Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Our DD is doing great and is no longer going to need a transplant so she's off the list.

That's great news Angela!

I was diagnosed with thrombocytopenia, which is a very low platelet count....mine is due to my antibodies attacking my platelets. I have to go through a series of IV immunotherapy for the next 4 weeks. I'm also on a very high dose of steriods.

Yikes kimmar! Stay safe and take care of yourself!

Nothing new here. Same old maladies same ole drugs.

We're still hanging in there. My old fogie memory is fading fast. Our DD is doing great and is no longer going to need a transplant so she's off the list. Woo hoo! I'm not looking forward to when she'll head back to Oregon to live it's been so nice having her around here.

That's amazing news about your DD!! Does she have to head back to Oregon? Couldn't she stay with you....or is most of the family over there?

I was diagnosed with thrombocytopenia, which is a very low platelet count....mine is due to my antibodies attacking my platelets. I have to go through a series of IV immunotherapy for the next 4 weeks. I'm also on a very high dose of steriods.

Oh no!!!

Keep well. Let us know how you are going.

Azaleas in my garden. This one bush was really pretty this year.

210912 Blossoms-7.jpg

With luck, I'll be picking cherries before Christmas!

210912 Blossoms-5.jpg

That's amazing news about your DD!! Does she have to head back to Oregon? Couldn't she stay with you....or is most of the family over there?
She's welcome to stay here, but she wants to go back to her boyfriend.🤮 i keep hoping she'll change her mind.🤞

Having lived in West Germany for a couple of years, my mom picked up the saying "Mox nix". I still say it every so often, just to get "that" look from people.

Howdy! How's it going down under?

Not bad.

We are at 70% double vaccination rates for ages 16+. So, Melbourne has come out of lockdown for restaurants, cafes and hairdressers etc. At those levels, there will be no more lockdown for us. It's now a matter of working out how to live with Covid.
Retail shops will open when we hit 80%. That's expected to be next week.

I'm also in between jobs right now. My last manager was super old school. A month ago, we had a one on one meeting. He told me I was frustrating and I should do what I'm told to do. Um........all I was doing was calling out an issue that he created and the two-up manager agreed with me. That was the trigger for me.
He also refused to assign me to a large project that I wanted to work on. The project sponsor wanted me, the two up manager told him to assign me....but he went out to get a contractor in to take on the project. It felt a lot like punishment.
So...with a manager that was old school, and work that I didn't want to do, I got a new job in a new company. I finished up the old role on Friday.

I start the new role in early November. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my time off.

Last edited:
Good for you PIO, life's too short to stay working in a situation like that. Enjoy you freedom until your new adventure starts.

It's good to hear things are loosening up in Melbourne, you've been locked down worst then us and I'm already done with it. Time to live our lives again, it's not like the virus is going away.

That's what I figured. I'm on a 5 year countdown (for real) this time. With lockdown and the pandemic, the job market in Melbourne is super hot right now. It may change in 3 months; but finding another job was super easy. :)

There are tons of places hiring here too. A five year countdown sounds good, time will fly by before you know it.

We heading to the Big Island and Oahu next Friday. Spend a couple nights to explore Volcano NP and then to Aulani.

My bank account is saying I have too many that have been pushed out and stacked up in 2021 and 2022. I'll be lucky to get one trip in 2023. The joys of retirement. Hope you can travel somewhere soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter