DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

Ladies, this is the reason for the tee shirt idea. We are already having issues over them.

If we go with something like this, then we don't have to through this year after year, and try to find a color we all like for Saturday.
Last year was a mess, and then we picked gray to compromise.

I was given a idea, and thought it was great.
I was just trying to figure something out.
I was not trying to go behind people's backs.
I was just asking for opinions while on the trip.
A new plan was not set in motion while on the trip.
Nothing is set in stone.

I just thought it was a good idea, and presented it to all of you now.
That is why I said, "I hope you all like it."

I was just trying to help.

For the record. I like orange and V necks too.

We do go through this year after year, and I was just voicing my opinion. Mine is no more important than anyone else's. I go with what is agreed upon. I do not plan/participate in a committee/ design t shirts, so do not feel I get much of a say.

BUT since I do wear clothes in the park, figured I could speak out.

Did not intend offense.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: That would be hilarious!

Orange every day would make it easy. You could be on to something.

I like bright orange, almost florescent. Think 80's. If you cannot find the other members of the Diva group when we are in bright orange, you need to schedule an appointment with an optometrist. ;)
Bright colors are back in style. I should know. I saw them at Walmart. :laughing:

I was thinking WAY orange too. Pumpkin like.

That's why I was wondering if printing out the designs on iron-on transfers would work for those who are missing previous shirts.

I love the idea of getting a copy of the prior shirts and then using an iron-on transfer! My only problem is I don't know how to do it but ..... I do have an expert who only lives about 5 miles from me!!! :rotfl2:

Right now my clothes consist of stretchy pants and t-shirts decorated with spit up. So,yeah...I will wear just about anything haha.

Sounds Hott!!!!!!!!

I love the idea of getting a copy of the prior shirts and then using an iron-on transfer! My only problem is I don't know how to do it but ..... I do have an expert who only lives about 5 miles from me!!! :rotfl2:

We talked about this in DCA, didn't we? I have mad iron on skills myself.

Yes, we ate a BB the year we had the martini glass t-shirts. That I am sure of. I sat at the end of the table.

On a side note I took the tour welcome to Disneyland and I enjoyed it. Great for many who do not know Disneyland very well. The nice thing is we got lots of fast passes that could be used anytime that day. And a choice of a VIP viewing spot. A pin which I lost at space mountain, a nice lanyard. A couple of rides. So for $20.00 it was worth the 2.5 hours tour.

Now I have been checking out how to bling shirts. Waiting for Mel's video on hints and tips to make the shirts look beautiful. Though I think Mel is much more creative than moi.

Also maybe we can look at making buttons for Name tags? I found that by the end of the trip many were not using their Lanyard name tags. Also it was really hard to see the names since you talk to a person face to face and their name is at belly button. You could just make a logo with space to either write the name in permanent marker or clear labels. We could do both too. So for those who hate buttons could still use lanyard.

I found it really hard to remember each person's name and when the shirts were all grey impossible.

It is much harder with a bigger group to learn everyone's name. Or we could keep it simple and all get I'm celebrating Buttons says Dis Diva's 2014 :)

Also maybe we can look at making buttons for Name tags? I found that by the end of the trip many were not using their Lanyard name tags. Also it was really hard to see the names since you talk to a person face to face and their name is at belly button. You could just make a logo with space to either write the name in permanent marker or clear labels. We could do both too. So for those who hate buttons could still use lanyard.

I found it really hard to remember each person's name and when the shirts were all grey impossible.

It is much harder with a bigger group to learn everyone's name. Or we could keep it simple and all get I'm celebrating Buttons says Dis Diva's 2014 :)

It is hard to catch names, and harder to reconcile the person's username with actual name. At least, for me.

I wore my lanyard everyday...but had another lanyard and camera around my neck much of the time as well, so likely not helpful for seeing it, huh?

It is great for finding others when we are all in a bright color and in a group or at least 2...then can be spotted.

Can I get the Pirate image? Please? :) And I agree with the necklines, I much prefer a deeper scoop or v-neck. More comfortable. :)

Sure - PM me your e-mail and I'll send it to you ;-)

That would be awesome.

Sent!!

So you're saying because the shirts were gray, you couldn't remember the names? If the shirts were blue, it would have been easier somehow????? :upsidedow LOL

Just sayin - tie dye would be a FABULOUS choice and no way could we be missed............. :hippie:

Sent!!

So you're saying because the shirts were gray, you couldn't remember the names? If the shirts were blue, it would have been easier somehow????? :upsidedow LOL

Just sayin - tie dye would be a FABULOUS choice and no way could we be missed............. :hippie:

Could I also get the pirate image?

Theresa, you are genius.

I now am altering my t shirt color list.

Thursday: Blaze orange
Friday: Pumpkin orange
Saturday: Neon Orange
Sunday: Tie dye. Since I made my own when we did a tie dye day, totally could do an orange themed one.pixiedust:

Oh, I am going to look ever so festive next year. :joker::joker::joker:

grumpyvet said:
I am thinking that I might wear orange every day. Easy to match my accessories if I only bring one color. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I would be easy to spot. Unlike you, I was thinking a traffic cone (to go with Carlsand) or blaze/jumpsuit orange.

But that is just me.

I can see it now:

Thursday: Orange.
Fri; Orange
Sat: Orange
Sun; Orange.

I could even wear orange on Wednesday, but I will be at work, so no one would get my joke.

Orange, tangerine, cantalope, peach, orangey red, reddish orange.

Oh good golly the options are endless, I tell you!!!!!!

Hahahaha. I'm liking the idea of orange every day. I'm gonna stick with cantaloupe and peach.
;)
mommaU4 said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: That would be hilarious!

Orange every day would make it easy. You could be on to something.

I like bright orange, almost florescent. Think 80's. If you cannot find the other members of the Diva group when we are in bright orange, you need to schedule an appointment with an optometrist. ;)
Bright colors are back in style. I should know. I saw them at Walmart. :laughing:
Walmart where so many fashion choices are given to us each season and they are usually kept up to trend. ;) I like fluorescent orange.

Belle1997 said:
Now I have been checking out how to bling shirts. Waiting for Mel's video on hints and tips to make the shirts look beautiful. Though I think Mel is much more creative than moi.

Also maybe we can look at making buttons for Name tags? You could just make a logo with space to either write the name in permanent marker or clear labels. We could do both too. So for those who hate buttons could still use lanyard.

I like the button idea. I wonder where you could get a a button maker from? I've always wanted one. And I would def. love to see Mel's video on how to bling. :) :)

Sent!!

ROFL. Well if I did not know they were from Dis. I never found them during the grey day. So I guess the answer is yes, since I never had to worry about their name. Now is that not confusing :rotfl:

I like the button idea. I wonder where you could get a a button maker from? I've always wanted one. And I would def. love to see Mel's video on how to bling. :) :)

Maybe Michael's.

We had buttons made a few years ago to honor our Diva, Dawn, who died of the flu. Used Zazzle, and in bulk, were about .80 a button. Luckily the group was smaller, otherwise it would have been cost prohibitive.

Could make one with a blank spot to sharpie in.

ROFL. Well if I did not know they were from Dis. I never found them during the grey day. So I guess the answer is yes, since I never had to worry about their name. Now is that not confusing :rotfl:

I must admit I had to read this twice and still I was a wee confused.

ORANGE, it is what will be in my suitcase!!!!

Could I also get the pirate image?

Sure, just PM me you e-mail ;-)

Theresa, you are genius.

This is SOOOO true, Amy :thumbsup2 Why doesn't everybody remember this all the time?????

Walmart where so many fashion choices are given to us each season and they are usually kept up to trend. ;) I like fluorescent orange.

I luvs the fluorescent orange - combine that with tie dye and winner winner, tie dye dinner (or tie dye cheesecake?????)

Could make one with a blank spot to sharpie in.

..... or we could just get the I'm Celebrating buttons from City Hall and have them Sharpie in the name. That's what we did the first trip I went on :thumbsup2

Oh oh oh....along with my collection of orange shirts, rest assured, I do indeed plan to pack pants!!!!

Belle1997 said:
Yes, we ate a BB the year we had the martini glass t-shirts. That I am sure of. I sat at the end of the table.

On a side note I took the tour welcome to Disneyland and I enjoyed it. Great for many who do not know Disneyland very well. The nice thing is we got lots of fast passes that could be used anytime that day. And a choice of a VIP viewing spot. A pin which I lost at space mountain, a nice lanyard. A couple of rides. So for $20.00 it was worth the 2.5 hours tour.

Glitter name tags would be awesome! Get foam letters and you cn add glitter to them. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am thinking that I might wear orange every day. Easy to match my accessories if I only bring one color. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I would be easy to spot. Unlike you, I was thinking a traffic cone (to go with Carlsand) or blaze/jumpsuit orange.

But that is just me.

I can see it now:

Thursday: Orange.
Fri; Orange
Sat: Orange
Sun; Orange.

I could even wear orange on Wednesday, but I will be at work, so no one would get my joke.

Orange, tangerine, cantalope, peach, orangey red, reddish orange.

Oh good golly the options are endless, I tell you!!!!!!

So am I correct in assuming you want to wear orange?

I'd be careful about that...I've seen pajama pants and no bra wearing ladies at walmart.

We talked about this in DCA, didn't we? I have mad iron on skills myself.

Yes you do!

Buttons might be nice. I forgot my lanyard this year, but usually I only wear it part of the trip anyway. It irritates me to have something around my neck for that long. And honestly, wearing buttons or anything else to draw attention to my chest is not on my list of top things to to.

Theresa, you are genius.

I now am altering my t shirt color list.

Thursday: Blaze orange
Friday: Pumpkin orange
Saturday: Neon Orange
Sunday: Tie dye. Since I made my own when we did a tie dye day, totally could do an orange themed one.pixiedust:

Oh, I am going to look ever so festive next year. :joker::joker::joker:

so will you be doing my tie dye shirt for me? I am non crafty remember.

But as my Grandma always said, "Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one". And that is mine.

Your grandma was niceer than mine. She says a similar thing, but with words that would be censored here on the DIS.

It was Jazz Kitchen I tells ya!

I remember, all of us sitting downstairs on a big long table. I either remember meeting your friend Cathy or Callie's friend, and I looked at their tag, and they had no screen name. And then I said something stupid like, oh you are not on the DIS. I didn't mean it to be "mean" but I think some people thought that. I was just trying to connect the faces with their screen names. Anyways, I will never forget the location because of that.

Doesn't anyone else remember that?
Please?

If not, then I am getting really old. :worried:

Yes, we did Jazz Kitchen the first night. Very long meal. And we also did BB that year too. Must have been more free with my cash back then since I did both meals.

The first year, we did eat at the Jazz Kitchen on Thursday night? There was a gang of us, and service was so slow that it cured me of attending any other group meals EVER!!! I remember I sat next to Cheryl and across from Cristabel....but no one else at the meal.

Oh, I am OLD.

There was a BB lunch since I remember leaving the group I was touring with and went over to DCA and rode ToT 11 times in a row while they were eating there. That was, I think, Friday. Before the VIP tour.

Sad you do not remember me at that meal.

The problem with a different neckline is that when you get into the "fashion" tees, you cut back the color choices and size options. Also, a V-neck would not have worked with either the castle or the Divaland designs without moving the design down which then calls attention to the belly region which, for some, is not where we want people to be looking. :rotfl2:

Creative stretching would help with the neck line issue.

Free is the BEST PRICE EVER ::yes::

Damn skippy!!!

So am I correct in assuming you want to wear orange?

I might want to. Are you with me? Solidarity in orange. That sounds odd, like a gang. Orange does not seem to be a gang color.

I'd be careful about that...I've seen pajama pants and no bra wearing ladies at walmart.

Do you think we all could wear pajama pants and slippers into DL? Oh, next year will have a different theme than redneck. My bad.

Buttons might be nice. I forgot my lanyard this year, but usually I only wear it part of the trip anyway. It irritates me to have something around my neck for that long. And honestly, wearing buttons or anything else to draw attention to my chest is not on my list of top things to to.

Some of us need something to draw attention to our chests, just sayin'.

so will you be doing my tie dye shirt for me? I am non crafty remember.

I will if you will buy me a drink if we ever make it all of the way to Trader Sam's.

Your grandma was niceer than mine. She says a similar thing, but with words that would be censored here on the DIS.

I say it your Grandma's way too. I grew up in a family where the word "fart" was considered offensive and swearing.

Yes, we did Jazz Kitchen the first night. Very long meal. And we also did BB that year too. Must have been more free with my cash back then since I did both meals.

We did a character breakfast too that year. Man, I am poor now in comparison.

Sad you do not remember me at that meal.

And, actually pretty darn hard to believe. For. Reals.

Damn skippy!!!

I am always so surprised what gets throught the censor and what does not. You can say "damn", but not "***" or "****s". Is that right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter