DIS Divas Just Wanna Have Fun! (TR starts on p.22) Updated 4/14

Sorry I started posting to this thread last week and then Stacielee and her DD arrived and never got back to it.

Anyway, hi everyone, I'm Cheryl and I attended the first Dis Divas trip last year. (I have since had numerous "mini-meets" with some of the ladies I met on that trip.)

I actually live 15 minutes from Disneyland and have a premium annual pass and try to go as much as I can (but sadly, not as much as I would like to). I am not married, don't have kids but have two extremely spoiled cats. I do like kids--and sometimes brings friends' kids with me on excursions to Disneyland (or when we went and saw the Tinkerbelle movie). I'm also having a friend's daughter over in a couple of weeks to make Valentine's Day cookies!

This is me--with a friend

DisneyBirthday2008010.jpg

These are my two cats, first Chase

DisneyBirthday2008148.jpg

and Raja

DisneyBirthday2008151.jpg

I am a real estate attorney, who mostly works with shopping centers (leases). I had been dating someone for three years, but he and I broke up between Thanksgiving and Christmas (but don't be sad for me--it was a good thing :thumbsup2 )

I also participate in a Red Hat Society group, and am the Philanthropy co-chair of a group called Charter 100--a group of women whose primary aim started out being networking but has morphed into more of a charitable mission of providing scholarships to single moms who have gone back to college to better their family's lives. However, the best part about Charter 100 is that we have an "in" and every year we take a group of single parents (not just moms) and their kids to Disneyland and start out with a delish buffet breakfast at Club 33!! In fact, it was on the first Club 33 trip that my love of Disney was re-sparked, and well, here I am!

Since I'm the philanthropy co-chair I have to go, don't ya know? and this year I'm also bringing my Mom, who as some of you know has had a lot of medical challenges the last few years.

I have also recently become a DVC member, buying first an interest in Saratoga Springs in Orlando (took my first trip--with Mom--last November) and now the Grand Californian (which was my ultimate goal!) I have a couple of trips planned to Florida this year but we'll see if they actually pan out.

So, that's the short and sweet about toocherie! Looking forward to meeting all of you that I haven't met before and looking forward to seeing familiar faces too!

Cheryl

Drool will do that to a laptop!:goodvibes
Sure, now you tell me. :sad2:

I avoid our dinosaur of a desktop as much as I can.
:rotfl: Dinosaur is exactly right. LOL

Sorry I'm also having a friend's daughter over in a couple of weeks to make Valentine's Day cookies!

Oooooh, I wanna make cookies too!! :hyper:
LOL Hi Cheryl, love your pic and your kitties. So cute. And I'm so jealous that you live so close and you get to go to Club 33 so often!! :p
I'm super excited that this trip will be my first time there. :cool1: I can't wait.......oh, but I'm getting ahead of myself. That's not until Day Four. ;)

Cheryl, your kitties are cute!
I also dig the pic of you and Dale.

I didn't know what an awesome job you do at helping others!:flower3:

I also participate in a Red Hat Society group, and am the Philanthropy co-chair of a group called Charter 100--a group of women whose primary aim started out being networking but has morphed into more of a charitable mission of providing scholarships to single moms who have gone back to college to better their family's lives. However, the best part about Charter 100 is that we have an "in" and every year we take a group of single parents (not just moms) and their kids to Disneyland and start out with a delish buffet breakfast at Club 33!! In fact, it was on the first Club 33 trip that my love of Disney was re-sparked, and well, here I am!

Since I'm the philanthropy co-chair I have to go, don't ya know? and this year I'm also bringing my Mom, who as some of you know has had a lot of medical challenges the last few years.

Cheryl

I had no idea you were involved in such a group. Thats awesome.

I love the plans you guys have so far & that candy buffet is a great idea!!!!
You guys are going to have so much FUN!!!!!!!

Sorry I started posting to this thread last week and then Stacielee and her DD arrived and never got back to it.

Anyway, hi everyone, I'm Cheryl and I attended the first Dis Divas trip last year. (I have since had numerous "mini-meets" with some of the ladies I met on that trip.)

I actually live 15 minutes from Disneyland and have a premium annual pass and try to go as much as I can (but sadly, not as much as I would like to). I am not married, don't have kids but have two extremely spoiled cats. I do like kids--and sometimes brings friends' kids with me on excursions to Disneyland (or when we went and saw the Tinkerbelle movie). I'm also having a friend's daughter over in a couple of weeks to make Valentine's Day cookies!

I am a real estate attorney, who mostly works with shopping centers (leases). I had been dating someone for three years, but he and I broke up between Thanksgiving and Christmas (but don't be sad for me--it was a good thing :thumbsup2 )

I have also recently become a DVC member, buying first an interest in Saratoga Springs in Orlando (took my first trip--with Mom--last November) and now the Grand Californian (which was my ultimate goal!) I have a couple of trips planned to Florida this year but we'll see if they actually pan out.

So, that's the short and sweet about toocherie! Looking forward to meeting all of you that I haven't met before and looking forward to seeing familiar faces too!

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl, I never knew all that good stuff, so thanks for posting it. Really interesting about charter 100. Do you only sponsor single Mom's in California? Also, I knew you were an attorney, but a not a real estate attorney. :thumbsup2 Just the gal that a real estate broker like me needs to know:)

Beautiful kitties, and love your other friend too!

Looking forward to meeting you in not too much time at all.
Tracey

Hi Cheryl, I never knew all that good stuff, so thanks for posting it. Really interesting about charter 100. Do you only sponsor single Mom's in California? Also, I knew you were an attorney, but a not a real estate attorney. :thumbsup2 Just the gal that a real estate broker like me needs to know:)

Beautiful kitties, and love your other friend too!

Looking forward to meeting you in not too much time at all.
Tracey

Hi Tracey: our main scholarship program is at a community college in Irvine, California (Irvine Valley College). If the scholars go on to a four-year college and/or graduate program we continue some support until they graduate (so some have gone on to UC Irvine and Cal State Fullerton and we have continued to support them). But they have to start at Irvine Valley College. It's a small program, but part of what we also do is include the scholars in our quarterly lunch programs--in some ways I think this is even more valuable than the money they get (although I'm sure at the time they don't think so) because it exposes them to professional women, the business world, places they have probably never been, and ideas they have probably never thought of.

Cheryl

Hi Tracey: our main scholarship program is at a community college in Irvine, California (Irvine Valley College). If the scholars go on to a four-year college and/or graduate program we continue some support until they graduate (so some have gone on to UC Irvine and Cal State Fullerton and we have continued to support them). But they have to start at Irvine Valley College. It's a small program, but part of what we also do is include the scholars in our quarterly lunch programs--in some ways I think this is even more valuable than the money they get (although I'm sure at the time they don't think so) because it exposes them to professional women, the business world, places they have probably never been, and ideas they have probably never thought of.

Cheryl

That is awesome!

I had no idea you were involved in such a group. Thats awesome.
I didn't either but I'm not surprised. Cheryl is always going out of her way to do things to help others. :goodvibes

I love the plans you guys have so far & that candy buffet is a great idea!!!!
You guys are going to have so much FUN!!!!!!!
Thanks. I think it's going to be a great time! I've wanted to try the candy buffet for awhile so I'm so excited about that. Plus, who doesn't love candy?? :goodvibes

I'm lagging on this TR!! So I thought I'd post a quick over view of what's up next.
Friday will be Day Two and our first official day in the parks. Lots of things going on today. Hopefully no one is too hung over from the jello shots the night before. LOL

First up, I'm planning to go to the Princess Fantasy Faire. I love it there. More then my kids! They usually moan and groan about going there, so I thought it would be fun to get a few of the ladies, who ever is interested, in heading over there in the morning for some photos. Who knows, we might even have to buy ourselves a tiara or some princess ears to wear. princess:

After that I was thinking it would be nice to go as a group to ride It's a Small World since we'll be right next to it already. I haven't been on it since it re-opened and I'm excited to see the changes!

Some of the ladies will be on the VIP Tour this day and they have a fun itinerary planned for them to enjoy. But since I've opted not to do that, I'll probably just be wandering the park, soaking up the atmosphere and hitting some rides, (gotta do HM!) until time for lunch at the Blue Bayou.
That is one I'm really looking forward to!! I haven't eaten there for probably 15 years and I could never afford to with my family of six (can you imagine the bill???? :faint: ), so I'm eager to try it on this trip. :hyper:

After lunch will be some more park time. We didn't want to schedule every second of every day, so we'll just be hanging out hitting the rides until dinner.
We have reservations at Carnation Cafe that evening. There were so many of us that wanted to eat there, about 30 ladies, that we had to break it down into four time slots. But it all worked out and I am looking forward to some Baked Potato soup! ::yes::

Once dinner is over for everyone, we have a special tour planned. One of the ladies, Cheryl/toocherie has arranged for us to have a private tour of the new Grand Californian DVC villas. Yay! Thanks Cheryl.
There will be a Q&A time, as well as some Disney provided snacks and drinks. I can't wait. Not sure when in my lifetime I'll be able to afford DVC, lol, but I'm so excited to see what it's going to look like and learn more about it.

So that's basically it for the first park day. I can't wait. I'm really pleased with the plans so far and the way it's all turning out. Each day we have a nice mix of down time and planned activities, so it's worked out perfect.

Sounds like a perfect 1st day to me.
I :love: the Blue Bayou. Our food was great in Dec.
This VIP tour that some of the girls are taking....what's it going to be? Is it through DL?
I bet the villas at the Grand Californian will be spectacular. I really enjoyed our stay there in Dec!

Sounds like a perfect 1st day to me.
I :love: the Blue Bayou. Our food was great in Dec.
This VIP tour that some of the girls are taking....what's it going to be? Is it through DL?
I bet the villas at the Grand Californian will be spectacular. I really enjoyed our stay there in Dec!
Yep, the VIP tour is something you book through Disney. Here is a link to more information on it: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dis...rs/detail?name=VIPTourServicesTourPage&bhcp=1

They have all sorts of fun things planned. And they'll get special seating for shows and parades, etc. Maybe one of the ladies will come on and post more about it. I know they are going to have a great time. :)

Yay, a pre trip report!!!!

Our trip is getting so close!!!! :hyper:

Hello everyone! My name is Wendy, or at least that's what I call myself. I am a 24 year old male, err, I mean female. Here's a recent photo of myself:
Tyler_Crossdresser12.jpg

I love dresses and all that other girly stuff. I also like to pray on unsuspecting girls on internet forums. Oh wait, forget I said that.... :rolleyes1

Wendy, I didn't realize you're so HOT! I can't wait to do all the "normal" things we girls do together with you. You know, pillow fights, trips to the potty, fixing each other's hair, etc.

Wendy, I didn't realize your so HOT! I can't wait to do all the "normal" things we girls do together with you. You know, pillow fights, trips to the potty, fixing each other's hair, etc.

shaving each other's armpits . . . . .

Wendy, I love the dress. I have one word for you: Gillette.

The pits are a bit scary.:scared: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter