Dis Mom's Club?

I'm here! :)

We are moving next week so things are crazy. The girls BOTH start school on August 20th and I will be free to wander the parks every day all by myself if I want.

How do you be a SAHM when both kids are in school? It kinda sounds like a vacation to me! LOL!

Our heat here in Maine finally broke last night. Now it is in the 70's and will get down to 50 tonight... brrrrr!

How is everyone? Any trips planned soon?

70's? Wow! It's hotter in KY than WDW. It's 99 at the moment w/ a heat index of 112.

LOL! No we are in Maine until next Wednesday! It is almost always cold here... except when it is hot... then it is always over the top hot.

Pretty sure it never went over 73 today.

Though the high in Celebration today was only 91. So you are still hotter there then WDW!

LOL! No we are in Maine until next Wednesday! It is almost always cold here... except when it is hot... then it is always over the top hot.

Pretty sure it never went over 73 today.

Though the high in Celebration today was only 91. So you are still hotter there then WDW!

Bring some cooler weather south w/ you upon your return!

Me too. I like hot but it delays dd softball because of heat index.

Yes, I am glad to report softball and Baseball is finally over (started in January). so i understand. Believe it or not this is the hottest summer in Chicago since i believe the 1940's?? I'm melting. can't wait for 70 low 80 weather. instead of the 114. What is a normal summer for KY?

Now on to Football and Cheerleading! :eek:

Hi!!
Here's our family:
Me (Candace) - 31; DH (Jason) - 30; DD #1 (Kennedy) -4; and DD #2 (Abby) - 2. I have been to WDW 3 times before, and DH has been a time or two. We are taking the girls for their first trip in January 2013. 190 days away!! They are obsessed with everything Princess! I have always loved Disney World, and I can't wait to see it through their eyes!!

Yes, I am glad to report softball and Baseball is finally over (started in January). so i understand. Believe it or not this is the hottest summer in Chicago since i believe the 1940's?? I'm melting. can't wait for 70 low 80 weather. instead of the 114. What is a normal summer for KY?

Now on to Football and Cheerleading! :eek:

July & August are usually 90's but the humidity make the heat index higher. Last year in August we were on all the major networks for the hottest place one day, a big deal for a town of around 55000. I think it was like 127 w/ heat index. That day I had to walk about 4 blocks to work unknowing the temps were so high but I remember my skin feeling wet (humidity).

When people complain about WDW heat I rarely understand. July & August in KY are just as hot.

Hi!!
Here's our family:
Me (Candace) - 31; DH (Jason) - 30; DD #1 (Kennedy) -4; and DD #2 (Abby) - 2. I have been to WDW 3 times before, and DH has been a time or two. We are taking the girls for their first trip in January 2013. 190 days away!! They are obsessed with everything Princess! I have always loved Disney World, and I can't wait to see it through their eyes!!
:welcome:

July & August are usually 90's but the humidity make the heat index higher. Last year in August we were on all the major networks for the hottest place one day, a big deal for a town of around 55000. I think it was like 127 w/ heat index. That day I had to walk about 4 blocks to work unknowing the temps were so high but I remember my skin feeling wet (humidity).

When people complain about WDW heat I rarely understand. July & August in KY are just as hot.

i hope your getting rain? I believe we are at a break... we are about 85-90's. feels a lot cooler after Hell came for a visit.

Hi everyone! Just found this thread. Hope there is room for one more.

My name is Xann. I am the Disney nut of the family. I've been there 10 times and this November will be my 11th trip. It will also be my dd2 first trip. I am so excited to share this with her! It will also be my dh 3rd trip. My parents purchased the DVc and it will be our first time using the membership.

We have so much to plan. We will be on dd time. Since we've all been there before, I want her to enjoy it as much as possible.

I have been pouring over our reservations and want everyone to be happy with the choices. I tuck with character meals so dd is entertained. In all the times we've been there this is our first Christmas theme visit. I have always wanted to see Disney done for Christmas! We are going to the Christmas party and the candlelight processional with Neil Patrick Harris. Bonus!

I want to join too! I'm Heather, and I've been to WDW twice, both times as a kid (once in '93? at Dixie Landings and once in '98-ish at WL). DH is super not-excited about this whole Disney thing. He's hoping for a "one and done" experience... and I'm already looking forward to our NEXT trip after this one!

I'm a little (OK a lot) OCD about things, and I'm REALLLLY excited about planning.

I have :

PeanutButter (PB) who is 6.5 and ISN'T a princess. She loves all things fairies though.

Jelly: 3.5 and is O.B.S.E.S.S.E.D. with Cars and Thomas the Train. Although if you ask him his favorite character he says, "Cap-ma Hook!". So there ya go ;)

ETA: Hey Eoywin: our trips are super far away, but we'll be there *almost* the same time! Only a week apart!

Hi everyone! Just found this thread. Hope there is room for one more.

My name is Xann. I am the Disney nut of the family. I've been there 10 times and this November will be my 11th trip. It will also be my dd2 first trip. I am so excited to share this with her! It will also be my dh 3rd trip. My parents purchased the DVc and it will be our first time using the membership.

We have so much to plan. We will be on dd time. Since we've all been there before, I want her to enjoy it as much as possible.

I have been pouring over our reservations and want everyone to be happy with the choices. I tuck with character meals so dd is entertained. In all the times we've been there this is our first Christmas theme visit. I have always wanted to see Disney done for Christmas! We are going to the Christmas party and the candlelight processional with Neil Patrick Harris. Bonus!

I want to join too! I'm Heather, and I've been to WDW twice, both times as a kid (once in '93? at Dixie Landings and once in '98-ish at WL). DH is super not-excited about this whole Disney thing. He's hoping for a "one and done" experience... and I'm already looking forward to our NEXT trip after this one!

I'm a little (OK a lot) OCD about things, and I'm REALLLLY excited about planning.

I have :

PeanutButter (PB) who is 6.5 and ISN'T a princess. She loves all things fairies though.

Jelly: 3.5 and is O.B.S.E.S.S.E.D. with Cars and Thomas the Train. Although if you ask him his favorite character he says, "Cap-ma Hook!". So there ya go ;)

ETA: Hey Eoywin: our trips are super far away, but we'll be there *almost* the same time! Only a week apart!
:welcome:

I have :

Have your DH chat w/ Disdads. They may get him excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter