DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

Before I lose the links - this is why I said that going with a scoop or V neck will limit our colors:

http://www.sanmar.com/sanmar-servlets/CatalogSearch?id=752348&prodimage=&swatch=Black&top=Y

http://www.sanmar.com/sanmar-servlets/CatalogSearch?id=6598863&prodimage=&swatch=Cactus Green&top=Y

Pretty slim pickins.

Fruit of the Loom has a new style that's slightly scooped with a decent selection of colors: http://www.sanmar.com/sanmar-servlets/CatalogSearch?id=8654984&prodimage=&top=Y&swatch=Purple

Well it was nice to see no orange :) So lets go with the V necks :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thank you Kerri that was sweet! And oh boy could you see 70 ladies wearing bright orange shirts and taupe leggings?? Egads we would look like we ALL were walking around with no pants. I'm envisioning a child's pageant at school you know big pumpkin with tights underneath. YIKES!! Skeery!!

And Lisa I agree with you for those of us with pasty white skin the neon colors would also be quite scary. We would glow with the shirts or show or whatever. ;)

Any committee that involves alcoholic beverages I need to be on.
Pencil me in as the VP. I can get personal Diva referrals/references if needed. :thumbsup2

Orange? I could do orange. I agree with no taupe.

Totally adding you Linda. Boy howdy is this going to be fun. And yet another orange enthusiast.

Well it was nice to see no orange :) So lets go with the V necks :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

BITE your Tongue little lady. ;)

And Lisa I agree with you for those of us with pasty white skin the neon colors would also be quite scary. We would glow with the shirts or show or whatever. ;)

Oh do not think of it that way. We would have very high visibility. Not much risk of being killed by hunters OR hit by oncoming traffic. See, 2 good things.

And, howz about when we ride the dark rides. Under some of the black lights---we would be rocking!!!!!!

I am so in for next year!! This year showed me a few things. #1. My kids drive me batty, so I really need to get away.;) #2. 2 days was NOT long enough! All I wanted to do was sleep! #3. If chippendales is a yearly thing, Im so flying into vegas the day before! :bitelip: and #4... If you dont drink that often, those drinks at the Mad T party are freaking STRONG!!!

(whispers) "I see dead (tree) people"... :rotfl2:

I'm all for a pub crawl as long as it includes the Cove Bar. LOL

Pub Crawl is more popular than sliced bread around here.

Woo hoo.

I did mention to you, Lisa, did I not, orange is mandatory to play.

For.Reals. I.Kid.You.Not.:cool1:

If I looked as cute as Noelle I would triple layer too. Unfortunately, I would end up looking like the Pillsbury Doughboy. (Seriously, has she thought about modeling? She is GORGEOUS.)
Aw, thanks. No, she's not into the whole hair/make-up thing. Standing around all fancied up would be her idea of a nightmare. My little tomboy. lol

Beth - I think I need an updated pic. Will send one later hopefully.
You got it, lady. :thumbsup2

Next you will be suggesting we ditch tiaras. Hummmmmpppphhhhhh! Like that is gonna happen.
Nope, never gonna happen. I will not allow it. Long live the tiara!

Okay: So far I think we have for the Pub Crawl

1) Stacie F. Leader
2) AmyOkraSue Attendee
3) Cheryl Attendee and legal counsel if needed
4) Capri Attendee
You need me to it. Oh, but I don't drink. Hmm. I could be Pub Crawl photographer. No one will remember it the next day so we'll need pics to prove it actually happened. ;)

Got it this time. Thanks, Roomie! Wait, no, apparently I still don't. I give up. Wait... it did work! Good grief this technology is totally beyond me.
:lmao: Reading this totally cracked me up.

Although, I do believe that AmyOkraSue would look spectacular in orange.
It would. You need that in your sig!

Of course your name can be in orange lights. And yep, I can hear it now...."Next, on the main stage of the champagne room, is Okra!!!!" Then the music breaks out into 'pour some sugar on me' or 'cherry pie' or something by white snake.
At MTP they played Pour Some Sugar on Me and all I could think was... the stripper song! Where are my ones?

Do you think a tiara would be too much?
A tiara is never too much. :thumbsup2

Before I lose the links - this is why I said that going with a scoop or V neck will limit our colors:

http://www.sanmar.com/sanmar-servlets/CatalogSearch?id=752348&prodimage=&swatch=Black&top=Y

http://www.sanmar.com/sanmar-servlets/CatalogSearch?id=6598863&prodimage=&swatch=Cactus Green&top=Y

Pretty slim pickins.

Fruit of the Loom has a new style that's slightly scooped with a decent selection of colors: http://www.sanmar.com/sanmar-servlets/CatalogSearch?id=8654984&prodimage=&top=Y&swatch=Purple

I like the scoop neck. I agree that the colors are limited, but man those crew necks feel so tight! lol I hate tight stuff around my neck, I never wear turtlenecks. lol

(whispers) "I see dead (tree) people"... :rotfl2:

I'm all for a pub crawl as long as it includes the Cove Bar. LOL
\

I'll go to the Cove with ya! :)

Thank you Kerri that was sweet! And oh boy could you see 70 ladies wearing bright orange shirts and taupe leggings?? Egads we would look like we ALL were walking around with no pants. I'm envisioning a child's pageant at school you know big pumpkin with tights underneath. YIKES!! Skeery!!

Sweet but true, beauty is inside and out and you have both. :)

Thank you again Kerri you are too kind!!

Amy yeah this is true. Some of our skin would be like other people's white shirts LOL. Or did you ever see the episode of Friends where Ross whitened his teeth LOL. Yup that bout covers it. ;)

I am so in for next year!! This year showed me a few things. #1. My kids drive me batty, so I really need to get away.;) #2. 2 days was NOT long enough! All I wanted to do was sleep! #3. If chippendales is a yearly thing, Im so flying into vegas the day before! :bitelip: and #4... If you dont drink that often, those drinks at the Mad T party are freaking STRONG!!!

It was so good to see you!

Those drinks are strong! I had one and then shared a 2nd with Cynthia on Friday night (during which we had a little encounter with DCA security :rolleyes1) and I was toasty! I skipped drinking on Saturday night. :lmao:

Whew, all caught up! There's so much to comment on.

It's from FB, from Cancun. I was updating and I thought it was such a pretty photo of you. It made me smile to see you looking so happy. If you don't like it, I'll change it back. :flower3:

I thought I recognized that photo, such a wonderful trip and great memories. I also noticed that I have a new photo too.

I am a big no for orange :crazy2:, unless it is Halloween and then it is acceptable. Love the flavor not the color. I will wear it though if it's required for a pub crawl then you could get me in just about anything!

I really like Melody's list for shirts. I am happy to have a reason to wear them again and again. But either way would work because wearing our favorite shirt on Sunday could be the pink or purple shirt so it will all work out.

I'm sure I missed something but I think I hit the big topics. Have a good weekend everyone.

I got it!!! The pub crawl should have orange shirts......we could make our own that says 1st annual diva pub crawl or 2014 pub crawl!
I'm totally in for the pub crawl!! I'll drink so that I don't care that I'm wearing orange!!!
I also would love the scoop neck t.....having made shirts this year I know v-necks don't work....but the scoop did.
Did we scare Mel away?? :(

#3. If chippendales is a yearly thing, Im so flying into vegas the day before! :bitelip:

It hasn't been, but we could call this year the first annual Diva trip kickoff the right way and go again next year. I'm sure we can talk Angie into it.......... She's cray-cray (and a whole lotta fun :banana: )

Doing some pub crawl research and have so far found that there are at least 16 places to get an adult beverage in DCA/DTD/Disney hotels.

Yep, 16. So, as I think further on this, I am thinking teams should have at least a beer drinker, and a wine drinker on them. I do not drink wine, but a brew goes down nicely.

I am also old and out of my drinking days by many many many years, so think 16 stops would prove to be a bit ambitious even if sharing the drinking responsibilty amongst a few team members.

My mind is racing with the fun of it all.

Orange. No reason, just want to keep the color on your collective minds.

grumpyvet said:
Doing some pub crawl research and have so far found that there are at least 16 places to get an adult beverage in DCA/DTD/Disney hotels.

Yep, 16. So, as I think further on this, I am thinking teams should have at least a beer drinker, and a wine drinker on them. I do not drink wine, but a brew goes down nicely.

I am also old and out of my drinking days by many many many years, so think 16 stops would prove to be a bit ambitious even if sharing the drinking responsibilty amongst a few team members.

My mind is racing with the fun of it all.

Orange. No reason, just want to keep the color on your collective minds.

Oooh....I think I just figured out how to quote from my phone!!

I don't drink beer, I do drink wine and mixed drinks......however my tolerance is VERY low....I'm a cheap date! So 3 should do me juuuust fine! ;) also financially speaking 16 places could get out of control!!

Orange....official color of the pub crawl....

Oooh....I think I just figured out how to quote from my phone!!

I don't drink beer, I do drink wine and mixed drinks......however my tolerance is VERY low....I'm a cheap date! So 3 should do me juuuust fine! ;) also financially speaking 16 places could get out of control!!

Orange....official color of the pub crawl....

Not sure how I will survive a pub crawl, in truth. I am more of a 3/4 bottle of a beer, and I am done kind of gal...

But..making plans.

For the fancy meal, nothing wrong with having two choices.
Except making people CHOOSE between the two! :lmao:
I would love to go to Blue Bayou; hate to waste the money on a trip with the kids, who order PB&J... :headache:
Also love Steakhouse 55...

\Just sayin - tie dye would be a FABULOUS choice and no way could we be missed............. :hippie:
II knew that would come up! :rotfl:

I agree about this 'issue'. After doing this thing for 6 years, I've stopped worrying about shirts. I just try to go for something in a similar hue if I already own it.
Me, too! There are many colors that don't favor my coloring, so I buy the shirt-of-the-year or try to match/coordinate in a similar shade. :thumbsup2

I am so in for next year!! This year showed me a few things. #1. My kids drive me batty, so I really need to get away.;) #2. 2 days was NOT long enough! All I wanted to do was sleep! #3. If chippendales is a yearly thing, Im so flying into vegas the day before! :bitelip:
Hmmmm, wonder how much a side trip to Vegas would add...? Sign me up with my roomie, Staley!

CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR'S TRIP!!!

I'm all in for a pub crawl. I don't drink beer, yuck, but add me for wine or mixed drinks.
Shirts, it's just one day, I can wear anything, well almost. I only prefer orange in October, and tye dye never. But I did wear it the one time.
I love my purple shirt, it's my favorite.
I quite possibly could see dead people if I have to much to drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter