DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

For the record, I was kidding around about the neon orange. I mean, I'd wear it, but I'm not really pushing for it. Just being silly with the girls. ;)

For the record, I was kidding around about the neon orange. I mean, I'd wear it, but I'm not really pushing for it. Just being silly with the girls. ;)

Yes I figure most of us are doing that. Way way to early to choose a colour.

Though I am totally enjoying the team Orange push ( or would that be team Orange Crush popcorn::

Sarah, can't wait to see you again!

Same here Carol!

Thanks for all the hellos! :yay:

Sarah---that would be so fun! Gosh doesnt that WDW trip seem like yesterday? It will be so fun to see Uncle Shirley again!

I know, right?!? It will be a great trip!

Oh oh oh....along with my collection of orange shirts, rest assured, I do indeed plan to pack pants!!!!

I sincerely appreciate this consecion!

I like you already.

Now seriously, how scary that your husband was shot in the line of duty. So lucky to come out alive, but tragic to be injured at all, and losing fingers is not a small thing.

I do hope you can make it. Join in and chat with us, and hopefully we will not frighten you away!!!

I agree! Glad he will be ok but scary! I hope his recovery goes well!

I wore my pink one when we had our family trip there last year. It's my favorite one. But, I like pink. ;)

I wear my pink one constantly...usually with the black zip up hoodie with the pirate design on it and today I wore the purple shirt to do pilates in! Mine get tons of use...but I must say the pink was my favorite! Mel you are so creative and I am so thankful for you and all your hard work!

I really liked the pink one. Pink is one of my favourite colours also. Baby pink is nice too.

Pink!

As to Orange, my son's school colors are orange and black...I bought one plain orange shirt to wear to sporting events. It's not my fav color but I would much rather have an orange Diva shirt to wear during the school year than that plain boring orange shirt I bought. I like most colors though so whatever is decided on is good with me (except white...that tink shirt is the one I don't wear because it's basically see through when I sweat! TMI?)

Hey Beth...where did you find that picture of me on the front page? It's from the Cancun trip if I'm not mistaken. Lol! It surprised me when I saw it but is probably a more accurate representation of me than the last one that was up from a few years ago!

Oh, and I would love a sparkly signature! Favorite character is Tink but my favorite thing is the parks...I love the rides (especially BTMR!) I also love palm trees. TIA!

TTYL!

SarahMay

Hello everyone :) I'm jumping in and introducing myself on the invite of My friend Grumpy Grandma (Linda) :wave2:
I've been wanting to do this Diva trip for a couple years now, as I find my family is waning in their Disney LOVE, but I am still longing for a taste of Disney once a yr, it seems! A girls only trip sounds amazing, a nice/ shortish getaway, but still lots of fun and an opportunity to make some new Dis friends! :thumbsup2

We have had a tragic week....my hubby is a Sheriff in Alberta, Canada, and he was shot last week in the line of duty, thankful he only lost a finger or two on his hand from the gunshot, and not his life. He is home and recovering now, but it will probably be a long recovery, and our plans are somewhat up in the air. We are taking things one day at a time and are now in what we call the recovery process ::yes::
All will be well in the end, as we are all together :goodvibes

I am hoping I can talk DH into letting me jump on board for 2014's trip. I am a WDW LOVER, but I have been wanting to get back to DL since 1990, when I first visited the mouse and fell in love :)
So....If all goes well, and I can swing it, I'd love to join the divas in 2014!

I live in Alberta, Canada. I have 2 boys: Josh who'll be 21 in June, and Andrew who just turned 17 yesterday. My sweet hubby has graciously allowed me two WDW trips without him -- one with Andrew in FEB2011, and one with both Andrew, Josh and my BFF just last OCT 2012. These where great fun, but I've been wanting to do a less expensive, gals only trip for a few yrs! Hoping this is the one :)
My next expected trip to WDW won't be until Jan/Feb 2015 for Andrew's graduation trip -- MY DH, myself,Andrew and his GF will be going on that trip. It will most likely be my last big WDW trip -- I can see dis diva trips becoming part of my future :lovestruc

As to shirt colours, if I can chime in as a newbie, LOL.....I love BRIGHT neon-ish colours! HOT PINK, ORANGE, LIME GREEN, Very BRIGHT BLUE ...those are all great, fun colours! As for dining, I am hoping to stay at DLH, and I've head SH55
Is amazing! I'm also interested in trying Blue Bayou

Would I be able to get one of those cute signatures?? I love Tink/ but there's a lot of people with Tink.....I also adore TIGGER :) he's my bouncy friend :) I love bling, so any way you want to create it is fine with me.....my name is Marie :flower3: thank you so much
I look forward to getting to know you all better!!! :goodvibes
Marie :flower3:

So glad to see you here my friend!!! :thumbsup2

Most printers have a mirror image that you click it will print the words backwards. A simple click then print :) Done it lots of time.

I would really like the purple castle one :) Pretty Pretty Pretty please. Also could I see a pic of the pink shirt blinged so when I figure it out I can try and bling it myself????

I really hate orange, do not own anything orange. I will respect all who love orange. If orange is the colour I will wear it because I am sure Mel can make any design look awesome on any colour shirt. So whatever the colour is no worries us Canadians are known to be peace keepers. So no complaints here :)

I agree I would LOVE the purple castle one too ..... pretty pretty pretty please with a cherry on top!!! Maybe if I could get the image I could figure out how to do the iron on transfer thing?????

Also just wanted to post so that you all could see my cute new Marie .... I love her!!!

Holy Moly...my gleeful Orange escapades have a title. The Orange Crush...or Orange Push up. No, the latter sounds more like a bra, than a movement.

I am thinking that I can wear orange on pink day since I was promised last year at some point when the shirt plan was made that pink would be only one more year.

LLPOF. (that would be liar liar pants on fire :)). My pink one is in the donation bag in a bin on it's way to AmVets, so no pink for me.

I hope I get front row center for any pictures that involve the pink shirts so I can be spotted. Of course the orange might clash a wee. But I am FINE with making a spectacle of myself. Muhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

But I WILL be wearing pants.

Didn't we say we needed more drink pit stops next year!!!:drinking1
We should make having a drink part of the Scavenger Hunt, I'd be willing to drink for anyone on my team that doesn't want to, just to be helpful:rolleyes1

It was great spending time on the trip and thanks but I'm not as crazy as Angie. She had me laughing forever.

Angie is cray-cray, as my kids would say! lol But, we love her that way.
Thanks ladies, I'm not that crazy!

Just sayin - tie dye would be a FABULOUS choice and no way could we be missed............. :hippie:
I was wondering how long it would take for tie dye to be mentioned.

Hello everyone :) I'm jumping in and introducing myself on the invite of My friend Grumpy Grandma (Linda) :wave2:
Welcome Marie, we need more Canadians in the group. Sorry about your hubby.

I'm happy with whatever the group decides on as far as shirts.

Count me in for next year! Still feeling sad I missed out this year. I will not make the same mistake next year. Work-it will just have to get by without me!!!!

As for shirts...I'm open to anything. I'm definately a go with the flow kind-of person. Same goes for food. I just want to be in DL with my DIVA friends :thumbsup2

Alcohol would make a certain ambience to the scavy hunt that would surely step up the hilarity.

Perhaps a night/evening "pub crawl" could be planned. :thumbsup2

Wearing orange jumpsuits of course! :rotfl2:

I love your enthusiasm, Linda.....but I am thinking jumpsuits might be a bit tricky with the increased need for the bathroom that occurs with imbibing. For this event, I believe an Orange t shirt would suffice. If you must...orange pants are optional.

Not discouraged, just consider your own bladder when making these vital decisions.

Only gone a few hours and got to catch up on 5 pages. Lol.
tinkermell said:
For newbies who are interested, I think with someone's help, (LOL) that we could send you the pink DisDivaland image and the Carsland one. But the image has to opposite in order for the words to come out right. No clue on how to do that. :confused3
Yay I would really live to get the DisDIvaland on a shirt. I should have ordered one last time but It didn't even cross my mind.

grumpyvet said:
Psssssttttttt.....orange comes in neon

If not, we could carry mirrors so anyone interested could see the image correctly.:rotfl2:

:rotfl2: I could see it now Oooo here's a mirror miss so you can see the words across my shirt. Can you read it now? :rotfl2:

chimo2u said:

We have had a tragic week....my hubby is a Sheriff in Alberta, Canada, and he was shot last week in the line of duty, thankful he only lost a finger or two on his hand from the gunshot, and not his life. He is home and recovering now, but it will probably be a long recovery...

I am hoping I can talk DH into letting me jump on board for 2014's trip. I am a WDW LOVER, but I have been wanting to get back to DL since 1990, when I first visited the mouse.....:
Hi Marie. Nice to meet you. I'm vanessa. Welcome to the boards.

Belle1997 said:
Most printers have a mirror image that you click it will print the words backwards. A simple click then print :) Done it lots of time.

I would really like the purple castle one :) Pretty Pretty Pretty please. Also could I see a pic of the pink shirt blinged so when I figure it out I can try and bling it myself????

I really hate orange, do not own anything orange. I will respect all who love orange. If orange is the colour I will wear it because I am sure Mel can make any design look awesome on any colour shirt. So whatever the colour is no worries us Canadians are known to be peace keepers. So no complaints here :)

Lol. Yay for mirror imaging. When you figure out how to bling your let me know so I can do mine.

mommaU4 said:
As I said before, I'm easy going with the shirts. It's just a shirt. I'm fine with anything.
Although.... I'm kinda digging on the orange now. For reals. :scratchin

Yay for the creamcicle orange.

mommaU4 said:
It's okay, these things happen. We've got you down as pro-orange. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2:

debbiedoo said:
So my dd and I are talking about ideas for name tags. Her idea is to Make huge glitter ones and put on our butts. ROFL. I told her NO way.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

DisneyStitch626 said:
Here are everyones sigs that asked for them. Hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, please message me. :goodvibes

Yay thank you. I love it.

DisneyStitch626 said:
No problem Kelly, I can make one for you. :) To add it to your signature, you want to right click on the image once I have posted it and "copy image location". Then go into Edit Signature and click on the "insert image" icon (little yellow picture with mountains thats above the text box) and hit paste in the available box.

I hope that explains it clearly enough, as it's hard to type out instructions like that, lol.

Glad she asked for instructions because tht was my next question.

mommaU4 said:

; )

BC Disney Lover said:
We should make having a drink part of the Scavenger Hunt, I'd be willing to drink for anyone on my team that doesn't want to, just to be helpful:rolleyes1
Angie!!!!! Drinks all around.

You might be a little cray cray!!

I liked the idea of tie dye especially with the orange color shirts.

Holy Moly...my gleeful Orange escapades have a title. The Orange Crush...or Orange Push up. No, the latter sounds more like a bra, than a movement.

Ooooh, orange bras sound AWESOME!

I am thinking that I can wear orange on pink day since I was promised last year at some point when the shirt plan was made that pink would be only one more year.

LLPOF. (that would be liar liar pants on fire :)). My pink one is in the donation bag in a bin on it's way to AmVets, so no pink for me.

I think it was two years of "wearing pink for just one year" :thumbsup2 It was originally just the one year, then the "compromise" of last year, now it's sneaking in there again......... I vote for orange or lime green every day - throw in the tie dye and I'm happy, happy, happy :dance3:

Cause you're just NICE like that, Angie. Truly.

*cough - liar - cough*

Well, it is very popular, so it had to happen sooner rather than later. Let's be real. And I agree - we needs more Canadians :upsidedow

I could say a lot more on the "t-shirt issue", but it's truthfully not worth it to me. It's not about the colors in any way - never was. I'm okay with any color (and I for one LOVED the gray shirts). It's not at all that people don't like the shirts either - not true. I think they're beautiful. We've had that discussion, ad nauseum, and we did come to a compromise that now seems to be thrown away. Am I happy about that? No. Does anyone really care? I'm going to go with no on that one too. Will I wear the pink shirt again? Maybe, maybe not. Who really cares?

A red shirt would be easy to spot as well...when I was watching for shirt colors for my daughters school, red really stands out.

I REALLY liked it when everyone had their shirts on, especially as a newbie. It was nice to be able to spot a Diva! I LOVED this years shirt!!!

While red really stands out, I fear I'll look like this
25znhmq.jpg

So does that mean we will not be recycling the martini glass shirt?

:thumbsup2 mine still fits...

Okay, here I am being a dissenter on the whole "let's wear the same shirts every year. Year after year after year".

I am not a fan of the plan for a two reasons:

1) Looking at my pictures from a couple years. Hard to tell which year it is since always wearing the same clothes. Was that 2012 or 13, dunno, all in the same color again.

2). Some of us, well, me, not a fan of the whole retro vibe. One year...okay I will buy it even if it is pink...but do not want to fill my closet with shirts I will not wear. I did wear my black one until it fell apart, and my brown as well. So, I will not be ordering or trying to get the shirts I do not own. Lets do something NEW.

And of course, I can wear a matching other type of shirt. Absolutely. On turquoise shirt day, I had a polo on that matches so well, in the group pics, unless you look closely, would not notice I have something else on.

I own a purple polo too, so that could solve my no purple diva shirt dilemma. Easy peasy, and I likely have a polo to match whatever color is chosen this year.

I think some other bright colors would be the bomb. Grey did not work, but I did make some new friends when I chatted up some grey garbed women not in the group.

Just my opinion. And I know it is not a popular one.

But as my Grandma always said, "Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one". And that is mine.

Ditto.

So am I correct in assuming you want to wear orange?

Hello and welcome Marie. How scary for your husband and family. I hope he is ok. But all I can think of is which fingers???? No more pinky promise? Or no more fonzies?

:lmao: If I had been drinking anything while reading this, it would have ended up all over my screen.

I like orange way more than pink, so I'd be in for it.

I think it was two years of "wearing pink for just one year" :thumbsup2 It was originally just the one year, then the "compromise" of last year, now it's sneaking in there again......... I vote for orange or lime green every day - throw in the tie dye and I'm happy, happy, happy :dance3:

I could say a lot more on the "t-shirt issue", but it's truthfully not worth it to me. It's not about the colors in any way - never was. I'm okay with any color (and I for one LOVED the gray shirts). It's not at all that people don't like the shirts either - not true. I think they're beautiful. We've had that discussion, ad nauseum, and we did come to a compromise that now seems to be thrown away. Am I happy about that? No. Does anyone really care? I'm going to go with no on that one too. Will I wear the pink shirt again? Maybe, maybe not. Who really cares?

Lime green would be awesome!

I agree about this 'issue'. After doing this thing for 6 years, I've stopped worrying about shirts. I just try to go for something in a similar hue if I already own it, otherwise I stick out like a sore thumb in group photos (Enough princess pics to last a lifetime....but that's a whole other can of worms).
How much easier it is for you to see me, my dear!

oh and to be frank, I think we've discussed everything ad nauseum. Sometimes I think we've planned ourselves to death.

Good morning, lovely ladies!! TGIF!! :cool1: It's a cool, rainy day and I am loving it. Makes me a happy girl. It should rain every day, then I'd be less *****y and more happy. ;) Just kidding.

Hey Beth...where did you find that picture of me on the front page? It's from the Cancun trip if I'm not mistaken. Lol! It surprised me when I saw it but is probably a more accurate representation of me than the last one that was up from a few years ago!
It's from FB, from Cancun. I was updating and I thought it was such a pretty photo of you. It made me smile to see you looking so happy. If you don't like it, I'll change it back. :flower3:

I need an Orange Push Up. Desperately.

Yes. Yes, you are. But, we do not want it any other way. Your crazy entertains us. Immensely. Don't ever stop.

Count me in for next year! Still feeling sad I missed out this year. I will not make the same mistake next year. Work-it will just have to get by without me!!!!
Heck yes they will. We won't let you miss it again!

Wearing orange jumpsuits of course! :rotfl2:
:lmao:

I love your enthusiasm, Linda.....but I am thinking jumpsuits might be a bit tricky with the increased need for the bathroom that occurs with imbibing.
That's what makes it awesome. I don't drink, so I can stand back and watch all the tipsy ladies trying to undo their jumpsuits before they pee their pants. :rotfl2: I need some form of entertainment. ;)

I vote for orange or lime green every day - throw in the tie dye and I'm happy, happy, happy :dance3:
Why pick just one?? We can layer like my daughter does:
303716_10150283263394011_2606795_n_zps97173950.jpg

Be nice, that's my baby girl in that photo. She rocks the neon colors like no one else can. :goodvibes

Have a good day, ladies!! I'm off to run some errands and enjoy this wet weather! :cool1:

oh and to be frank, I think we've discussed everything ad nauseum. Sometimes I think we've planned ourselves to death.

You think we're over-planners :scratchin

Be nice, that's my baby girl in that photo. She rocks the neon colors like no one else can. :goodvibes

THAT'S what I'm going to do. Just change out the top one every day. Problemo solved!!! Good thinking, Noelle. OK, for sure I won't look as cute as her and those neon colors will enhance my natural ghostly paleness, but it's all good :thumbsup2

*gasp* Cristabel! I'm going to pretend you did not say that. :sad2:

Be still your princess-photo luvin heart princess: :flower3:

:lmao:

That's what makes it awesome. I don't drink, so I can stand back and watch all the tipsy ladies trying to undo their jumpsuits before they pee their pants. :rotfl2: I need some form of entertainment. ;)

Your daughter is so pretty .... she can rock anything!!!! Now just picture 60+ Divas trying out that look??? :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter