Disabled parking in the evenings

London_Kelly

Earning My Ears
I am due to visit in the next few days with my father who has a disabled parking badge and will be using a mobility scooter, which we will be hiring locally. We have 14 day passes, so on some days were planning to go to the parks just for the evening.

Does anyone know what the disabled parking situation is likely to be like later in the day? Are there likely to still be spaces available, or would we end up in the main parking lot?

Thanks in advance

They have an over flow for disability parking. I would guess thst is where you would have to park.

I am due to visit in the next few days with my father who has a disabled parking badge and will be using a mobility scooter, which we will be hiring locally. We have 14 day passes, so on some days were planning to go to the parks just for the evening.

Does anyone know what the disabled parking situation is likely to be like later in the day? Are there likely to still be spaces available, or would we end up in the main parking lot?

Thanks in advance
It’s hard to say if there will be any actual Handicapped parking spots available. Those are the spots with either a Handicapped parking sign or blue painted lines that have extra space for loading/unloading.
Whether they are full is going to depend on how many people used them during the day and how many have left before you arrive.

If those ‘blue line’ spots are filled, you will be directed to the Medical Parking Overflow, located nearby. Those are ‘regular’ spots and don’t have extra space. We often need to park in them because the blue spots are filled when we arrive. It’s a bit of a hassle for us because we need space to take our daughter’s wheelchair out and park it close to the door so we can lift her in. If you have the scooter in the back of the vehicle and your father can walk to get on it, you won’t have an issue.

Factors include what park, what day of the week, and what time of year.

I would say it’s highly unlikely that you woild be directed to general parking, except on very busy days.

As others have said, there are a lot of factors involved. One thing I have noticed and feel like it should be pointed out is that sometimes in the late afternoon/early evening or if it is storming they don’t have a cast member directing traffic (there’s a split after the toll booths where they direct to preferred/regular/disabled parking lots). I’ve noticed that when the cast member isn’t there the majority of people will drive straight into the handicap/medical overflow parking lot so you might want to keep that in mind. If you drive around the handicap lot you may come across a spot or someone leaving. If not, the medical overflow lot is across the way from the handicap parking and there’s usually lots of parking spaces in there. I have yet to be directed to park outside that lot and I’m there at least once a week. Hope that helps!

we have arrived mid day & occasionaly can find a handicap spot, but rarely is it an easy task I would just plan like nothing available if staying on property wdw transportation will accomadate scooter if there is room on vehicle

Worse to worse you can drop your dad closer to the entrance and then park wherever you can. He'll have to wait for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter