DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two weeks ago on the way back from Hollywood Studios to the Beach Club. Famous last words: "Let's get out of the Skyliner and look at the DVC rooms in the Riviera. We don't have to buy right away." ;-)

315 VGF, 220 SSR, 150 BVC, 150 CCR, 160 AKL, 150 RIV

1.145 points

Ive got another 200 RIV points taking me to 3,700 :)

I think I have a problem....
good lord have mercy. I'm just thinking of how long that would equate to in nights at just say SSR consecutively barring night limits. do you mind my asking how that breaks down? thanks for your time!

Ive got another 200 RIV points taking me to 3,700 :)

I think I have a problem....
good lord have mercy. I'm just thinking of how long that would equate to in nights at just say SSR consecutively barring night limits. do you mind my asking how that breaks down? thanks for your time!

An 'average' studio week at SSR is ~107pts (with proper weighting for season and room category distribution), so that would be 34 weeks and 4 nights (242 nights). Though there may not be any one week where you can spend exactly 107 points.

1BR (~220pts/wk) would be 16 weeks and 5 nights (117 nights).
2BR (~287pts/wk) would be 12 weeks and 6 nights (90 nights).
3BR GV (~616pts/wk) would be 6 weeks (42 nights).
Treehouse (~332pts/wk) would be 11 weeks and 1 night (78 nights).

You could use the points a lot faster or slower depending on views and season, too.

I had intended to sell some of my points after buying other points for various reasons. (Within the last few years, I bought significant points on resale to change use year for one resort and bought direct at VGF2 to replace my resale points because the initial promotional price for VGF2 for current DVC members was so attractive.). But I like the planning flexibility having a lot of extra points provides, and I can rent those points I don’t use, so for the moment I’m holding on to a big stash. I did just treat some friends and family to a very special visit at WDW, which shows the danger of excess points. LOL.

Last edited:
And just nabbed another contract

This takes me now to a total of 4,000. I think that is where I will stay!
Wowzer! 4000. I thought I read the limit was 2000 but maybe that was per resort. Is there a limit? Not that I’ll be reaching it…

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter