DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

Several folks have registered their trip with their state department through Smart Traveller Enrollment Program (STEP). This enables the local Embassies to send travel advisories and contact you in case of emergency. You can register at https://step.state.gov/ You need the addresses and phone numbers of the hotels we'll be staying at. Can someone who registered please provide that contact information in this thread?

The hotel contact info is on the last page of handbook that accompanied the box ABD sent to all of us:
Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel
Lantau Island, Hong Kong
+852 3510 6000

Rosewood Beijing
Jing Guang Center, Hujialou,Chaoyang District, Beijing 1000020, PRC
+86 10 6597 8888

Shanghai Disneyland Hotel
No 1009 West Shendi Rd
Pudong New District, Shanghai, 201205, PRC
+86 21 2099 8002

...dave

I forgot to say that I'm interested in the night trip into HK to see the light show or go to the night market.

I am glad I was not the only one that wanted to Hong Kong at night. I am glad I brought it up. With this many people, I hope me can get a little guidance from the guides also.

We most likely will be interested in joining the Hong Kong nighttime experience. I agree with Chandra that the guides should be able to give advice.

Chris

TRB Hutong - October 19th at 7:00pm confirmed.

Kevin & Kate
Ian & Diane
Michael
Rob
Steven
Chandra

They offered us their private wine room. There's a 6000 rmb minimum required spending. Judging from online the 5-course menus are 588-688 rmb. That plus drinks or a couple of us doing wine parings should put us over. Does the Wine Room sound good to everyone?

There's room for 4 more if anyone else is interested.
Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 10.29.23 PM.png

Last edited:

TRB Hutong - October 19th at 7:00pm confirmed.

Kevin & Kate
Ian & Diane
Michael
Rob
Steven
Chandra

They offered us their private wine room. There's a 6000 rmb minimum required spending. Judging from online the 5-course menus are 588-688 rmb. That plus drinks or a couple of us doing wine parings should put us over. Does the Wine Room sound good to everyone?

There's room for 4 more if anyone else is interested.
View attachment 272818

@Cousin Orville - If there's room for two more Laurie and Dan Castaneda would like to join us. They’re friends of mine who are also going on the ABD trip but aren't on the message boards

Kevin & Kate
Ian & Diane
Michael
Rob
Steven
Chandra
Laurie & Dan

@Cousin Orville - If there's room for two more Laurie and Dan Castaneda would like to join us. They’re friends of mine who are also going on the ABD trip but aren't on the message boards

Sounds good. That leaves 2 more if anyone would like to join. TRB confirmed a max capacity of 12.

The hotel contact info is on the last page of handbook that accompanied the box ABD sent to all of us:
Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel
Lantau Island, Hong Kong
+852 3510 6000

Rosewood Beijing
Jing Guang Center, Hujialou,Chaoyang District, Beijing 1000020, PRC
+86 10 6597 8888

Shanghai Disneyland Hotel
No 1009 West Shendi Rd
Pudong New District, Shanghai, 201205, PRC
+86 21 2099 8002

...dave
Thank you, Dave. I've been trying to find an address for the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. I found a phone number in a travel guide.

Crystal Lotus update:

I added 2 more guests on request. Our new count is 27 with Dim Sum to match. :) At this point we are at capacity, and I can no longer add anyone else. I was told by the extremely nice cast members at the Crystal Lotus that it might be a bit crowded, but 27 should be ok. I counted and that's a total of 190 pieces of Disney dim sum. I hope we have a historian for photos.

Just so I'm not the only one with this info our reservation details:
Kevin McGrory; 27 adults; 13:30 on 16-10-2017 (MON); #10044
Hold table for 15 minutes

Not entirely sure what would happen if we were 16 minutes late. :)

Last edited:
Just been to collect a little more currency for China and they have been instructed to inform everyone going to China of the following
  • watch out for the old Bait-and-Switch. For example, you pay with your (real) Y100 and they secretly replace it with a fake note, claiming that you gave them the bogus note. Then, they’ll give you the fake one and ask for another one. They just made a tidy Y200 profit! Always keep an eye on your bill when paying and watch for the swap. A popular scam with taxis and when getting back a deposit (such as renting bike). If someone tries to pull this on you, make a big, loud scene (to attract a curious crowd, and hopefully police).
  • Also alarms should be going off if someone claims they don’t have correct change and is “willing” to round up your change by giving you a larger bill. Or they might be trying to squeeze some extra money from you by asking you to give them an extra Y50 note so they can round off your change to an even (fake) Y100.
Don't want to worry anybody but thought I would pass it on.

Not long to go now, looking forward to meeting everyone

Ian & Diane

Great tip. Talking with a friend at work yesterday and she warned me of the exact same scams.

Be sure to download the Shanghai DL app and create an account. It’s similar to the WDW app in giving wait times and general info. Also looks like we should be able to link our tickets once they are handed out and be able to book digital FastPasses through the app.

So today is National day in China. I learned that at the China pavilion today:flower1:. I watched the film with a big smile thinking about getting to a lot of the film in person.

Chandra,

Just missed you. We had to check out Reflections of China too. Especially as it’s on its way out soon. Good movie. Good music. We stopped by the SHDL exhibit as well.

Last edited:
As a native Southern Californian who only goes to Florida in the winter, I'd like to apologize to all of you now for my inevitable reaction to Hong Kong's humidity. HK's forecast is 85 degrees with 75% humidity. I will try to be strong but there will be tears involved at some point. Angelinos like their heat like we like our martinis--- dry dry dry! :)

On the plus side --- we're close enough to the trip that we can get weather forecasts!!!!!!!!!! WUHUU!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter