while working on my taxes. i haven't finished the taxes yet, but at least I got started. By writing down what I eat, I know I at least won't finish the whole box of cookies.

Ok I did the Jillian Michael's 30 shred last night. And for only being a 20 minute work out I was sweating my tushy off! And I feel good today. I am going to try to do this every night this week and see if this makes a difference.

Have a great day everyone!! :goodvibes

Hello Peeps!

I've been lurking here and there. Weight loss... not so great. I come to you today because you guys keep me gounded and tell me honestly what I need to here.

The issue of the day....

DD ( baby now 2 months and really cute) has become STUPID, AGAIN.... Last I talked with you all- she had had the baby, didnt list FOB on birth certificate, was pretty much over him, he was with his other girlfriend who is expecting her baby any day now..... Fast forward 2 months time..... my DD misplaces her brain.... FOB has been coming around for the occasional visit and she has taken the baby to his job to see him.... during all of these visits, he has offered no financial help in anyway.... during the past 2 weeks.... DD has been crying, texting and crying and then one afternoon makes an announcement that she has to go and resolve a "conflict" and she hopes she doesnt have to kick a pregnant girl's booty (her bark is bigger than her bite).... Where we are now.... DD is meeting FOB for lunch - regularly (he never comes to get her... because he doesnt have a car), and she says they are "talking".... I asked about the other girl... and she says that "they broke up"

I just want to shake her senseless!!!! Doesnt she remember how he abandonded her when she was 16 weeks pregnant? Doesnt she remember the heartache she felt when she found out that the "other woman" was also pregnant? Doesnt she remember crying her eyes out when she realized that he got "other woman" pregnant while we were on vacation last summer? Doesnt she remember crying and then being biting mad when she figured out that the whole time he was "loving" her he was also "loving" the "other woman"?

I am biting my tongue. I dont know what else to do. I dont want to say that I hate FOB but I think I really do.... he is such a snake in the grass, he is a liar, and he is not the kind of man that I would hope for my daughter to marry.... but he is little Peyton's father and I have to be nice.... but I dont have to like him, right?

I know for the most part she is grown and I cant control her decisions. I just hate to see her setting herself and little Peyton to be hurt, again. How many times does she have to be hurt for it to sink in? Why cant she see what we all see?

So..... give me your words of wisdom....

today officially makes a week since i've worked out. no working out with a broken toe. i see a gain in my future.

sparkie - no words of wisdom - just a hug. :hug:

if i were you i would just remind her that she has someone else in her life now to think about and she needs to remember that. if he's treated her that way in the past, he will probably continue to do so and she shouldn't put the baby through having him in her life if he's not willing to be a real dad. remember that i don't have children of my own so my advice is coming from just common sense - not personal experience.

sounds like the guy needs to learn how to use protection or keep his you-know-what to himself.

good luck!

Chef Cat Cora and Disney will open a new family dining restaurant at Disney's BoardWalk. Kouzzina, (Greek for "kitchen" and pronounced "koo-zee-nah") will showcase Mediterranean cuisine. The restaurant, owned and operated by Disney, is scheduled to open by autumn in the space currently occupied by Spoodles. Cora said that the new restaurant will feature "time-honored recipes passed down from my ancestors, as well as my favorite Greek and Mediterranean dishes that my family loves." The first and only female Iron Chef on Food Network's hit show "Iron Chef America," Cora is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America in New York and is also Executive Chef for Bon Appetit magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter