Dis Unplugged Podcast fan joining the boards!

flipflops4ever

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! :wave2:

I've been listening to the Dis Unplugged Podcast (mostly WDW edition) for several years and thought I'd finally join the boards! So hello!

I'm currently a stay-at-home mom of 2, but I'm also working on my accounting degree so that when my youngest (who is now 3) starts school I can hopefully go back to work. (I've been home with the kids for over 10 years, so thought I'd better brush up on my skills :badpc:).

I wasn't introduced to Walt Disney World until I was 21, when DH suggested taking a vacation there (he had gone often as a child). I was hesitant because I don't enjoy thrill rides so I had never found a ton to due at "amusement" parks before. I was completely blown away by our experience at Disney and have been obsessed ever since. DH and I were at one time DVC members; however, we decided to sell our membership when we wanted to move into a better school district after our first child was born. Even without DVC, we've enjoyed many, many WDW visits and I am always reading everything I can get my hands on about WDW and planning future trips in my head. I think I'll fit right in here :woohoo:.

-Sara

Hi! I listen to the Dis Unplugged Disneyland edition. My brother introduced me to it a few months back and I am hooked. Then I kept hearing mentions of the Dis boards and finally took the time to see what it is all about. That is great you are working on your accounting degree. I am a mom of three and am just finishing up nursing school. So I know it can be hard balancing school and kids. Keep going and good luck!

Hi! I listen to the Dis Unplugged Disneyland edition. My brother introduced me to it a few months back and I am hooked. Then I kept hearing mentions of the Dis boards and finally took the time to see what it is all about. That is great you are working on your accounting degree. I am a mom of three and am just finishing up nursing school. So I know it can be hard balancing school and kids. Keep going and good luck!

Hello!! I plan on starting to listen to the Disneyland podcast soon...I've only ever been to WDW, but we're planning on my first trip to Disneyland in summer of 2016, and I'm so excited!

It must feel great to be close to finishing your nursing degree, especially getting it done with 3 kids! Thanks for the encouragement, it can be tricky but I'm very excited to be furthering my education. Thanks for the warm welcome! :wave2:

You are welcome! :) The disneyland podcast is awesome! Especially if you like disney history. Michael does some great segments on that. You will have to do a comparisson of the two parks after your disneyland trip. I don't know if I could go to WDW. I think I would miss disneyland too much. Lol.

You are welcome! :) The disneyland podcast is awesome! Especially if you like disney history. Michael does some great segments on that. You will have to do a comparisson of the two parks after your disneyland trip. I don't know if I could go to WDW. I think I would miss disneyland too much. Lol.

Lol! I know what you mean, and it's funny because I used to have no desire to visit Disneyland; I always thought I would be disappointed because it's much smaller than WDW. It was only after listening to several of the WDW podcasts where they talk about Disneyland that I started to want to go. The fact that Disneyland is smaller is actually a huge draw for me now. Once DH and I had children and we started touring WDW as a family, the sheer vastness of it can be so exhausting with kids in tow; especially all of the different forms of transportation required to get to the front gates of a park. And we take our trips in the summer due to school, so the heat and the rain can be too much.

From the podcasts I learned just how walkable everything is at Disneyland, and that is incredibly appealing to me. Add to that the fact that our son will be 4 next year and is about the biggest Cars fan around, and I just can't wait to experience it. I've always wanted to visit California, so we'll be staying awhile and going to the San Diego Zoo and a bunch of other places, too. I have a lot of planning to do, but I can't wait! :woohoo:

That is so funny you had the same feeling about going to a different park. I get overwhelmed just thinking about WDW and would not even know where to start! Lol. I think you be very surprised how easily you can park hop at Disneyland. You son will love Car's Land! It is such a great addition. San Diego is also a great place to visit. The zoo is awesome! I have been to other zoos, but so far San Diego Zoo is the best. Do you and your family like Italian food? If so, there is a delicious Italian restaurant in Little Italy you should try. It is called Filippi'S Pizza Grotto. If you have any questions about disneyland or San Diego, don't hesitate to ask!

That is so funny you had the same feeling about going to a different park. I get overwhelmed just thinking about WDW and would not even know where to start! Lol. I think you be very surprised how easily you can park hop at Disneyland. You son will love Car's Land! It is such a great addition. San Diego is also a great place to visit. The zoo is awesome! I have been to other zoos, but so far San Diego Zoo is the best. Do you and your family like Italian food? If so, there is a delicious Italian restaurant in Little Italy you should try. It is called Filippi'S Pizza Grotto. If you have any questions about disneyland or San Diego, don't hesitate to ask!

We love Italian food, thanks for the tip! I'm adding it to my planning folder. :thumbsup2

th

Hi everyone! :wave2:

I've been listening to the Dis Unplugged Podcast (mostly WDW edition) for several years and thought I'd finally join the boards! So hello!

I'm currently a stay-at-home mom of 2, but I'm also working on my accounting degree so that when my youngest (who is now 3) starts school I can hopefully go back to work. (I've been home with the kids for over 10 years, so thought I'd better brush up on my skills :badpc:).

I wasn't introduced to Walt Disney World until I was 21, when DH suggested taking a vacation there (he had gone often as a child). I was hesitant because I don't enjoy thrill rides so I had never found a ton to due at "amusement" parks before. I was completely blown away by our experience at Disney and have been obsessed ever since. DH and I were at one time DVC members; however, we decided to sell our membership when we wanted to move into a better school district after our first child was born. Even without DVC, we've enjoyed many, many WDW visits and I am always reading everything I can get my hands on about WDW and planning future trips in my head. I think I'll fit right in here :woohoo:.

-Sara
Hi, I am listening to some housekeeping right now..love the unplugged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter