• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS Dads - Gaming Thread

Hey anyone here get picked to test the beta of World of Tanks on the 360? I've played it a few times so far. Not sure what I think yet.

OK- let's see if anyone actually reads this thread.

XBOX One. Anyone gonna get it? $499. I'm pretty sure I'll be in line outside of Best Buy on Nov 21 for the midnight opening. If I can flip it for a few hundred $$ profit, I'll sell it and buy another when supply catches up with demand. If I can't sell it for a good profit, I can just return it.

I just haven't decided if I want to keep one long term. I haven't figured out how I'd use it. I don't play games as much as I used to, but if the kinect is as good as they say it is, that may change. There may be things on there that I might actually do with the kids. Kinect Rival Sports (or whatever it's called) looks good. And I know they'd get a kick out of Zoo Tycoon.

For me, I'd get Madden 25 and probably Titanfall for my FPS multiplayer. I'm getting tired of COD.

OK- let's see if anyone actually reads this thread.

XBOX One. Anyone gonna get it? $499. I'm pretty sure I'll be in line outside of Best Buy on Nov 21 for the midnight opening. If I can flip it for a few hundred $$ profit, I'll sell it and buy another when supply catches up with demand. If I can't sell it for a good profit, I can just return it.

I just haven't decided if I want to keep one long term. I haven't figured out how I'd use it. I don't play games as much as I used to, but if the kinect is as good as they say it is, that may change. There may be things on there that I might actually do with the kids. Kinect Rival Sports (or whatever it's called) looks good. And I know they'd get a kick out of Zoo Tycoon.

For me, I'd get Madden 25 and probably Titanfall for my FPS multiplayer. I'm getting tired of COD.

I wanted to preorder one or two to sell on ebay. My wife said no. I see they are already going for $150+ over retail. I can only imagine that will go up as people begin to freak that they won't get one for Christmas.

I wanted to preorder one or two to sell on ebay. My wife said no. I see they are already going for $150+ over retail. I can only imagine that will go up as people begin to freak that they won't get one for Christmas.

I think Best Buy had two pre-order opportunities. Both sold out within a day. So I didn't get one. But the good news is that it's an indication of strong demand.

I think Best Buy had two pre-order opportunities. Both sold out within a day. So I didn't get one. But the good news is that it's an indication of strong demand.

I'm thinking of gettin the PS4. $100 cheaper and a lot of what I've read is that the gaming market might be leaning towards that system because the gamers aren't happy that Microsoft was trying to kill the resale/rental market.

We'll see. I'd need to find some 'extra' $ such as winning a fantasy football league or a nice bonus (which are unpredictable in my company).

Scored a PS4 last night! Time to flip it.

Looks like they are going for between 550 - 600 on ebay right now.

Xbox one's are going for about $650

I wonder if today is the day to sell it or sit on it until black friday then sell. I would think by then the people would really begin to freak being they might not get one for Christmas.

Looks like they are going for between 550 - 600 on ebay right now.

Xbox one's are going for about $650

I wonder if today is the day to sell it or sit on it until black friday then sell. I would think by then the people would really begin to freak being they might not get one for Christmas.

That's what they were going for yesterday. Earlier today I saw several auctions end at $900. But you're right- for some reason some are only going for $650. I'm definitely going to camp out for the XBOX One and try to flip that too. This is easy money.

Hey guys. I've been ignoring this thread because I don't play video games much anymore.

Anyway, I've got a PS2 and a Wii. I wanted to get Disney Infinity, but I decided instead of getting it for Wii I needed a better platform for it. I didn't want to spend PS4 or XboxOne money, but we went out and bought an Xbox360 as a Christmas gift for the whole family to use.

Nothing like upgrading when something is on its way out, right? :rolleyes1

Anyway, I'm fixy2273 on Xbox Live if anyone is on there and still around this thread.

Hey guys. So the DW ended up getting me the new Xbox One for Christmas. Anyone else have it? What games are good? I am new to the Xbox world so I have not even signed up with a user name yet. I actually haven't even opened the box yet because I haven't decided where to set the thing up yet. I'm hoping for a decent bonus for the 4th qtr so that I can replace my old rear projection 720p TV in my basement with a 60 or 65" flat screen.

Hey guys. So the DW ended up getting me the new Xbox One for Christmas. Anyone else have it? What games are good? I am new to the Xbox world so I have not even signed up with a user name yet. I actually haven't even opened the box yet because I haven't decided where to set the thing up yet. I'm hoping for a decent bonus for the 4th qtr so that I can replace my old rear projection 720p TV in my basement with a 60 or 65" flat screen.

I've played Battlefield 4 and Forza on it both are pretty good games. Right now there are not alot of games out for it. I got Black Flag (assissans creed IV) for my 360 and its alot of fun. I would reccomend it. My BIL who has the Xbox one loves it and I have enjoyed playing it when I am there. Those are the only games I can speak towards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter