Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Well it was a good thing we were still up tonight as our refrigerator started pouring water out of the ice maker and all over the floor. :eek: It's been a good one for 25 years and I doubt a newer one will last that long.

Life continues as normal here. We're coming up to the last 3 months before final exams. Been doing a few university visits (Melbourne based) as well. I think DS has narrowed his choices down to Melbourne University. It's now all down to whether he makes the grade for acceptance or not.
Going to be a loooooooong 3 months!

Hope everyone is well.
Hope he does well!

Our pond still has problems, and we did think that the last fix was going to work. Rain last night put an end to our hopes.

Hi everyone! I'm here in Buffalo, NY! It's rainy today, but warm-80s!! Can't believe next week Monday is Labor Day!! Where did the summer go??

Hi, y'all! We're back from our 8 days at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We arrived home Saturday afternoon just in time to greet Florence. Fortunately, she was a polite guest and only flooded the backyard and dropped fifty eleventy million pine needles all over the place. DH drained our pool four times, but that's his fault as he likes to keep the level at the highest point. :rolleyes1

It was a great trip for the most part. I'm nursing a foot injury from a stroller collision. Lady ran into me (I was in line!) and bounded off yelling, "Sorry!" over her shoulder. Never bothered to stop to see if I was OK. MRI if it doesn't start feeling better by Friday. Still swollen and painful to walk on, but x-rays didn't show any breaks or fractures.

How is everyone doing? Alison, how was your trip?

PattiW, welcome! :welcome:

Hi, y'all! We're back from our 8 days at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We arrived home Saturday afternoon just in time to greet Florence. Fortunately, she was a polite guest and only flooded the backyard and dropped fifty eleventy million pine needles all over the place. DH drained our pool four times, but that's his fault as he likes to keep the level at the highest point. :rolleyes1

It was a great trip for the most part. I'm nursing a foot injury from a stroller collision. Lady ran into me (I was in line!) and bounded off yelling, "Sorry!" over her shoulder. Never bothered to stop to see if I was OK. MRI if it doesn't start feeling better by Friday. Still swollen and painful to walk on, but x-rays didn't show any breaks or fractures.

How is everyone doing? Alison, how was your trip?

PattiW, welcome! :welcome:

Thanks for the welcome:)

Glad you had a great trip and that the effects of Florence weren't too bad!:thumbsup2

So sorry about the foot injury due to a stroller! I've read about quite a few stroller/wheelchair/ECV injuries! It makes me so scared of them! I try real hard to steer clear of them and not have them behind me- but sometimes they just come upon you without warning! We take my mom in a wheelchair and I'm very mindful of others and leave ample space so that I don't run into people! Good news no broken bones! Hope you heal fast!!:)

It was a great trip for the most part. I'm nursing a foot injury from a stroller collision. Lady ran into me (I was in line!) and bounded off yelling, "Sorry!" over her shoulder. Never bothered to stop to see if I was OK. MRI if it doesn't start feeling better by Friday....
OMG, I had a similar incident when we went to the F&WF back in 2014! :scared1: We had just arrived at MK when a woman barreled right into the back of my leg. At least your offender said 'sorry'.....mine give me a dirty look as if I was holding her up and kept going.....she hit me so hard it actually knocked off my shoe, removing a sizeable chunk of skin just below the back of my ankle....I had to hobble to the first aid station near Crystal Palace, leaving a trail of blood behind...

Hi everyone! I'm here in Buffalo, NY!

:wave: Welcome! We came into NYC on the Disney Magic last Thursday before flying home on Friday.

:wave2:

Been on the Fantasy for the last week, now I'm enjoying the $8 WiFi on the plane home!

How was your trip, Alison? I need to get somepopcorn:: and catch up on your trip report.

I'm nursing a foot injury from a stroller collision. Lady ran into me (I was in line!) and bounded off yelling, "Sorry!" over her shoulder. Never bothered to stop to see if I was OK. MRI if it doesn't start feeling better by Friday. Still swollen and painful to walk on, but x-rays didn't show any breaks or fractures.

Wishing you a speedy recovery YoYo.:grouphug:

Hi fellow travelers!!

We are returning to Philadelphia from Honolulu. 6 good friends, family began this trip September 5 in Vancouver BC. We boarded the Radiance of the Seas, 10 nights to Honolulu with 4 days on various islands. We ended this trip with a week in Aulani!

My sister is on plane non stop to Newark, 5 of us heading at 5:30 to Dallas TX. Then two to Dayton OH, these are our dear friends, and finally me and Tom with cousin head to Philadelphia. We arrive 11:30 AM tomorrow!:upsidedow

That’s what I have been up to! I have heard from friends that our moon flowers are thriving, and our pond is in good shape. I hope Gus knows we are on our way home!:dogdance:

Bobbi:)

Safe travels Bobbi sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

Our dog is named Gus too, he was happy we finally came home after 3 weeks.

Bobbi, that sounds like a wonderful trip!

Angela, I saw you made it over to my TR, I've been so busy trying to get the last apartment rented and all the garages cleaned out! I'm so behind on all my TRs, but at least it's easy to catch up here!

:welcome: @pattyw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter