Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Keep us posted luvmarypoppins. I hope the CT is normal. A May trip sounds great. We may hop over in July, still up in the air with so much going on here.

luvmarypoppins - Sending prayers that your CT shows nothing remarkable.

May is such a lovely time at WDW. The Flower & Garden Festival is so beautiful and the weather isn't too humid yet. Of course, the food booths around the IG will be enticing you to eat and drink until your wallet is dry :rolleyes1

Thinking of you luvmarypoppins.

Is anybody else here on Letrozol or a similar AI? I’m really really struggling with mine. I have tried three now since November and they all make me throw up daily, low mood, and fatigue.

Well here is my latest update. Doesn’t sound good.
The ct scan showed a mass or something suspicious in my L upper lung. They are talking pet or lung biopsy. The pulmonologist has already called to see me next week. At least he is in the next town.
My endo took care of all of this because my pcp is too laid back on anything.
The endo also is contacting my vascular surgeon because the ct scan mentioned an aneurysm. Don’t know if this is a new one?!
Well she is not concerned about my cancer marker for the thy cancer.
Always something and why do I have the feeling I am going on another journey.
GAGWTA

LMP-- Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. :flower3: Hopefully the doctors can get all of these tests accomplished quickly so that you can have more concrete knowledge. Sometimes the waiting is the worst part.

I am thinking of you LMP and also praying. Please update us next week, when you get some of these doctor visits behind you. Glad the thyroid cancer markers are not concerning.

Happy May everyone!
Last week I saw the new pulmonologist. I really like him. Dh and ds3 went with me. Ds3 and him talked about a patient he called him about lol. Ds3 never met him in person before.
My breathing tests were terrible. Nothing shocking there. He doesn’t know what the mass is. He thinks it’s a little high to be a true lung cancer?
He spoke to my endo and they agreed with the option I wanted. In 8 weeks I will have a repeat ct scan and depending on that maybe the pet scan and then if the pet scan lights up there will be a lung biopsy.
GAGWTA

Happy May everyone!
Last week I saw the new pulmonologist. I really like him. Dh and ds3 went with me. Ds3 and him talked about a patient he called him about lol. Ds3 never met him in person before.
My breathing tests were terrible. Nothing shocking there. He doesn’t know what the mass is. He thinks it’s a little high to be a true lung cancer?
He spoke to my endo and they agreed with the option I wanted. In 8 weeks I will have a repeat ct scan and depending on that maybe the pet scan and then if the pet scan lights up there will be a lung biopsy.
GAGWTA

Sounds like a great plan. Hoping for the best!!

Happy May everyone!
GAGWTA
Always something, isn’t it? Sending you prayers and good thoughts that they found something strange but it’s not to worrisome. Sorry you have to have more and more testing. Hope you are having a nice trip. GAGWTA!

Is anybody else here on Letrozol or a similar AI? I’m really really struggling with mine. I have tried three now since November and they all make me throw up daily, low mood, and fatigue.
I’m sorry you’re having trouble with this and hope you can figure out a solution. What has your oncologist said?

Happy June everyone! Hope everyone is doing well.
Dil1 just told me that she will be having a breast biopsy. They have been watching something for a while. She is of course beside herself.
My non enjoyment for this month will be the lung ct scan. This time no contrast. Ds3 said they are rationing contrast even in the hospital. I hope the picture will be good enough. I am sure a pet scan will be in my future.
Also have a problem getting one of my meds. The pharmacy said the manufacturer is having supply issues. Gheesh.
Dh had too many work projects for a May trip. We will probably go the end of October like last year.
Lots of May celebrations kept us busy.
GAGWTA

LMP - Crossing fingers that your DIL biopsy and your lung scan show no issues.

All of the chemo and drug shortages is very concerning. So many of these drugs and/or chemicals to make the drugs are from overseas. I wish everything was manufactured in the US to have more control over the whole industry for many reasons. They need to get these issues solved asap.

October will be fun with all of the Halloween decorations!!

I have a question for you guys. (It's probably been discussed somewhere on the thread, but I haven't had any luck searching.)

So...I'm at 11 years post breast cancer diagnosis and had cancer in my lymph nodes. I know there is a good chance it will come back sometime, and since it's been over 10 years, every ache and pain and cough makes me nervous.

I'm wondering what kind of follow-up care people get. Do you have regular scans of some kind? Do you just go to the doctor if anything worrisome comes up? (I did go when I had a swollen lymph node in my neck, but lots of tests later, it was nothing.)

I keep wondering if I should be doing some kind of routine screening, but don't know how to ask for it. Many thanks fin advance for any advice or experience that can be shared.

Last edited:
Also joining the group - not that you all aren't wonderful people, but not a thread I wanted to :(

I was diagnosed with colon cancer last week. I'm feeling good about it since they took quite a bit out in open surgery a few weeks ago. Praying they got it all.

Unrelated, I have a questionable nodule on my adrenal gland. Tests have been abnormal so more tests ordered plus a CT next week. Previous CT could not tell if it was likely benign or malignant so a different type was ordered.

Praying for everyone on the thread.

Also joining the group - not that you all aren't wonderful people, but not a thread I wanted to :(

I was diagnosed with colon cancer last week. I'm feeling good about it since they took quite a bit out in open surgery a few weeks ago. Praying they got it all.

Unrelated, I have a questionable nodule on my adrenal gland. Tests have been abnormal so more tests ordered plus a CT next week. Previous CT could not tell if it was likely benign or malignant so a different type was ordered.

I'm sorry to see you on this thread. Prayers are with you. Stay strong!

I have a question for you guys. (It's probably been discussed somewhere on the thread, but I haven't had any luck searching.)

So...I'm at 11 years post breast cancer diagnosis and had cancer in my lymph nodes. I know there is a good chance it will come back sometime, and since it's been over 10 years, every ache and pain and cough makes me nervous.

I'm wondering what kind of follow-up care people get. Do you have regular scans of some kind? Do you just go to the doctor if anything worrisome comes up? (I did go when I had a swollen lymph node in my neck, but lots of tests later, it was nothing.)

I keep wondering if I should be doing some kind of routine screening, but don't know how to ask for it. Many thanks fin advance for any advice or experience that can be shared.
Welcome. And congratulations on your 11 yrs! :goodvibes

I’m at 20 yrs this yr. For many years I was getting seen by someone every three months - either PCP and oncologist (breast exams), then mammograms alternating with MRIs. We stopped doing that several years back, with my oncologist saying the thinks that my original breast cancer is unlikely to come back at this point, but that I am now at risk for another breast cancer, like everyone else. 😬 (Shoot! I thought those days were behind me! Lol.) So now I just have routine mammograms and follow up (once a yr w oncologist, sort of) and of course, if anything comes up. For the past few yrs Ive had mammograms and ultrasounds because I have some scar tissue now inside my breast and it concerns me. But they say it’s not cancer. I hope they’re right! What has your oncologist said?

Welcome, @eksmama01. I’m so glad you posted, but sorry to hear of your diagnosis. You sound relatively upbeat, and that’s good! We’re here with you, for sure. :grouphug: That stinks about the adrenal nodule. I hope it comes back ok. Sounds like you have enough on your plate already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter