DIS Dads Week at WDW in 2012?

Would you come to a DIS Dads' Week meet at WDW?

• Yes, I'd plan a vacation to be there for a DIS Dads' Week

• Yes, I'd come if if the week matched when I was already going to be at WDW

• No, I'm not planning a 2012 WDW vacation

• Other (please explain below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
come on dads we cant let this thread die... Lets figure something out I would like to see anywheres from 25 to 50 dads(more would be great) get in on this trip

I think the only real consensus that we reached regarding a meet week for 2012 was that it was just too short of a time frame for the majority of folks to coordinate trips.

I think the only real consensus that we reached regarding a meet week for 2012 was that it was just too short of a time frame for the majority of folks to coordinate trips.

exactly why I voted for 2013 lol Oh well heres hoping for something to come of it

exactly why I voted for 2013 lol Oh well heres hoping for something to come of it

I think summer time of 2013 may be good to try. I know that some dads will make the solo trips, but not me. Maybe a poll first that asks solo trip or family trip. If there are more family trips, then maybe the next poll could be around dates out of school in 2013. My $.02

I think summer time of 2013 may be good to try. I know that some dads will make the solo trips, but not me. Maybe a poll first that asks solo trip or family trip. If there are more family trips, then maybe the next poll could be around dates out of school in 2013. My $.02

I would do family trip or solo (me and wife )trip. I just hope something happens wouldd be very cool to meet the dads

I know it's not a huge majority but I think a fair number of people will be there during marathon weekend 2013.

My only concern with marathon weekend is that, with marathon events already on the agenda, and many folks who come for marathon weekend taking shorter trips, I'm just not sure there's time to add a DISDad's meet to the middle of that.

I think I may start trying to put something together for summer 2013. Solo or Family trips can be left up to individuals - I think the only "solo" aspect of this that we're considering is a gathering of Dads. That gathering can happen in the midst of family trips without too much disruption.

I think having it Fathers Day week would be very fitting considering the theme of this group. Plus, I'll be down there for the first half of Fathers day week (the last half of my family's Disney Trip).

If I'm there, and it's happening at the same time, I would like to try to find a way to do something. :thumbsup2

I think I may start trying to put something together for summer 2013. Solo or Family trips can be left up to individuals - I think the only "solo" aspect of this that we're considering is a gathering of Dads. That gathering can happen in the midst of family trips without too much disruption.

I would be ok (& I think others would as well) with taking time out of a family vacation to do a DIS dad meet, touring event, beer drinking contest, etc. I just wouldn't leave my family in KY and go to WDW. That's what I thought of as solo trip.

I would be ok (& I think others would as well) with taking time out of a family vacation to do a DIS dad meet, touring event, beer drinking contest, etc. I just wouldn't leave my family in KY and go to WDW. That's what I thought of as solo trip.

Right. And I think that's the idea of looking ahead to 2013. The only reason for considering solo trips was cost, if family trips were already planned/in place.

The poll on Disdads.com 11 of the 28 votes cast for a specific date was the week of December 6-13 2012. A small sampling but other dates were not even close.

In order for this to happen, we need a starting point. Granted that more people can plan for 2013 and this gathering would be smaller but why not do it in 2012? I propose the weekend of December 7-9 be the meet date. Not only was that the date most people who voted picked but there is a good possibility other groups (WDW Today reunion for one) will also be at the world then.

That gives everyone about 13 months to plan. Again, not enough time for everyone but a number of us could get together. DD will be away at college so I will be solo and can share a room if anyone is interested.

Unfortunately, Father's Day falls into my yearly Myrtle Beach trip with my parents. But, I can't imagine we're going to find a date that works for everybody interested.

I would like to see it set up as a weekend event. I think it will work out for a lot of Dads. They don't have to use vacation time for a weekend event. To cut cost, make it a solo trip and share rooms. I was looking at how many Dads are in my area and I'm thinking car pool, again to cut cost. Rooms are cheaper the farther out you reserve them. Just my thoughts.

I would like to see it set up as a weekend event. I think it will work out for a lot of Dads. They don't have to use vacation time for a weekend event. To cut cost, make it a solo trip and share rooms. I was looking at how many Dads are in my area and I'm thinking car pool, again to cut cost. Rooms are cheaper the farther out you reserve them. Just my thoughts.

I'd like to +1 this idea.

Only because, a long weekend may be the only way for me to make it with only getting 2 weeks vacation a year.

I'd like to +1 this idea.

Only because, a long weekend may be the only way for me to make it with only getting 2 weeks vacation a year.

Perhaps we could combine some of these ideas. I won't do a weekend trip without the family, and 24 round trip hours of dds in the car for 2 days doesn't appeal to me. But, if we could plan something on the weekend, for those Dis Dads making solo trips, adjacent to a week when school is out (summer or holidays) for Dis dads wanting to travel with family, and give people enough time to plan their trip, then it may meet a lot of needs.

Aaron, is there a cheaper time in the summer, i.e., first week in August? I tend to look at DVC calendar more now and am not sure of the dates.

Also, as CJ said, there was a larger response for that one week this year. While i could not make it, it does sound like a good starting point for a meet up. Then, with 10 months to plan the next one for a different date and go from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter