DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

Hello!
It's pretty quiet today, so I'll make my weekly (okay...biweekly) post to say that I am here even if I'm not super chatty. Still trying to organize my schedule to make it run more smoothly.

Hi ladies,

So as many of you know Beth will be in the PNW in June. We are planning a get together in Lynwood the night of the 21st to see here. There will be dinner, drinking for those who want to and a bunch of us plan to stay the night down there...maybe at the hotel Beth is staying at! Please let me know if you are planning to come! Any of you BC ladies that want to meet up and drive down together let me know...I don't mind driving!

Hi ladies,

So the 2013 PNW Mouse Meet is Saturday June 29th. Apparently tickets are now on sale. They haven't announced the guest speaker yet, but last year it was Marty Skylar...Kandace even met him! I am hoping to go and I know that at least a few of you have told me that you are going as well. If any of you other PNW/BC ladies want to go, it would be great to see you. I haven't done one of these before, but I hear they have dole whips!

Hope youre all doing well. Gotta study for my med. Terminology test thats tomorrow.

Good luck with that :thumbsup2 What are you going to school for??

I like a good pair of hot buns! :thumbsup2
But, I've never had Hot Cross Buns. I don't even know what they are.

Dude - they are yummy Easter goodness.

But I am not really complaining. I am getting a new kitchen, and I couldn't be happier. :cheer2:

I'd love a new kitchen too!!!

Good morning, ladies!! Happy Monday? ;)

We've got some roofers coming out to do some work today. I'm just glad we rent and do not have to fork out the money to pay for it!
I hate having people traipsing in and out of my house. Hopefully they'll finish quickly. Mel, I don't know how you do it. I'm sure you've got workers coming and going all day!! But, at least yours is for a fun remodel, not a boring roof repair.

Hello!
It's pretty quiet today, so I'll make my weekly (okay...biweekly) post to say that I am here even if I'm not super chatty. Still trying to organize my schedule to make it run more smoothly.
Hi Cristabel! Good luck organizing the schedule.

Hi ladies,

So as many of you know Beth will be in the PNW in June. We are planning a get together in Lynwood the night of the 21st to see here. There will be dinner, drinking for those who want to and a bunch of us plan to stay the night down there...maybe at the hotel Beth is staying at! Please let me know if you are planning to come! Any of you BC ladies that want to meet up and drive down together let me know...I don't mind driving!
Thanks, Sarah! I hope to get to see a couple of y'all while I am in the neighborhood, so to speak.

I haven't done one of these before, but I hear they have dole whips!
Mmmmm! Dole Whips.... :)

Dude - they are yummy Easter goodness.

Ooooh, I could go for some yummy Easter goodness. I'll have to look into those!

Good evening ladies! :)

Trying to catch up again.

Looks like I made a huge mistake on suggesting no orange. And believe it or not, I had you Miss AmyOkraSue in mind when I posted that. I knew how much you hated the pink tees, so I was trying to be careful. LOL.... who would have thought? I actually like orange too, but you can leave me out of the "pub crawl." One drink is enough for me, so I wouldn't make it very far. :rolleyes1

So we finally got the permit for our kitchen addition. Woo hoo! Today, Beau and Dave laid the forms for the concrete. Then we need to have it passed by the county. Then the plumber needs to put in drain and whatever, and then we need to get that passed. Then they can pour the concrete. Geesh... Every little thing needs to get passed before the next thing can happen. :headache:

But I am not really complaining. I am getting a new kitchen, and I couldn't be happier. :cheer2:

Have a blessed Sunday!

so don't evny you right now. I hated doing our kitchen remodel. It sucked the life out of me. The whole thing was just a nightmare for me. I love my kitchen now. But ugh! If I could go back and do it again, I would move out for a while, then come back to it being done. good luck mel!

I've heard remodeling your home is one of the most stressful things a couple can do, but of course, in the end, it's always worth it. ::yes::

Remodel on other parts of the house don't bother me as much as the kitchen. If its the bathroom, use another one. Inconvienent yes, but workable. Bedroom remodel, just do things in the other rooms. But kitchen? You only have one and you use it more than you think. I was microwaving food in the living room, while washing dishes in the bathroom. No where to really prep food or anything. Went out to eat lots. Couldn't wait to finish. Part of the problem was that we did lots of it ourselves so it was a slow process.

Ooooh, a pat down? :hyper:

You get egg rolls with that.

I had a great time in the parks yesterday. Checked out the new Fantasy Faire and it was just ok. Small area and where you meet each princess is really small. No show going on at the time. Maurice's Treats looked really good and I planned to get a couple at the end of the day to take home but I forgot. I got asked to give my opinion of the area and told them I wasn't that impressed. The CM told me that was what they'd been hearing.!

You get egg rolls with that.
Bonus! :cool1:

I can understand how not having your kitchen for a significant period of time would really, really suck. Talk about disruptive.

I had a great time in the parks yesterday. Checked out the new Fantasy Faire and it was just ok. Small area and where you meet each princess is really small. No show going on at the time. Maurice's Treats looked really good and I planned to get a couple at the end of the day to take home but I forgot. I got asked to give my opinion of the area and told them I wasn't that impressed. The CM told me that was what they'd been hearing.!
I wonder why they made it so small??? They had a chance to do something great and it sounds like they only did something so-so. That's too bad.

:rotfl:I guess all of the cool kids are over on FaceBook. I have been trying to be more active on the DIS this year....but it is like an echoing empty space on this thread.

I guess I really have no complaints since I am my own best audience and can carry on quite merrily without much input!!!!
:cool1:

How is everyone? When I try to come up with something to report, discover...I have nothin'.:rotfl:

Got up, did stuff, gonna iron, then go to bed.

Living the life, I am.

AmyOkraSue

Made a butterfly cake for a friend's daughter's band auction tonight...who knew cake decorating could be so exhausting?!?! Picture on facebook.

Night all

Good morning, ladies!! Happy Saturday!! :goodvibes
Lots of errands to do today. But, before that, I am meeting Michele for lunch at Panera Bread. They opened one down the street from me, and I've only been once a few years ago so I want to go back and check it out. After that, it's shop till I drop! Too bad it's only for necessities and nothing fun. Oh, well! Have a great day everyone!

Mmm, I love the soup in bread bowls from Panera. The bagels are great too!
Every month, after the director's meeting, they bring the left over bagels and cream cheese in to the break room for the other employees. It's always a mad dash to get one before they are gone. :rotfl:

It's been super busy at work. My co-worker (the one I can't stand) finally got fired. It's super hectic right now but will be so much better once I get some one trained.

Good morning, ladies!!

:rotfl:I guess all of the cool kids are over on FaceBook. I have been trying to be more active on the DIS this year....but it is like an echoing empty space on this thread.
Definitely. A ghost town here. Facebook is the place to be apparently!

This made me giggle.
Me, too. teehee

Made a butterfly cake for a friend's daughter's band auction tonight...who knew cake decorating could be so exhausting?!?! Picture on facebook.

Night all
It was so pretty! Great job!! I can't imagine how long it must've taken.

It's been super busy at work. My co-worker (the one I can't stand) finally got fired. It's super hectic right now but will be so much better once I get some one trained.
Glad she's gone!

What's a butterfly cake? :confused3
It's a cake she shaped like a butterfly and decorated all pretty.

What's a butterfly cake? :confused3

a cake, shaped like a butterfly. :) It is beautiful!!! :)

I had a great weekend, spent time with Cami, Sebastian and Josie, Jade and Cassidy went home with them. I had class last night, it went well, I stayed and danced for a few hours after. Got home and crashed. lol I worked from home yesterday, it's different but I enjoyed it. I'm in the office today, I have to transfer some stuff from the desktop to the laptop. No plans tonight, I think Micah and I might do something for dinner and then just be together at home. I just have to decide what to do for dinner, whether I want to cook or take him out. :) I do have a rest.com coupon for a really nice place in town, I just have to see if they are actually open tonight.

It's almost Easter, what's everyone doing?

Just wanted to say HI to everyone. :wave2:

Not much going on for me except work and the same ole, same ole. We are going to Palm Desert for Easter weekend and looking forward to some R&R.

The 6th annual trip started one month ago (tomorrow) which means we only have 11 months until the next one!

Amy and Beth - I for one appreciate you both keeping the thread going. :flower3:

Howdy all. My it is quite dead over here. But that's good cuz I can keep up that way LOL.

I had an eventful weekend. Thurs we had that cheer deal and as I said I had a bad migraine which turned into one of those week long ones. I made it to the cheer thing and then I had signed up to host an event with my single's group and then I was afraid I wasn't going to make it.

We met at a local mexican place for happy hour/dinner and then went and saw Olympus has Fallen. REALLY good movie and was glad I went. However my headache came back and woke up middle of the night and ended up in so much pain by saturday morning I was throwing up NOT fun! The girls were with Shane but I had to ask him to bring Katy home as my dog had surgery and I just couldn't deal with his pills and changing his dressing. Shelby had a b ball game that night at 8 which is really late if you ask me for jr high kids so luckily mom and dad were able to take her and then after all that the other team didn't show up.

Glad I rested on Sat as Sunday I had another group event. We went to daffodill hill and then onto black chasm cave. I had never been to daffodill hill and it was pretty but not as great as I thought it would have been. But it was fun to meet with all my friend's and their kiddos. WE had a picnic there and then headed to the caves. Met more new people from the group and enjoyed the cave.

Girls are on break of course and yesterday we just vegged and did chores after a super busy weekend and then today I had work. Have to take Cody to the vet tomorrow and then Thurs Shane and I are taking the girls to see Oz. Then meeting up with my group again to take the kids to Jelly Belly factory so looking forward to that.

We are headed over to mom's for easter and she is having her side of the family over that we don't see very often so I am looking forward to that.

And then next week swim starts so it is going to get CRAZY again. Have one more week of b ball for shelby and they both want to do track which also starts in April and then Katy starts having clinics for NEXT year's cheer starting in may. UGH.

Can't wait till my vacation in june!! :)

Night all

Your butterfly looks great. Any of mine look like the classic fails you see on pinterest or cake wreck.

Hurrah for fired less than desireable coworkers. Now be honest with me. Was there any pins in a voodoo doll involved with this firing?

Definitely. A ghost town here. Facebook is the place to be apparently!

Well, Beth, you love Halloween, so maybe a ghost town is your "thing". As long as you are here, I will have someone to quote!! Thanks to others who give me fodder to be my smart aleck self.

Not much going on for me except work and the same ole, same ole. We are going to Palm Desert for Easter weekend and looking forward to some R&R.

The 6th annual trip started one month ago (tomorrow) which means we only have 11 months until the next one!

Amy and Beth - I for one appreciate you both keeping the thread going. :flower3:

Thanks Linda. It is a new "thing" for me. But, I did find at the most recent meet...and hard to believe it was a whole month ago, that I knew no one. Okay, no one new. So, trying to rectify that this year.

And sadly, with working less...got the time.

Have fun in Palm Dessert, will be thinking of you. Feel free to text me any time if you need to comment....:blush:

It is Tuesday and not a lot going on. I did a housecall for a client as a favor to her...she hates the boss, so did not want him. I am so torn between doing the kind thing, and the total annoyance that I am donating my time and skills to make my boss money....and I will not get paid for my time. (not officially working.)

Sucks to have ethics and a heart, sometimes.

Have a super de duper Tuesday Lady Girls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter