Disappearing Cruise??

allaboutthemouse

DIS Veteran
Hello,
New to RC, was looking around on their site at cruises to Alaska. Found one I liked, now I can't find it anymore. Where did it go? Do they just take them off the website if they are sold out? It's not until August of 2019 on the Ovation, roundtrip from Seattle. And I know I did not imagine it because I took a screenshot of the breakdown of costs you can see right before booking to show my husband to say, take me on this cruise :) I'm looking at it right now. What happened to my cruise? lol :confused3

Interesting. It might be sold out, or it might be that your cookies are preventing you from seeing it?

Go to an online travel agent and see if you can pull up the cruise. If you see it, it's probably a cookie issue. You may want to talk to a TA anyway to see if they can give you incentives that RC doesn't offer.

They don’t take them off if sold out. They do that if the sailing is cancelled or fully chartered.

My goodness, the US Royal website is even worse than Disney, isn’t it???

They don’t show any alaska cruises in August 2019 and don’t indicate that ovation will be there at all.

I had to go to the UK site to find what might be it.

They show August dates of 2,9,16,23,and 30...

95899CC9-15F0-41BC-AC9A-4F1D23153BE2.jpeg

Don’t book through the UK site as there are different terms and conditions. But maybe this will help you figure it out and maybe call to book.

I know that cruise exists as we were at a Next Cruise talk on the Anthem last week and they talked a lot about it. I would call to get info. It is a round trip from Seattle on the Ovation.
Denise

They don’t take them off if sold out. They do that if the sailing is cancelled or fully chartered.

My goodness, the US Royal website is even worse than Disney, isn’t it???

They don’t show any alaska cruises in August 2019 and don’t indicate that ovation will be there at all.

I had to go to the UK site to find what might be it.

They show August dates of 2,9,16,23,and 30...

View attachment 297303

Don’t book through the UK site as there are different terms and conditions. But maybe this will help you figure it out and maybe call to book.

It's maddening because not only is their website still listing our cruise as Key West to Havana, but so is my newly revamped reservation. I contact them about it and they said it has to stay titled that way -- even though they are no longer going to Key West! Seems like false advertising to me.

We've had so many problems with our reservation -- more than any other line in 17 cruises -- that our Cuba cruise may be one and done for us with RCCL.

It's maddening because not only is their website still listing our cruise as Key West to Havana, but so is my newly revamped reservation. I contact them about it and they said it has to stay titled that way -- even though they are no longer going to Key West! Seems like false advertising to me.

We've had so many problems with our reservation -- more than any other line in 17 cruises -- that our Cuba cruise may be one and done for us with RCCL.

The Cuba cruises are on smaller older ships so it might very well happen that way. I personally like the ships starting at Vision size or bigger and really enjoy the cruise experience. I recommend just one more try. :)

When we were planning our Eastern there were different sailings bouncing from San Juan to another port. But when you looked online you couldn’t figure out which one you had. I stop at “maddening” and don’t go to “false advertising”, but can see how you might.

The Cuba cruises are on smaller older ships so it might very well happen that way. I personally like the ships starting at Vision size or bigger and really enjoy the cruise experience. I recommend just one more try. :)

When we were planning our Eastern there were different sailings bouncing from San Juan to another port. But when you looked online you couldn’t figure out which one you had. I stop at “maddening” and don’t go to “false advertising”, but can see how you might.

I agree. I wouldn't base your RCCL experience on this one cruise. I'm a big fan of RCCL, but I know that I wouldn't enjoy those small older ships.

Hello,
New to RC, was looking around on their site at cruises to Alaska. Found one I liked, now I can't find it anymore. Where did it go? Do they just take them off the website if they are sold out? It's not until August of 2019 on the Ovation, roundtrip from Seattle. And I know I did not imagine it because I took a screenshot of the breakdown of costs you can see right before booking to show my husband to say, take me on this cruise :) I'm looking at it right now. What happened to my cruise? lol :confused3

There's something weird going on today. I noticed a few ships that didn't show anything for August 2019. It's probably yet another IT glitch and they'll reappear shortly.

This being my first experience dealing with RCCL -- it has not been a good one. If I told you all the mistakes and ways they have messed up our reservation for this one sailing it would take a whole thread. I have never experienced such incompetence in 17 past cruises over 20 years by so many reps and supervisors as I have with RCCl. I just want to get this sailing over with. We are cancelling the one we had booked with them for Canada/New England as I'm just not ready to give them anymore money right now.

This being my first experience dealing with RCCL -- it has not been a good one. If I told you all the mistakes and ways they have messed up our reservation for this one sailing it would take a whole thread. I have never experienced such incompetence in 17 past cruises over 20 years by so many reps and supervisors as I have with RCCl. I just want to get this sailing over with. We are cancelling the one we had booked with them for Canada/New England as I'm just not ready to give them anymore money right now.

Sorry to hear that! We love Royal!

This actually makes me so excited to see one of royals new ships heading to the west coast!

If I told you all the mistakes and ways they have messed up our reservation for this one sailing it would take a whole thread.

I'm on cruisecritic. I know how idiotic their IT has been the last few-ish years. I'm lucky in that I haven't been hit by it, but I know I'm just lucky. Thankfully the cruises themselves help to make up for it, and since many of this issues that hit aren't "true" (like when you look at your cruise online and then it looks like it's repriced itself...that's easily worked out), I try to let it all wash over me.

The only actual real problem I've had on a cruise is the Adventure beverage manager having utterly STUPID policies for the coffee drink card. One or two other ships have it (they mark off two for each *shot* of espresso, which makes NO sense whatsoever for the customer to buy the card), too. All the other beverage managers just do one check per *drink*.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter