Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

Anyone know if there is a free shuttle from FCO to the hotel Bernini?

We signed up for transfer from FCO to Bernini Bristol as part of our reservation:

Additional services:
1 Transfer from Airport to Hotel max. 3 people: 105.00 EUR

Since they offer a service for a fee, I doubt there is a free service.

I look at it this way... Why must they have back to back cruises? First cruise I went on, was with you guys, PODCAST 6.0 cruise, and I was shocked to find out we had to be off the ship so early so more people could come onto the ship.... It seems like theses cruises are just for that one point in time, a big event, not an every day thing... But I know, they are trying to make as much money as possible.... Where does the ship go when it leaves venice? Back to Rome? Just a reverse of the trip we will take?

Yes. It turns around and goes back to ROME. And before we board, the ship will have sailed along the Med Coast from Barcelona. Someday, when I retire, I would love to do back-to-back cruises like that--Barcelona to Rome, and then Rome to Venice. Sounds almost twice the fun of Rome to Venice! ;-)

Double check any excursion you were interested in that said "Sold Out". I picked up Pompeii this AM and a cooking class this afternoon after cancelling Puglia's White Cities.

I also moved around our day in Šibenik, Croatia.

We still have room for 2 (possible 3) more people who still are looking for transportation from Rome to the ship. The van seats up to seven and there are 4 of us already.

MINIVAN /Max 7 people + luggage
TOTAL PRICE: 160 EURO.

Just sharing the price so if we fill the van it would only be 23 euros each.
We are thinking about leaving Rome early afternoon. The more the merrier!

Forgot to say we are right near Bernini Bristol. Just around the corner on the same block.

My wife (Tricia) and I (Joe) might be interested in sharing the van to the ship if still available? We are staying at the Hotel Artemide which is only 5-10 away from the Bristol. This would be much cheaper than a transfer available from our hotel :)

My wife (Tricia) and I (Joe) might be interested in sharing the van to the ship if still available? We are staying at the Hotel Artemide which is only 5-10 away from the Bristol. This would be much cheaper than a transfer available from our hotel :)

We (Janet & Rob) are at the Bristol. I was looking at booking Blacklane. We need a Business Van, which holds 5 passengers and 5 bags. It is 193 EUR. We are 3 bags and 2 passengers. We are still figuring out departure time, but thinking about 3pm. Might that work? Since we have the 3 bags I figure 80 EUR to share—if you have 2 bags.

Yes there is still room in the van. We are doing the Dark Rome tour at 7:30 Saturday morning then heading to the ship.

We (Janet & Rob) are at the Bristol. I was looking at booking Blacklane. We need a Business Van, which holds 5 passengers and 5 bags. It is 193 EUR. We are 3 bags and 2 passengers. We are still figuring out departure time, but thinking about 3pm. Might that work? Since we have the 3 bags I figure 80 EUR to share—if you have 2 bags.

Nancy and I are still working out the details to get to the ship from the Bristol. We, however, have three bags. All this work is getting in the way of trip planning! :-)

Anyone arriving on the 22nd? Leaving on the 31st?

Nancy and I are arriving on the 22nd and leaving on the 31st. I know we get in early on the 22nd, not sure when our flight out is, I left all the planning on this trip to my lovely wife. I am truly just along for the ride! :-)

I left all the planning on this trip to my lovely wife. I am truly just along for the ride! :-)

My hubby left the planning to me, but I am leaving all the conversations requiring Italian to him! He has three assignments before we leave:

1) have a chat with his buddy, Tony, who is from Rome and visits a couple of times a year. This is important, because Tony owns a gourmet Italian grocery shop here in NJ, has all but adopted my husband, and will give us some great tips on restaurants, cheese, coffee shops, cheese, and other out of the way foodie treats. Oh, didi I mention cheese shops.
2) Study the maps so that he can comfortably navigate the pre- and post-cruise stops--Rome (5 days) and Venice (4 days.)
3) Call the Bernini Bristol a few days before we leave to verify the pickup at FCO.

His fourth, and optional, task is to sign up for Global Entry. I already have it because I do enough business travel to make it more than worthwhile. Also, I am not afraid to use it and leave him in line. #CallMeEvil

There is also an app called Mobile Passport that I have seen advertised at Terminal B (yuck) at Newark. I works for "24 US airports" and Newark is one of them. Does anyone have any experience using the App?

FYI regarding transportation to the airport in Venice post-cruise.

I was traveling so was late to sign up for the Viking option (which was $49/person) so I reached out to a company I saw recommended (Venice Limousine) regarding transportation from the port to the airport on the 31st:
- they quoted me a rate of Euro 58 by credit card Euro 50 if pay by cash for a car that fits 2 people
- for up to 6 people it would be Euro 68/60
- for up to 8 people it would be Euro 83/75

If anyone is in a similar situation and needs to get to the airport that morning (our flight is at 11:55am) and would want to split a ride, let me know and I can book a larger car

I reached out to a company I saw recommended (Venice Limousine)

Did you have a way to reach them other than the "Express Request" box on their website? I'm thinking it might be easier to call. We are looking for transport from the Westin Europa (Venice) to the Marco Polo Airport late in the afternoon on Monday, April 2nd. I am expecting that transfer to include boats, trains and automobiles. Is there a helicopter service? ;-)

Did you have a way to reach them other than the "Express Request" box on their website? I'm thinking it might be easier to call. We are looking for transport from the Westin Europa (Venice) to the Marco Polo Airport late in the afternoon on Monday, April 2nd. I am expecting that transfer to include boats, trains and automobiles. Is there a helicopter service? ;-)

I just did the "express request" and they got back to me within a few hours

at the bottom of the note I got in response with this contact information:

firmamia.png

Sales and booking
+39-347-881-0184

My hubby left the planning to me, but I am leaving all the conversations requiring Italian to him! He has three assignments before we leave:

1) have a chat with his buddy, Tony, who is from Rome and visits a couple of times a year. This is important, because Tony owns a gourmet Italian grocery shop here in NJ, has all but adopted my husband, and will give us some great tips on restaurants, cheese, coffee shops, cheese, and other out of the way foodie treats. Oh, didi I mention cheese shops.
2) Study the maps so that he can comfortably navigate the pre- and post-cruise stops--Rome (5 days) and Venice (4 days.)
3) Call the Bernini Bristol a few days before we leave to verify the pickup at FCO.

His fourth, and optional, task is to sign up for Global Entry. I already have it because I do enough business travel to make it more than worthwhile. Also, I am not afraid to use it and leave him in line. #CallMeEvil

There is also an app called Mobile Passport that I have seen advertised at Terminal B (yuck) at Newark. I works for "24 US airports" and Newark is one of them. Does anyone have any experience using the App?

Maybe I can hitch a ride... I arrive on the 22nd... But... I have not booked that flight yet.... Its from CDG, so I am flexible, but not a morning person :P... Don't want to leave the Disneyland Paris hotel too soon, ya know? I am most likely getting a flight out of VCE about 1pm... So... A ride from the ship to VCE before then with others works for me... I will have 2 hard cases for my luggage...

FYI regarding transportation to the airport in Venice post-cruise.

I was traveling so was late to sign up for the Viking option (which was $49/person) so I reached out to a company I saw recommended (Venice Limousine) regarding transportation from the port to the airport on the 31st:
- they quoted me a rate of Euro 58 by credit card Euro 50 if pay by cash for a car that fits 2 people
- for up to 6 people it would be Euro 68/60
- for up to 8 people it would be Euro 83/75

If anyone is in a similar situation and needs to get to the airport that morning (our flight is at 11:55am) and would want to split a ride, let me know and I can book a larger car

Sign me up! If you have space still...

Sign me up! If you have space still...

Sure! I haven’t officially booked anything but with you it is more than 2 so I will book the 6 passenger one and see if anyone else wants to join us

What time do you need to be at the airport by?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter