DIS Dads Craft Beer/Homebrewing Enthusiast Thread

I would love to brew my own bourbon. Having it age in the barrels - smells, tastes - but I have no idea how to even start that. Plus, I don't have a basement. Maybe I can age it in the living room.

Um, yeah, that's called "moonshine" and it's illegal.

Knightly Spirits, looks like the one I used to on Hiawasee has closed/moved. There is one just a few miles north it seems, do a google search and there is one just north of the kingdom, also a few off of 4.

Last time I was there, there was a Cigar City Release the next day, picked up Campeador, but they have there regular stuff too.

Sweet action - I'll google maps it. Thanks so much.

Cheers,
Indy

Which is your favorite?

250203_2003483080631_1050221457_2335897_4200768_n.jpg
or
63645_1700063095321_1050221457_1867994_1571911_n.jpg

Goose island bourbon county stout

What proof is the beer you brew?

It is typically limited by the type of yeast, and the health of said yeast and of course how much consumables (sugar) you supply. 10% is not too hard to achieve, but most home-brews I would guess most home-brews fall into 5-7 range, beer is not listed as proof.

I haven't brewed in a while. We had a supply store here in Mobile, not sure if it is still open. I went one time and wasn't impressed with their selections.

I prefer midwest supplies out of St Louis. They have always done me right.

its been yrs since I brewed last...had a damn tasty raspberry Ale...very hoppy...had the bite of celebration ale and the color of cherry kool-aid! used fresh and extract.....
I was mainly a extract brewer....some grains added, but no all grain...too much work for me.....
hops? grow your own!
I love beer!

Goose island bourbon county stout

I'll give it a try if I can find it. I'll be in Chicagoland in July. I've had other Goose Island beers when down there. I hear Goose Island is now owned by Budwiser. Maybe will be easier in future to get???

:drinking1

Just planted some hops a few weeks ago. Strictly for research purposes.

I'm drinking an '09 DFH Festina Peche right now. . . . wow. Dry, extremely tart, just wow.

So it's crazy that Yuengling hasn't been in Ohio for years. I know it'll make my cousin happy. She used to have to load her car down with Yuengling on the way back to C-bus for her friends.

Cheers,

Indy

So some buddies and I are make two batches of Pale Ale tomorrow for our Homebrew Club Group Compare-O-brew. We're making one extract batch and one all grain batch, same recipe. Depending on how things go, I might "live blog" on here. Check in if interested.

Cheers,
Indy

Hey Guys! Just checking in. I have been homebrewing since 98 and all grain since 00. Recently found 2 investors and a local craft brew bar owner who we will partner with and install a brewery in his bar. I always wanted to make beer for a living, but never wanted to own a bar. However, nothing is as cool as hanging out at the bar where they serve your beer. I currently have a 15 gallon system in my garage. I prefer to brew mostly big beers-- barley wine, imperial stout, many belgian styles, including an excellent west vleteren 12 clone (was just looking for the "degree" key).

This is a cool thread! Thanks for starting it

Thought I would bump this thread back up top for a while. Although I've been brewing for eight years now I actually haven't brewed in nearly a year. However, the end of my supply is in sight so it's time to brew again. Going to start with my house beer - a "bourbon barrel" dunkleweiss - but contemplating making a day of it and putting down a lower gravity session beer of some sort.

Anyone else brewing these days?

I had forgotten all about this thread. I actually bottled today. A stout ale in the style of a certain brewery in Dublin, Ireland.

Hey Guys! Just checking in. I have been homebrewing since 98 and all grain since 00. Recently found 2 investors and a local craft brew bar owner who we will partner with and install a brewery in his bar. I always wanted to make beer for a living, but never wanted to own a bar. However, nothing is as cool as hanging out at the bar where they serve your beer. I currently have a 15 gallon system in my garage. I prefer to brew mostly big beers-- barley wine, imperial stout, many belgian styles, including an excellent west vleteren 12 clone (was just looking for the "degree" key).

This is a cool thread! Thanks for starting it

That's awesome Beer Dave. Where is the bar located?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter