DIS Unlimited Podcast Disney Virtual Roundtable Discussion Episode #1

There are some new revelations but references to her posts are being censored here. If the DIS moderators do remove posts they will have to face scrutiny later on that they are covering up some very toxic behavior. So in their best interests, they should let the posts stand.
Exactly. Why are they even still doing this? The cat’s already out of the bag, so to speak. (Redacted) isn’t even a presence anymore, supposedly, so let folks talk about it.

Exactly. Why are they even still doing this? The cat’s already out of the bag, so to speak. (Redacted) isn’t even a presence anymore, supposedly, so let folks talk about it.
I wonder whether the issue is that the recent posts on the other forum are suggesting a varying degree of culpability, albeit by silence or inaction, of all bystander partners, employees, colleagues who work(ed) with P; webmasters, vloggers et al, and indeed subscribers to this forum. That’s possibly a hard pill for some to swallow.
Personally, I haven’t walked away, but I log in and engage far less; and I doubt if I am the only one taking this path.

I wonder whether the issue is that the recent posts on the other forum are suggesting a varying degree of culpability, albeit by silence or inaction, of all bystander partners, employees, colleagues who work(ed) with P; webmasters, vloggers et al, and indeed subscribers to this forum. That’s possibly a hard pill for some to swallow.
Personally, I haven’t walked away, but I log in and engage far less; and I doubt if I am the only one taking this path.
The new focus appears to be on one or two others still in charge who have brushed things under the carpet since P left. But there are also some people like Craig who are coming across as very likeable & kind but who had no power. I'm sure they wrestled with what they saw and what to do about it. But to question P was seen as a challenge to his authority and you would suffer terribly if you tried it. He could be an ogre.

Last edited:
The new focus appears to be on one or two others still in charge who have brushed things under the carpet since P left. But there are also some people like Craig who are coming across as very likeable & kind but who had no power. I'm sure they wrestled with what they saw and what to do about it. But to question P was seen as a challenge to his authority and you would suffer terribly if you tried it. He could be an ogre.

If you are referring to me, then I've made my statements countless times here, in various threads and posts. Other than telling my complete side of the story dating back to 2001, there is nothing else I can say. I hope that day comes soon, though.

If you are referring to me, then I've made my statements countless times here, in various threads and posts. Other than telling my complete side of the story dating back to 2001, there is nothing else I can say. I hope that day comes soon, though.
We hope so too, Corey. I'm disappointed, this hasn't even been addressed in any concrete way on the show. The statements have been mysterious at best, especially to listeners who have not been reading online. You come across as genuine. But the other gentlemen, who must have known what was going on, should have done better, and have a lot to answer for, in my opinion.

No not you Corey, I think your hands were tied & from what I'm reading you did your best to be supportive.

Hindsight is an amazing thing!

3 months in - How do we feel it's going? Here are my thoughts no one is asking for....

-I give kudos to the existing team for getting back to it after a difficult situation and trying to keep the content coming.

-I am disappointed by the lack of investment by leadership, in terms of a studio, new/talent or collaborators, and new ideas. This seems to have alienated the audience both on YT and Patreon.

-I am not in the camp of stopping the Tuesday show as some are - but it sorely needs an injection of life. IMO a new host would be the most obvious way to go, to avoid the feel of this another week in which the main host is away (only he aint comin' back).

I'm sure there is an ongoing discussion of these matters internally and I don't like being critical, but I think the audience should give feedback to leadership if they want to see improvements.

Investment in a studio is one thing. Paying $4K+ for a studio isn't. That's what rent costs in Central FL for around 1,200 sq ft, plus Triple net. They would use the studio for at most, 5 hours a week, if that much. And don't forget, even though some of us watch the Youtube stream there are a whole lot of others who listen to the audio podcast and have never watched the video version. To these people the lack of a studio is perfectly acceptable.

As for the on air talent, I can take it or leave it. It will be a rare host who will generate the same energy that PW brought.

I do wonder if there are existing studios, with the necessary infrastructure, in O-town that allows for a weekly time-share of sorts.

I do wonder if there are existing studios, with the necessary infrastructure, in O-town that allows for a weekly time-share of sorts.
I'm sure there are, you can find them all over the country from $100-500/hour depending how professional the setup is. They could also convert a room in a house/garage/basement to look like a professional studio. Tons of videos on youtube on how to do it and channels with half the subscriber count the Dis has build these out all the time. It's really not that hard to do, it's just making the investments into the cameras, lighting, decor, etc.

3 months in - How do we feel it's going? Here are my thoughts no one is asking for....

-I give kudos to the existing team for getting back to it after a difficult situation and trying to keep the content coming.

-I am disappointed by the lack of investment by leadership, in terms of a studio, new/talent or collaborators, and new ideas. This seems to have alienated the audience both on YT and Patreon.

-I am not in the camp of stopping the Tuesday show as some are - but it sorely needs an injection of life. IMO a new host would be the most obvious way to go, to avoid the feel of this another week in which the main host is away (only he aint comin' back).

I'm sure there is an ongoing discussion of these matters internally and I don't like being critical, but I think the audience should give feedback to leadership if they want to see improvements.
Tune in tomorrow.

What I find the most distressing about this channel is the lack of flow in their videos. Long awkward pauses. Craig trying / failing to be funny. Ryno sometimes acting like he doesn't want to be there. Theresa preoccupied with her phone. It all fails to gel. I just finished watching the most recently DVC Fan video and that crew is spectacular. No studio, all zoom, and yet the episodes are very enjoyable to watch. Paul does a great job hosting and keeping the show moving. Hate to say, but as much as Pete annoyed me, he made the show interesting to watch.

What I find the most distressing about this channel is the lack of flow in their videos. Long awkward pauses. Craig trying / failing to be funny. Ryno sometimes acting like he doesn't want to be there. Theresa preoccupied with her phone. It all fails to gel. I just finished watching the most recently DVC Fan video and that crew is spectacular. No studio, all zoom, and yet the episodes are very enjoyable to watch. Paul does a great job hosting and keeping the show moving. Hate to say, but as much as Pete annoyed me, he made the show interesting to watch.
We welcome feedback. The team has never faced more criticism and attacks, especially since Pete left. Many expect us to pack our bags and shut the entire operation down. However, we are stronger than that and still struggle with a fallout you can't imagine. We acknowledge that the show is currently out of its element. A virtual show was not our first choice, but if we had continued to broadcast from Pete's house, what would the reaction have been? It's easy for outsiders to suggest finding a rent-a-studio as if we haven’t tried. Craig has done a phenomenal job within the limitations he faced. We are not the DVC show. It originated under our umbrella and transitioned to a virtual format much earlier due to their unfortunate circumstances, preventing them from recording at Pete's house. It’s not a flip of a switch. I wish it were. Stay tuned.

We welcome feedback. The team has never faced more criticism and attacks, especially since Pete left. Many expect us to pack our bags and shut the entire operation down. However, we are stronger than that and still struggle with a fallout you can't imagine. We acknowledge that the show is currently out of its element. A virtual show was not our first choice, but if we had continued to broadcast from Pete's house, what would the reaction have been? It's easy for outsiders to suggest finding a rent-a-studio as if we haven’t tried. Craig has done a phenomenal job within the limitations he faced. We are not the DVC show. It originated under our umbrella and transitioned to a virtual format much earlier due to their unfortunate circumstances, preventing them from recording at Pete's house. It’s not a flip of a switch. I wish it were. Stay tuned.

Appreciate you getting on here and responding. While I agree that the show isn't the same and doesn't have the same flow as before, the channel overall does feel lighter/ less stressed out (different in a good way).

My family (2 adults 3 kids under 7) goes to WDW basically every other year, I think we're not as frequent visitors as many in the audience but we do watch nearly every show the DIS puts out. It's more of an escape for us to see what's happening in the parks and we enjoy the interaction of the different members of the panel. While I'm sure the rants got plenty of views and generated discussion and all, the negativity in the past sometimes weighed down the show. As a consumer of Disney vacations it sometimes felt like "Everything is terrible! There are cabanas in future world! DVC is struggling with COVID! Stay out of the Da** Lake! Everything is Overpriced!!! Book your vacation now!" In retrospect it seemed like the panel was walking on eggshells at certain points and the negativity actually did make us pause a little bit to pull the trigger and book our vacation at one point.

I know it's hard to strike the balance of giving honest feedback without just blowing smoke and trying to hard sell people, but the new show seems to naturally highlight a lot of best of Disney just because the personalities on the show seem to be more pleasant/ optimistic/ glass half full kind of people. While there doesn't need to be a focus around alcohol the fact that Craig and Ryno can have a beer during the dining show is a good addition without making it a big deal. I know I'm not the most seasoned Disney-goer, but a back to basics, trip planning focused segment would be a welcome addition for me. Trip planning feels even more complicated than its ever been and with the new show branding maybe it'd be a good time to focus on the core product. If you were a family from XYZ city with ABC budget and 123 time to vacation during such and such time of year- how would you do it? These are the choices that can be difficult (overwhelming, hard to tell the difference between options, tons of insider jargon, process feels like its constantly changing, et cetera) and the audience looks to you guys for help navigating all those options.

The experience of going to Disney is supposed to be fun, entertaining, light hearted or even silly at times and I think the show moving in that direction would be a good thing. Thanks for all you do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter