DIS Dads Week at WDW in 2012?

Would you come to a DIS Dads' Week meet at WDW?

• Yes, I'd plan a vacation to be there for a DIS Dads' Week

• Yes, I'd come if if the week matched when I was already going to be at WDW

• No, I'm not planning a 2012 WDW vacation

• Other (please explain below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

AJRitz

DIS DAD #420
If we planned a DIS Dads Week meet in Walt Disney World for next year, would you plan a vacation to join us?

Tomorrow's Monday Poll at disdads.com will offer a choice of possible dates.

My vote was for other. We are still working on plans for 2012 and there is an outside possibility for a late 2012 trip. Of course if there was a DisDads Week meet at the same time, it might help the cause too.

I answered "Other" also.
At this point, we aren't planning on taking a 2012 trip. But if there's critical mass for a Dis Dads trip AND I can find the money, we'd probably be on board.

Unfortunately, living in Korea limits the number of trips of visiting the family in wisconsin to just once a year. Plus, we're trying to have a little one sometime in the next year. We probably won't be able to make it out to WDW until jan. '14 at the earliest... :confused3

I voted other. 2012 is already planned. I think 2013 or 2014 would allow more guys to be able to save and plan for a Disdads week.

I think if we plan this out for 2013 we would have a greater chance of getting more to be able to attend.Also the time of yr will greatly effect the outcome due to children in school.We go back in early Sept so for me to take kids out after only a couple of weeks would be really hard( especially since they are moving up in grades and starting first yr in high school.) However saying that, maybe the wife and I could do a trip without the kids just for the meet up.
I will try to go along with whatever the group decides. I am definitely interested.I will have tro see what time of yr you put up for the vote before I could really make a decision.

2012 is already planned for the end of August, as my wife and kids (well, the two older ones by the time it rolls around) are standing up in a Disney Wedding. I am still considering Marathon weekend 2013...

We're heading down 2 times in 2012, so heading down a 3rd time is probably out of the question. I'd be game for 2013 though.

November 12-29 is when you'll have some of the best weather here, but, I'm a local so I'm indifferent to the dates, I'll be there whenever it's decided..

Would love to be part of the DDC meet.

Funding the trip would be a challenge.

Voted for the times in Early Dec...Kids school...DS16 would probably be in College then would need to wait for him to get out of the Fall Sem.

We are kinda planning on going around this time next year...if all our card fall into place. :thumbsup2

I'm an "other" answerer as well.

Unfortunately, my employer only gives me 2 weeks of vacation a year and they are already spoken for for the 2012 year.

I might be able to swing a long weekend, however!

2012 is already planned for the end of August, as my wife and kids (well, the two older ones by the time it rolls around) are standing up in a Disney Wedding. I am still considering Marathon weekend 2013...

Good, you can carry from mile 15 to 20 and I'll carry you from 21-26. We can then sprint the other .2 miles like champs :lmao:

I am in. I realize a lot of you already have trips planned but even a smaller get together is better than none. Consider it a trial run for a bigger event in 2013.

Aaron, I think this is sort of the way we thought it would go when we discussed on the boards awhile back. Maybe a long weekend so it did not interfear with school too much. I also think that it would be less of an expense for a long weekend rather then a week IMHP.

Other. I already have a Fall Break vacation in October booked and would strong arm the family into another WDW vacation (that conversation will last about .6 seconds). I voted at the other site for Father's day since it was the only time my children were not in school.

Other. I already have a Fall Break vacation in October booked and would strong arm the family into another WDW vacation (that conversation will last about .6 seconds). I voted at the other site for Father's day since it was the only time my children were not in school.

Father's Day woud work with the whole Disdads theme :thumbsup2

We'll likely do 2 trips in 2012. I can't do anything to adjust the marathon weekend trip, but have some flexibility ( a 3 week window) where our September trip could fall.

It sounds like there could be a pretty good size meet Marathon weekend 2013.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter