DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

DawnFeiss, welcome! :wave2:
Looks like you are not too far from me; I'm in South Surrey.

debces, welcome to you too!
Don't be nervous, the Divas are very friendly! :)
I think there might be some ladies who get their own rooms, but it's really nice to have roomies. It also really helps to keep the costs down as you can split the room cost.

Hello Friends!
And a big welcome to new ladies interested in joining. :wave2:

Dianna, I agree with you that this trip was harder to meet and visit with a lot of people. The heavy rain put such a damper on it. So it seemed the planned events were our only source of social interactions. I am really hoping for sunny skies for our 2015 trip. :beach:

I am having a lazy day on this Sunday. We all need those sometimes. :)

I love lazy days but Sunday's are work days for me and I'm thinking I would love to join you guys on the next trip and yes I'm in Cloverdale

Hello Divas!
I've been following along with posts and decided now was the time to join in while the app is letting me log in.

I've been a DIS member for several years, even though I don't post very much. We moved to Orange County almost 2 years ago. I finally feel like we're settling in. So much has happened. My Mother was diagnosed with brain cancer Feb 2013 and passed away Sept 2013. So obviously I was in no shape to join the divas weekend, even though I live right here.

In a couple if days my iPad will arrive & I should find it easier to interact online. May I please join you all on Facebook?

Thanks!

Jello shots?? Me?? I don't know what you're talking about! :rolleyes1

Next time, Andrea - just try it, you "might" like it :rotfl:

Hi Beth! Just a stop in to say hello so that Beth isn't talking to herself!

Hey Karisa!!

I usually just stalk this thread. Actually I pretty much stalk the Facebook thread too.

Wendell is a stalker???? :scared1:

Well since I am not able to use my cell at work and not allowed to log into fb as it's blocked here. I found I can get on the Dis from work so this works great for me. :thumbsup2

You DIS at work???? Shocking........... LOL

Hello Divas, :wave2:

Just popping in to say hello, and I hope you are all having a nice Spring Break.
We had a beautiful day here in Vancouver yesterday - the sun shining on the North Shore mountains was glorious!
We've also had some recent sightings of Pacific White-Sided Dolphins right in English Bay, and Orcas in Squamish (near Whistler). I feel so lucky to live here, even though I am jealous of the Divas that live 20 minutes away from Disneyland!

I posted a video on the dolphins on FB - so amazing, right? I really do love living here!

I'm new to this forum but would love to join in my name is Dawn and I'm a mom of three.

Hi Dawn :wave2: I'm in South Surrey, really close to Cloverdale. There are a few of us out this way now!

Just listened to Mary Jo's interview. I am seriously considering joining the next trip, just a little nervous. Do some Divas have their own room?

Some Divas do have their own room (I have previously). It just depends on what you are comfortable with.

Geez, I feel like such a stranger over here. Have to dust off the DIS on my computer!

Hello to everyone and here's to a hopefully fabulous week....

Happy Monday, Divas!

I want to wish everyone a great week (before I, and you, get too swamped with work). I was hoping to spend time on this thread over the weekend, but spent the better part of the two days doing taxes :eek:

During the week, I have internet access from my office (I do geoinformatics, so I sit at a computer, and thus have internet access all day); at home, my internet access is spotty. I live rurally in north northern California.

I grew up in Southern and then Northern California. Disneyland has been a constant throughout my life (1000 plus visits). I started going to WDW when Epcot opened, and have been many dozen times since. I am a Disney fan -- I feel fantastic when I am in the parks, or planning a trip, or waiting for a new Disney feature film release, or training for a runDisney race, or reading others' trip reports, or ... You can relate ::yes::

I love sharing Disney with others -- it just feels good (okay, great!) :goodvibes

Hello ladies!

Sounds like you got a great discount and it was a good thing you acted when you did!

I've been reading about all the changes to WDW. It's been awhile since I've been there, 2006 was my last time, and I am not a fan of all the changes to the dining plan and to the fastpasses. It all sounds way too complicated for me now. Good luck planning!

Yes there are lots of changes but I have kept up with them and don't think it will be to hard, I hope :confused3

Remember when we went in 2006? That was so nice! I loved the free dining then. The plan was awesome. The table service included appetizer, drink, entrée, dessert and the tip! I didn't have to open my wallet at all. Snacks were included, too. Now? Forget it. I'd need a Dining Plan for Dummies book to figure it all out. Soon, I will also need a WDW Fastpass Plan for Dummies as well. I'll stick with Disneyland for now. :p

I loved having all the extras in free dining that they did before. Oh well I guess just less means less left overs or calories I bring back :thumbsup2 I just don't know if I will get free dining and if I have to pay for it well it may be best to buy gift cards and load it with the money we may spend. I would do less sit down then and well make sure to get the best bang for my buck :teacher:

I'm new to this forum but would love to join in my name is Dawn and I'm a mom of three. 2 adult children and a 7yr old. Ya I know what was I thinking ha ha good thing he's the light of my life. We have been going to Disney since 2000 and have gone to world in 2007 and 2010 and land in 2000, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2009 and then our last trip was 2011. We are planning a trip for May to Disneyland. I would love to join you guys on your next trip!!

I hope you do join us. It's a great time. I have gone 2x and look forward to doing it a third, fourth and so on ;)

Just listened to Mary Jo's interview. I am seriously considering joining the next trip, just a little nervous. Do some Divas have their own room? Are there mini meets in the San Francisco Bay Area? Thanks for any info.
You just have to jump in. Don't hesitate to just start joining in the conversations on here and FB. We were all new and you will not be the only new lady to the group. You will make new friends and when they start posting hotel info you will see others looking for a roomate. It keeps the cost down. :banana:

Lots of new ladies!! I love it! :cool1:

1525346_10152102467809011_1377021702_n.jpg

If any of you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask here or send me a PM if you feel more comfortable doing that. I'm happy to help. :)
If you haven't already, introduce yourself, share your name, a picture if you'd like, etc. We love to learn about our new members! :goodvibes

I'm new to this forum but would love to join in my name is Dawn and I'm a mom of three. 2 adult children and a 7yr old. Ya I know what was I thinking ha ha good thing he's the light of my life. We have been going to Disney since 2000 and have gone to world in 2007 and 2010 and land in 2000, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2009 and then our last trip was 2011. We are planning a trip for May to Disneyland. I would love to join you guys on your next trip!!
Hello, Dawn! I'm glad you decided to join in the fun!

Just listened to Mary Jo's interview. I am seriously considering joining the next trip, just a little nervous. Do some Divas have their own room? Are there mini meets in the San Francisco Bay Area? Thanks for any info.
Hi, there! I'm so glad you posted. That's the first step to a fun addiction.... the Diva trips! lol Don't be nervous, this is a great group.
Some of the Divas have their own rooms, but most hook up with a roommate or two to keep costs down. It's entirely up to you. Nothing has to be decided now, you can see what you feel comfortable with as time goes on and you get to know some of the ladies.
There are several of the ladies who live in the Bay area! I am sure there will be some mini meets there at some point. :thumbsup2

Hello Divas!
I've been following along with posts and decided now was the time to join in while the app is letting me log in.

I've been a DIS member for several years, even though I don't post very much. We moved to Orange County almost 2 years ago. I finally feel like we're settling in. So much has happened. My Mother was diagnosed with brain cancer Feb 2013 and passed away Sept 2013. So obviously I was in no shape to join the divas weekend, even though I live right here.

In a couple if days my iPad will arrive & I should find it easier to interact online. May I please join you all on Facebook?

Thanks!��
Hello there! First, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. My condolences to you. :(
I am glad you've taken the plunge and decided to post here and join the group!

Happy Monday, Divas!

I want to wish everyone a great week (before I, and you, get too swamped with work). I was hoping to spend time on this thread over the weekend, but spent the better part of the two days doing taxes :eek:

During the week, I have internet access from my office (I do geoinformatics, so I sit at a computer, and thus have internet access all day); at home, my internet access is spotty. I live rurally in north northern California.

I grew up in Southern and then Northern California. Disneyland has been a constant throughout my life (1000 plus visits). I started going to WDW when Epcot opened, and have been many dozen times since. I am a Disney fan -- I feel fantastic when I am in the parks, or planning a trip, or waiting for a new Disney feature film release, or training for a runDisney race, or reading others' trip reports, or ... You can relate ::yes::

I love sharing Disney with others -- it just feels good (okay, great!) :goodvibes
I grew up in SoCal as well. We are planning a trip to northern CA for Spring Break. Santa Cruz, Monterey, Carmel, etc. I just love the CA coast!
You've come to the right place for Disney fans (fanatics? lol) as we can all understand how you feel. ;)

Geez, I feel like such a stranger over here. Have to dust off the DIS on my computer!.
Yep, get to dusting lady! We could use some chatter around here. ;)

Just popping in to say hello, and I hope you are all having a nice Spring Break.
We had a beautiful day here in Vancouver yesterday - the sun shining on the North Shore mountains was glorious!
We've also had some recent sightings of Pacific White-Sided Dolphins right in English Bay, and Orcas in Squamish (near Whistler).

Oh, that sounds so nice!! I'm jealous, Dianna!

I am really hoping for sunny skies for our 2015 trip. :beach:

I am having a lazy day on this Sunday. We all need those sometimes. :)
Sunny skies....but not too hot, please. Those 90's we've had before we not fun either. Maybe mid to upper 70's in the day, cool and drizzling over night?? ;) That would be perfect!

I hope you do join us. It's a great time. I have gone 2x and look forward to doing it a third, fourth and so on ;)

See? It's easy to get hooked! :p

pssst, I'm just popping in to add Cassidy and myself to the list of attendees for next year.....I don't have time to read all 101 pages today but I'll do what I can to get caught up this week. lol :)

Dang ya'll, spring break season at DLR s gonna be a busy one this year! My last two days at work have been something else, lol.

Hello Divas!

Thanks!��

I just moved here 2 years ago as well. I still don't feel like I've really settled in though to be perfectly honest. I have at work, but outside of that it's taking a little longer, lol.

Are you from the Bay Area? Where abouts? I moved to Anaheim from the east bay and miss it like crazy! I wanna go home for a visit but it looks like have to cancel the plans I've been in progress with for this year.

I am getting so excited for this trip! I know Melody is not around at the moment, but does anyone know if I can order shirts from the past trips? Like the ones that you all are planning to wear again? Thanks! :)

Are you from the Bay Area? Where abouts? I moved to Anaheim from the east bay and miss it like crazy! I wanna go home for a visit but it looks like have to cancel the plans I've been in progress with for this year.

I understand. I lived in San Mateo, Cupertino, Hayward, and Antioch. I worked, studied, and played in many of the surrounding areas (as I think many Bay Area folks do). When I married and moved to my husband's home in the far north of California, I missed the Bay Area nearly inconsolably. It took me 5 years to reduce my very frequent trips back.

I am sorry that your plans to visit your old stomping grounds didn't pan out this time. But, when you do make it back, I hope you enjoy every familiar moment of it :)

Thanks to all of you for your kind words, support and advice. I'm in! I live in El Granada, on the coast just south of San Francisco (for surf fans, think Mavericks), but grew up in the city. Trips to Disneyland were annual, starting in 1965. We are celebrating my youngest adult border's graduation from LMU in May with a DCL cruise. Can't wait. For the graduation ceremony, of course ;) . Please let me know when and how to sign up. Shout out to Mary Jo, you are my favorite podcaster.

Hello, ladies! Hope you are all doing well. :goodvibes

Wait... It's just March, and I'm already excited about our next meet-up!!
I know, me too!! I was saying we should just skip summer, I can do without those triple digit temps, and fast forward to Fall. We'll be that much closer to Halloween, lol, and the trip!

pssst, I'm just popping in to add Cassidy and myself to the list of attendees for next year.....I don't have time to read all 101 pages today but I'll do what I can to get caught up this week. lol :)
Hey Kerri, so glad you'll be coming and with Cassidy! Yay!! I haven't officially started a 2015 attendee list yet, but once we do, I'll make sure you are on there.

Oh, and as for reading back, starting with page 124 is what's been posted since the trip ended if your curious.

Dang ya'll, spring break season at DLR s gonna be a busy one this year! My last two days at work have been something else, lol.
Good luck, Jessica! I've seen some pics of the crowds and it does not look pleasant at all!!

I am getting so excited for this trip! I know Melody is not around at the moment, but does anyone know if I can order shirts from the past trips? Like the ones that you all are planning to wear again? Thanks! :)
I am sure you will be able to, January. She offered that option last time but the cost will depend on the number of orders.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words, support and advice. I'm in! I live in El Granada, on the coast just south of San Francisco (for surf fans, think Mavericks), but grew up in the city. Trips to Disneyland were annual, starting in 1965. We are celebrating my youngest adult border's graduation from LMU in May with a DCL cruise. Can't wait. For the graduation ceremony, of course ;) . Please let me know when and how to sign up. Shout out to Mary Jo, you are my favorite podcaster.
A cruise, how fun!! Sounds like a great way to celebrate.
As for signing up....you did it. LOL It's that easy. For now, just posting and following along is all you need to do. Real planning won't start for some time yet. :thumbsup2

I do have another announcement to make.... drum roll please.... introducing your new Scheduling Committee for 2015. They will be in charge of planning group meals, group rides and group photos. Sorry, Captain America is not part of the committee unfortunately. lol ;) But, we have a great group of ladies who are, and I look forward to what they plan for us! :goodvibes

10001199_10152106172394011_112022381_o.jpg

I had a decent size post all set to summit and it disappeared right before my eyes.:confused3
Anyhow, welcome to all the new gals planning on joining us next year.
True about the rain preventing more socializing this year but I still had a great time.
Beth you are so sweet to list everyone by name with a comment too. You rock!!!
YEA for the new committee's. You are going to have fun!
I'll be at Knotts on Sat. Gotta see my guy.;)
Then Sunday at DL. Can't wait to ride BTMR. Going to have to do a child swap since Violet can't ride, or I can just leave her and the hub on a bench while I ride.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter