• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS Dads Brag Wall

My ds6 and dd8 were in the school talent show this past Tuesday. They performed a HeeHaw skit in which they sang "gloom, despair, and agony on me" and "Where oh where...". Several parents and teachers told us they had the best act that night, and were even amazed that they knew about Hee Haw.

They must get their talent from DW because I would had been a nervous wreck in front of a crowd like that when I was their ages.

I used to watch that show and that particular segment was one of my favorites :rotfl2:

Congratulations to your kids! Keep them working on their public speaking and they will go far in life.

My ds6 and dd8 were in the school talent show this past Tuesday. They performed a HeeHaw skit in which they sang "gloom, despair, and agony on me" and "Where oh where...". Several parents and teachers told us they had the best act that night, and were even amazed that they knew about Hee Haw.

They must get their talent from DW because I would had been a nervous wreck in front of a crowd like that when I was their ages.

Congrats to them. HeeHaw was a great show.

Just thought I would post. DS got his trimester grades yesterday. He made the honor roll for the 5th trimester in a row. If he can hold on for the last trimester it means he was honor roll his whole time in middle school. Proud of his efforts!

Just thought I would post. DS got his trimester grades yesterday. He made the honor roll for the 5th trimester in a row. If he can hold on for the last trimester it means he was honor roll his whole time in middle school. Proud of his efforts!

Excellent! Congrats on 5 in a row and best wishes for the 6th.

And the mandatory he must take after her mother comment. Serious congrats to your son.

9ipex7M9T.gif

Tomorrow is the last day of school for DD and DS.

DD had her 3rd grade awards day yesterday and was on the High Honors Roll, Social Studies award, and the Good Citizenship award. We knew that she was going to be on the Honors roll, but she really buckled down the last 2 grade card periods and was able to make it to the High Honors roll instead. Awesome.

My DS had his Kindergarten Graduation today. His teacher has stated to me that he is one of the brightest kids she has ever had. Hopefully that will continue throughout.

Take care.

Tomorrow is the last day of school for DD and DS.

DD had her 3rd grade awards day yesterday and was on the High Honors Roll, Social Studies award, and the Good Citizenship award. We knew that she was going to be on the Honors roll, but she really buckled down the last 2 grade card periods and was able to make it to the High Honors roll instead. Awesome.

My DS had his Kindergarten Graduation today. His teacher has stated to me that he is one of the brightest kids she has ever had. Hopefully that will continue throughout.

Take care.

Well done to your DD and DS! May their academic careers continue on like that for the reminder of their education. Give them lots of ice cream to celebrate.

Tomorrow is the last day of school for DD and DS. DD had her 3rd grade awards day yesterday and was on the High Honors Roll, Social Studies award, and the Good Citizenship award. We knew that she was going to be on the Honors roll, but she really buckled down the last 2 grade card periods and was able to make it to the High Honors roll instead. Awesome. My DS had his Kindergarten Graduation today. His teacher has stated to me that he is one of the brightest kids she has ever had. Hopefully that will continue throughout. Take care.
Congratulations!!!
Ahhh, I hope my little ones do well in school in a few years too.

My 14yo daughter just received a perfect score for vocal singing skills at our music "solofest" and at awards night last night was recognized for Creativity in Studio Art.

Congrats to the other Dads too!

I am most blessed to have a great crew so here goes the lastest

My oldest and only son just graduated law school this month.

My oldest daughter after finishing on the Chancellor's List her Sophomore year in the honors program at her University is currently in Italy completing her International study.

Her sister just completed her Freshman year prepping to enter the nursing program.

The youngest girl (12), my sole remaining home dweller was just named Brass student of the year her first year in band and placed into the gifted students program for math and English for next year.

I'm most fortunate to have a great crew, that I'm mighty proud of.

Congrats and kudos to all the Dads

Thanks for the comments and Congrats to all of the DisDads. Hope everyone has a Happy Memorial Day weekend!!!

::yes:: exactly the right place for it.
Looks like they both worked hard putting that together and had a blast performing it.
Thanks for sharing.

Very cool Chris! Congrats to the team, and Congrats to all the Dads who have brags! :)

Thanks!! It was a great time, even though they were only on GMA for like 20 seconds.

The back story was that her team was ranked first in the USFSA Eastern Section and won the Eastern Sectional Championship. Her age group does not compete at Nationals as per USFSA rules. An older skating line was asked to appear on GMA, but they couldn't because they qualified for Nationals which was at the same time as the GMA sing along. So they asked my daughter's line and they accepted, even though their competitive season was over.

It was a total frenzy at that point as they had to order dresses for 20 girls and the coaches had to put together a routine in a few hours. The girls spent about 3 hours learning a 3 1/2 minute routine. Their normal routine was a little over 2 minutes and they practiced it for months. We stayed overnight in NYC because we had to be at Bryant Park Rink at 4:00am. The girls practiced there for another hour or so in their warmups, so the cameras could figure out how to best shoot them. It was probably the coldest day of the year in NYC and it was windy as hell. The girls had to change into these little dresses and skate for another hour in the frigid cold. THey shot a couple of teasers before the live shoot. In between shots, the girls huddled in the bathroom because that was the only place with a heater.

When they finally skated to Let It Go, they were on TV for 20-30 seconds.

OVerall a great experience, but what a PITA.

Chris

Background - about 9 months ago, DD did a theater workshop with a group here called Theater for Young America.

Today, DW was taking care of getting all of DD's summer camp stuff set up, most of which involves juggling her between various theater programs. When she called to sign her up for the TYA program, the director instantly remembered who DD was, and extended an invitation to her to participate in their advanced summer program. The advanced program is advertised as open to student ages 13 and up. DD won't be 12 until October. As far as we have been able to find out, she's the only "underage" student who was invited to the advanced program.

Background - about 9 months ago, DD did a theater workshop with a group here called Theater for Young America.

Today, DW was taking care of getting all of DD's summer camp stuff set up, most of which involves juggling her between various theater programs. When she called to sign her up for the TYA program, the director instantly remembered who DD was, and extended an invitation to her to participate in their advanced summer program. The advanced program is advertised as open to student ages 13 and up. DD won't be 12 until October. As far as we have been able to find out, she's the only "underage" student who was invited to the advanced program.

Awesome!!

Awesome!!

Ditto!

I would say that she may just have found herself a niche.
Congratulation and may she learn much from the opportunity.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter