DIS Shareholders and Stock Info ONLY

So when does Disney become a no brainier buy? It is now right around it's pandemic low, when the world and most of their divisions were shut down. If it's long term money (5-10 years) I would think we would see an average to above average return.

So when does Disney become a no brainier buy? It is now right around it's pandemic low, when the world and most of their divisions were shut down. If it's long term money (5-10 years) I would think we would see an average to above average return.
It is really really tough to not buy right now.

Still over a month before the Fed announces GDP. When they announce a recession along with 40yr high inflation tacked on, how will stock market respond? Obv, a lot of this current move downward is baking in this expected announcement.

Young retail investors are hooked on equities as they have never seen a bear market or recession and think they are a license to print money. lol

And then there's this...

https://wmleader.com/business/48467...re-to-all-its-theme-parks-at-110k-per-person/

Disney touts ‘bucket list’ adventure to all its theme parks — at $110K per person
June 15, 2022 by Raymond Hicks

The Walt Disney Company is offering 75 patrons an opportunity to travel via private jet to all 12 of its theme parks worldwide for a “bucket list adventure.”

The price tag: $110,000 per person. There is no discount for children.

Disney, which is marketing the 24-day trip as “Disney Parks Around the World: A Private Jet Adventure,” says that the package includes hotel and most meals.

The trip is scheduled to leave from Anaheim, Calif., on July 9, 2023, with bookings starting next week. However, the $110,000 per person cost does not include airfare to Southern California.

Travelers will be flown to Disney theme parks in Florida, California, Japan, China, Hong Kong and France on a “VIP-configured” Boeing 757 operated by Icelandair — which is capable of flying nonstop over long distances. The aircraft’s crew will include a chef, a physician and three staff members.

The trip includes stops at the Taj Mahal in India, the pyramids of Giza in Egypt, and the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

Deep-pocketed fanatics will also be treated to an event at the Lucasfilm Campus in San Francisco as well as Walt Disney Studios in Hollywood, Calif.

I sure wish the board would see fit to reinstate the dividend. In my case they would get it back pretty quick.

Ask me again in a year and I'll be able to tell you if your decision was a good one. :eeyore:

I'm reminded of the famous Will Rogers quote on how to pick stocks: "Don't gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it. If it don't go up, don't buy it."

And then there's this...

https://wmleader.com/business/48467...re-to-all-its-theme-parks-at-110k-per-person/

Disney touts ‘bucket list’ adventure to all its theme parks — at $110K per person
June 15, 2022 by Raymond Hicks

The Walt Disney Company is offering 75 patrons an opportunity to travel via private jet to all 12 of its theme parks worldwide for a “bucket list adventure.”

The price tag: $110,000 per person. There is no discount for children.

Disney, which is marketing the 24-day trip as “Disney Parks Around the World: A Private Jet Adventure,” says that the package includes hotel and most meals.

The trip is scheduled to leave from Anaheim, Calif., on July 9, 2023, with bookings starting next week. However, the $110,000 per person cost does not include airfare to Southern California.

Travelers will be flown to Disney theme parks in Florida, California, Japan, China, Hong Kong and France on a “VIP-configured” Boeing 757 operated by Icelandair — which is capable of flying nonstop over long distances. The aircraft’s crew will include a chef, a physician and three staff members.

The trip includes stops at the Taj Mahal in India, the pyramids of Giza in Egypt, and the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

Deep-pocketed fanatics will also be treated to an event at the Lucasfilm Campus in San Francisco as well as Walt Disney Studios in Hollywood, Calif.
I was just about to post that one! With the market and bitcoin crash, who's left to spend that kind of cash??

Pretty sure Chapek said similar about WDW and DL at last earnings call.
He did but that was prior to inflation and gas prices really running wild so this is just newer news that shows demand is remaining high while things like gas prices soar.

You would be surprised ...
I'm sure there are those that can afford it. The question would be is this something they would be interested in? Right now even though Disney is expensive their product doesn't cater to the 1%.

I was just about to post that one! With the market and bitcoin crash, who's left to spend that kind of cash??
Despite the market crash there are many, many people who can spend that kind of cash.
I'm sure there are those that can afford it. The question would be is this something they would be interested in? Right now even though Disney is expensive their product doesn't cater to the 1%.
Agree. But I wonder of the target audience how many of them haven't already done this kind of grand tour.

I'm nowhere near that class of people but I've been fortunate enough to already have done ~75% of this trip.

Despite the market crash there are many, many people who can spend that kind of cash.

Agree. But I wonder of the target audience how many of them haven't already done this kind of grand tour.

I'm nowhere near that class of people but I've been fortunate enough to already have done ~75% of this trip.
Listening to the Dis Unplugged this week Pete made a good point about that trip. The dining experiences at Disney aren't up to par for that clientele.

A part from that Ryno said the most unfortunate part of all the changes is who they are marketing to now. At one point they wanted the family of 4. Now they are more interested in the 1%

Listening to the Dis Unplugged this week Pete made a good point about that trip. The dining experiences at Disney aren't up to par for that clientele.

A part from that Ryno said the most unfortunate part of all the changes is who they are marketing to now. At one point they wanted the family of 4. Now they are more interested in the 1%
I think that's a huge stretch to suggest marketing has shifted to the 1%. Further, I am not sure the dining experiences are the headline for this trip ... but, I am pretty sure a 1%'er has eaten a hamburger or a hot dog from time to time :)

Which is odd considering even the Grand wasn't a 1% hotel so much so that they had to get into a deal with the 4 seasons. I'd be curious how that hotel has done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter