Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Happy New Year to all!
CaleCakes - happy to hear your surgery went well. Hope you and your dd are recovered from the colds. Saw from the other thread where you live. I miss it. Ds1 was surprised with a trip from dil for his bday and got to sit by the goalpost for a game in December. Happy the Cowboys won.

ZellyB. - Glad you are getting a little break. I hope you have a wonderful trip with your family. Watching them run must be exciting!

Pea-n-me - totally agree with you about the worry part. I put it out of my mind until it’s test time too like you. My faith helps a lot too.

And speaking of test time. I called today for the sonogram and I am going tomm. That dept. must be slow. Friday Dh and I getting blood tests. Mine is to check kidney stuff because of lasix for cardiologist. Having Dh give the pcp my handicapped parking papers for renewal next week at his visit. Then I see both the cardiologist and vascular surgeon in 2 weeks on the same day.
Record high 65 here today! Sure beats snow!
GAGWTA

Last edited:
Oh goodness!! I don't know how I missed all these updates. I am really SLACKING. My bad :flower3:

Glad to hear everyone is getting along OK and so many heart-warming trips to WDW! Our trip is coming up next week and I am in panic mode trying to get my to-do list completed in between everything else that is on the calendar. I won't start packing until Wednesday for our Thursday departure.

I had a breast MRI in December that was clear. YAY! I was diagnosed in July?? with Grover's disease which is SUPER itchy and annoying. Seems to come and go. Look it up if you aren't familiar. No known cause and no cure. Just lots and lots of insane itching. Hoping it will not recur while at WDW. I have an appointment on Wednesday with the dermatologist for a check-up.

I also developed mild lymphedema of my left breast/chest area and left arm. I am now doing lymphatic massage every day and wearing a compression sleeve most days.

Pathology came back fine, no concerns thank goodness. For the most part what I've been through this year doesn't linger on my mind, but then I get a call about scheduling an MRI to check on my pancreas and I have to remind myself this is something that will always be a part of me. One of the dumbest things I've heard from people asking me how i am is "so you're good now, right?". I never really know how to respond so to keep it cordial I just say yes. Does that happen to any of you?

I can so relate to this!! For the most part, I don't let the hell of 2021-2022 linger on my mind but it is still there.....lurking in the shadows. My goal is to keep it in the shadows, both the thoughts and the cancer itself. My friend said to me a few weeks ago that "you're fine now, no need to worry" and I know she meant it to be a positive statement, but it felt so naive. Neither part of that will ever be true again. I didn't say anything to her as she meant well. She has not had cancer cause devastation throughout her family tree as I have so it doesn't have the same personal meaning.

I can so relate to this!! For the most part, I don't let the hell of 2021-2022 linger on my mind but it is still there.....lurking in the shadows. My goal is to keep it in the shadows, both the thoughts and the cancer itself. My friend said to me a few weeks ago that "you're fine now, no need to worry" and I know she meant it to be a positive statement, but it felt so naive. Neither part of that will ever be true again. I didn't say anything to her as she meant well. She has not had cancer cause devastation throughout her family tree as I have so it doesn't have the same personal meaning.
Totally understand that feeling!

Glad to see you posting! Have a wonderful trip! We went down over Christmas and had a great time.

GraceandCarolinesmom- Hope you have a wonderful trip!
Pea-n-me - Glad you had a great trip too! Holiday time is great.
Great news from all my drs. Visits.
Vascular surgeon happy with aortic implant ct. Thanked him again for saving my life 3 years ago Sunday. PTL!
Cardiologist says I am doing well and I had to write a note to the endo on the patient portal.
Finally someone called me back and said the lymph nodes were benign! Lots of prayers answered.
Celebrating middle ds bday tomm.
Just got new dishwasher. Now the refrig is broke. Sigh. Nothing in stock. It’s terrible here. Thinking of getting a dorm fridge as the freezer still works. Poor ds1 has no washer and no refrig either. They were washing and drying clothes at her moms and now that dryer broke too, Also looking for a used vehicle. Not much there either.
Researching Medicare stuff and my head is spinning and confused!
GAGWTA

Well I had the mammogram today. It was something else. The tech had to get another tech to help her with me. I am not an easy scan due to all my health issues.
Now I get a phone call from my pcp and no message left. So I will call tomorrow. Too many things will go through my head tonight of course.
My younger daughter in law had surgery last Monday in NYC. Now she is having complications and the surgeon said to go to the er in NYC tomm. It will be a long trip and day for ds1 and dil. Say a prayer.
GAGWTA

Well I had the mammogram today. It was something else. The tech had to get another tech to help her with me. I am not an easy scan due to all my health issues.
Now I get a phone call from my pcp and no message left. So I will call tomorrow. Too many things will go through my head tonight of course.
My younger daughter in law had surgery last Monday in NYC. Now she is having complications and the surgeon said to go to the er in NYC tomm. It will be a long trip and day for ds1 and dil. Say a prayer.
GAGWTA
Hope things go well for both of you, lmp. Prayers said. 🙏🏻

GAGWTA
So much at once. 🙏 Hoping all goes well for both of you.

Thinking of you luvmarypoppins and hoping you are able to talk to your doctor tomorrow. And will keep your son and daughter and law in my prayers.

Thanks for all the prayers
Here is the update
Dil mom took her to the city. The ct scan and blood tests were normal but they gave her something for this bad rash she has all around the surgical sites. It’s hard to get info out of ds. I got this info from her mom. Don’t know why she is dizzy, nauseous etc. it’s been a week post op.
Called the pcp. The nurse said - oh I just called to update your records before your visit next week. Gee thanks.
Now I get a note on the patient portal an hour ago, Gosh my pcp is working late. She says - your mammo is normal. PTL!!
I think we both will sleep better tonight.
GAGWTA

Hi all,
Hope everyone is doing well.
I still have bruises from the mammogram but that may be due to the blood thinner or the machine pressure. I know I cried once because it was so painful.
Going sat. For a blood test to get ready for the cancer check up the end of the month.
Dil says she is feeling better. All the surgical glue fell off which she was allergic to. 2 of her doctors were disagreeing about her pathology results/testing. She did say they took her appendix out which seems to have helped. I don’t want to ask her too many questions.
Thinking of a May Disney trip. We shall see.
GAGWTA

Happy Spring to all. Hope everyone is doing well.
Well my 6 month check up was interesting. They finally got my blood work back. My one marker went up.
I am going to be getting a ct to check out some lymph nodes in my chest that they saw when I was in the hospital in November.
Hoping this doesn’t turn into another journey.
Looking at an early May trip. We shall see.
GAGWTA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter