DIS Ladies Only Trip 2007 WISH!

AdventurerKat

<font color=FF99FF>Cries in her Jello shots<br><fo
Welcome to the DIS Ladies Only WISH thread for 2007! If you’ve stumbled upon this thread and are not part of the DIS Ladies Only trip for November 2007, you’re in the wrong place. ;) This thread is to encourage those going on the trip with weight loss before the trip.

First, I just want to say I think its wonderful so many people signed up. We have 14! That’s a great start! Any other members of the Ladies Trip who want to join, please PM me no later than Tuesday.

I’ll tell you a little about what this thread was last year and then get on to the “rules” of the competition part. Remember, you do not have to “compete” if you don’t want to. If you want to just weigh in and/or hang out to get support, feel free to do so. And really rather than a competition, I’d like to say its more of a reward for a job well done. Last year I think our top losers lost 20%, 10% and 5% of their body weight. That represents some hard work on their part. And something that should be recognized. I personally lost ten pounds and have kept that ten off and have dropped a couple more since then. But I know I can do a lot better than that though so here I am this year, looking forward to how much further I can take this.

Please note: you can use this thread however you wish to. Last year we used it to post recipes, list weight loss tips, tell stories of how we got where we are and how we hope to get to where we want to be, support, etc. Whatever you want it to be, it can be for you. I will try to check it a few times a day but sometimes people only pop in on weigh in day, and sometimes not at all - everyone does things the way they work best for them so please don’t feel like you have to pop over here ten times a day. You can be here as little or as much as you want.

Now that we’ve got the formalities out of the way, lets get to the “rules”:

1. The “competition” will run from February 27, 2007 (our first weigh-in day) to October 23, 2007 (our last weigh-in day). I plan on doing two or three “mini” competitions within this one but they will work the same way as the main competition, except for the prize part meaning there will most likely be “a winner” or multiple winners in the mini competition, not 1st, 2nd and
3rd place.

2. Weigh-in day is every Tuesday. We used this date last year, seemed to work o.k. If for some reason Tuesday is not a good day for you to weigh in, PM me and I will see what we can do for you. When you weigh in, simply PM me your weight. No one will know your weight but me, unless you choose to tell them on this thread.

3. To stay “active” in the competition, you must weigh in at least twice a month. Everyone has weeks they feel like they’ve blown it or just don’t want to face the scale and that’s o.k. , but to avoid anyone dropping out and then jumping back in at the end, I think it will be most fair to make sure that anyone participating weighs in at least twice a month. So please note, if you drop out, you’re out. You can always come back to get moral support, we’re still here for you. But you can’t go back into the competition.

4. The winners of the competition (top 3) will be determined not by pounds lost, but by percentage of body weight lost. This makes it a bit more fair for those who may not have so much to lose, but still are trying to get in shape and lose a few pounds.

5. If you were in the top three last year, you cannot compete or win this year.

6. Winner will take half the pot. Second place will take 2/3 of the second half the pot, and third place will take the remaining 1/3 of the second half of the pot. I will also add some little extras in there.

All other relevant information will go out in a PM.

First weigh-in is Tuesday. Good luck everyone! :thumbsup2

Weight loss made easy:

1. Eat less

2. Exercise more

3. Drink more water

:thumbsup2

Drinking water is the easiest part. ;)

I agree... The eat less is gonna kill me. I tend to eat when I am stressed out.. and lets face it I have 3 kids so I'm always stressed out....

I'll try the first two. But I'm not drinking water.
LOL I used to say that until my experience today!! :scared1:

Now, I'll drink the water. :rotfl:

I really want to make this happen this time. Last time I didn't do very well.

I think most of you have seen my pics from when I was skinny and it's hard to fathom how I let myself get this way now. I used to weigh 125 lbs!! And I'm 5'9"!!

In the beginning it was more of an emotional issue. I didn't like the constant attention and I noticed when I started gaining weight, I could blend in more. It was safe.
Now it's like food is my drug that I turn to instead of alcohol or cigarettes when I am stressed out.

Plus I hate to excercise. lol

I just want to say thanks Kat for doing this and I hope we can all meet our goals, whatever they may be!!! :thumbsup2

I'm an emotional eater too... I eat when I am stressed. I eat when I am happy. I eat when I bored. I eat when I am sad. I eat to celebrate (or do I celebrate so I can eat?).

My life revolves around food. Especially carbs.

I am hoping to make some major changes in 2007 :wizard: but sometimes I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up a year from now 80 lbs slimmer :teeth:

Thanks for starting this up Kat !! :thumbsup2

For me, I just like to eat :rotfl: I like food !!! :banana:

I have never been skinny, I'm pear shaped and always gain weight in my bottom half :rolleyes: it sucks, nothing fits me right, they don't make clothes for my body type and I hate it !! when I was younger I was more active so I didn't look so bad, but since I've been working at home, I've just gotten lazy and bigger ! I have no will power at all, but I am going to give this a shot and hope for the best !!! good luck everyone !!! :banana:

Well okay then, I'll have a glass of water with dinner at home. But not at work.

I'm an emotional eater too. It sucks because it used to be if I was upset, I wouldn't eat. That equaled a 120 pound me. Now its the opposite. I also eat out of boredom. I also eat because I like sweets.

I will start tomorrow with drinking more water. Especially after your tale today Beth. MORE WATER!

Can I join too? I will Pm you with my weight as requested. I need all the motivation I can get!

Can I join too? I will Pm you with my weight as requested. I need all the motivation I can get!

Hi natenapril. This thread is related to the DIS Ladies Only trip in November. I haven't seen your name on our thread before but I could have missed ya. If you're part of the trip, you're more than welcome to join us. :goodvibes

Do you expect the weigh in stuff early in the day? On workdays I am not even online until after 7 PM.

Thanks Kat for doing this again :cheer2:

I love to eat, especially sweets, and pizza and basically anything bad for you. I am a very picky eater, I only like apples and pineapple when it comes to fruits and there aren't a ton of vegetables that I like either. BUT I hate the way I feel and especially the way I look. I know I have it in me to lose the weight, I have done it before, I just have to force myself not to eat the cheesecake or ice cream etc. when we go out to dinner!

I gave up soft drinks about 2 weeks ago and have switched to unsweetened green tea and I always drink water. I have noticed a difference already in that I don't feel so bloated. I am also leaving the sugar out of my coffee. I am also taking healthy snacks to work instead of sweets, and have switched to 2% milk instead of whole. Hopefully I am on the right track! I think once my hours switch in the next month or so that will help me also as I can get something healthy in the cafeteria for dinner.

Chris and I recently purchased a home gym and have an elliptical machine, starting today he and I are going to work out together. I have been doing the weights for a couple of weeks but need to get back on the elliptical for cardio workouts.

Good luck to everyone :banana: Hopefully we will all meet our personal goals and feel better about ourselves.

(will put check in the mail on Tuesday Kat, unless I feel adventurous and walk out to the mail box this morning ;) )

Kendra, that's great that you were able to give up the soda. I don't think I can go that far but I am starting in on the water today.

So tomorrow is the first weigh-in huh???

Hmmm, what do I want for dinner/dessert tonite.....:rolleyes1

Nah, I'm kidding. For me it's not going to be about deprivation as much as control. If I want pizza, I'll have pizza. But a normal human amount like one slice or maybe two, NOT 5 or 6!!! :scared1:

Same with sweets, if I am craving some ice cream I'll go out and get a frozen yogurt rather than buying a gallon of ice cream and eating it all at home.

I think for me that's just more realistic than trying to go cold turkey on everything. I've tried that before and while it starts out great, and I lose alot in the beginning, it doesn't work long term and I always end up feeling deprived, cheating, and then blowing the whole thing. :rolleyes:

Hopefully this time will take longer, but be more long term and permanent weight loss. :)

I think that you are on the right track Beth. :hug: I also plan on not going cold turkey on things. Just controling how much I consume. After all I am in control of it. It's not the other way around. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter