Disability pass questions

jennpanda

Earning My Ears
Hi, I created an account just to ask this question.

I have a couple disabilities that qualified me in Disneyland California for a disability pass. They are invisible disabilities (You cannot tell I have them looking at me.) and I do not have any government pass or card. I do have documentation from a diagnosis made by a doctor for one of the disabilities. I didn't think to get documentation for the other disability. I am in America and I didn't want government assistance, nor do I think I can qualify for it since I work so I don't have much documentation for my disabilities. I was not sure what to do for Tokyo Disney since it is not America.

Do they need documentation since I do not look like I have a disability? I only had to describe what I had to Disney staff in California.

I will be using a wheelchair this time around. I didn't in Cali, but I couldn't make it the entire day and my husband says he prefers if I use one since I'm in pain at the end of the day. I'm not sure if that will make my case more legit.

See here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/questions-about-tdr-regarding-das-and-scooter.3744171/

In short, you are not eligible for the full disability pass without official (governmental) proof of disability. There is no more or less legit - there is only legit or not. Notes are irrelevant because anyone can write them. This is not the US & they can and will ask for proof.

They might give you a modified pass, in which case your husband would need to go through the regular line while you wait in another location. However, if you don’t look like you have a disability, they may not accept that you have one & may not grant even the modified pass.

In short, you are not eligible for the full disability pass without official (governmental) proof of disability. There is no more or less legit - there is only legit or not. Notes are irrelevant because anyone can write them. This is not the US & they can and will ask for proof.

They might give you a modified pass, in which case your husband would need to go through the regular line while you wait in another location. However, if you don’t look like you have a disability, they may not accept that you have one & may not grant even the modified pass.

OK, that is good to know. Here, the government doesn't give out a card or proof of disability unless you're being given social security for it. Otherwise, it is private practices that give proof of disability. And since I work they would not issue it. Hence documentation from the doctor. It is not a note, but a medical evaluation from a facility.

I will probably use a wheelchair only then with the modified pass. I cannot go on rides other than kid rides anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!