DISApalooza 2015 Official Information Thread

My mother, sisters, and I are so excited! We make Disapalooza a girls trip tradition! Hogsmeade was amazing! I made tentative reservations at Disney, but now we are considering concentrating on Universal and adding MVMCP on Sunday night.

We used the shuttle service offered by Dreams in the past. Very reasonable and convenient for those staying on Disney property. There were different resort locations available. We were able to reserve a Contemporary pick up after our California Grill dinner. Dreams really do a fantastic job coordinating an event of this size. Kudos, John!

Can someone please either describe these rides to me, or just include a link that describes them, and maybe with photos? Thanks SO Much !

Everything you may be looking for I did see in the Disapalooza link in the original post that explains the event. It had some nice descriptions of everything going on.

So exciting! My best friend and I plan on being in attendance and am looking forward to seeing everyone!

I would love it if there is going to be a hotel deal! Can I beg for it to be Cabana Bay? It's Kevin's favorite after all! :) That's where we'll be regardless since I love that resort!

I can't wait for this! We were thinking of coming down around then anyway and this just made the decision.

I'm definitely looking forward to Disapalooza. I am going to break tradition of the past 7 years of going to Disney Only and actually staying at Universal for the first two or three nights and than moving over to Disney for the rest of my trip. All I need to do is price out the trip to make certain it is do able.

Now a quick question. Will there be a Podcast taping on Sunday as traditional or is that going by the wind?

Till then,

Sikandar "Alex" Durrani

DISApaloosa sounds wonderful ! Now I do have some questions. The last time I was at Universal they still had JAWS, Earthquake, and King Kong. So .... it was some time ago. I have not read the Harry Potter books, nor seen the movies. BUT .... I sure am curious about Harry Potter at Universal. Am I understanding this correctly that Diagon Alley is not a ride, but a themed area of shops and restaurants ??? And Escape from Gringotts and Hogwarts Express are both rides - correct ?? I am trying to find a really good description of these rides, you know, if they are fast, or spinning, or bone jarring, and all that. Can someone please either describe these rides to me, or just include a link that describes them, and maybe with photos? Thanks SO Much !

Claudia, the Universal Podcast team has everything you ever wanted to know about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at the parks. This link will take you to the Universal area of the WDWinfo website.

http://universal.wdwinfo.com/universal-studios-florida/wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-diagon-alley/

How will the shuttle work? Will it pick up at all the different hotels? I would be staying at SSR if I go.

Sounds exciting!

but it's a day before we get into Orlando from Australia :(

never been to Universal Florida and have always wanted to see Harry Potter there...would have been perfect

What an AMAZING party this is going to be
you don't want to miss it people

thanks to The DIS & Dreams Unlimited for hosting and putting together such events. They are allot of work and it's nice to see you care about all the "fans" out there

So I'm in for this, too, although I'm not "officially" signed up yet because I don't know what my address will be yet when the credentials go out. But I plan to sign up soon!

Sayhello

I came across the DIS a few weeks a go and ever since I can't get enough of the reviews and different points of view from the cast! I'm excited to say that I will be at the event on Dec 5th. Just booked a weekend stay through DVC and I'm super excited! Can't wait to meet the DIS crew and many other fans of the show!

Should be an interesting night. Val & I aren't big Universal fans (in fact, we don't go there at all) so this is a rare opportunity for us to see the park.

Can't wait....I've put the first movie in my Netflix queue so that I will better understand what we are experiencing. We experienced Hogwart's in 2014, and even though I had never read the books or seen the movies I still could understand it and was blown away by the level of technology. For this phase, I want to be able to recognize what I am seeing.

Chris

Does this event normally sell out? Just wondering if I need to make arrangements to sign up when registration opens at 8:00am.
Thanks,

Does this event normally sell out? Just wondering if I need to make arrangements to sign up when registration opens at 8:00am.
Thanks,
When they discussed this I believe they said it wasn't going to be the kind of thing where you have to rush to sign up. With the whole "land" reserved just for us there should be room for quite a large group.

I'll get my ticket ASAP. But DS Erik starts a new job Monday, and won't know for a while if he can get time off.
I'm still deciding if I want to get tickets for DH Paul and DS Cedric. DH just goes along to humor me, not because he's a DISer.

This sounds like a great night!
Can't wait to sign up will be our first time going to something like this:yay::dogdance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter