Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Laurie it was great seeing you too! Nancy and I agree that you look really great! It was a short visit but it worked out well. I need to get laundry done and start packing for my time away to NOLA for my birthday. Im just excited to see R as this is the longest we have gone without seeing each other. Too many things interfered. Sorry I didn't get to see you LMP.

will see if this works....(nope have to use the link) http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201199524769851&set=pb.1222672431.-2207520000.1370778674.&type=3&theater

Ah, there I am Sha, after packing up that morning to move from Boardwalk to Bonnet Creek waiting to get my room there, and spending time baking in the hot sun!

Lovely!

Ok, here is MaryAnn and me outside the Beach Club in the evening!

Could not resist posting these photos of the best Snow White I have ever witnessed-the girls loved watching her

Great pictures, Snappy! So glad you had a good time!

As if I don't look strange enough with no hair, no eyebrows or eyelashes, on Friday, a cap on one of my front teeth just fell off! Good grief! Can't wait for Monday so I can get it put back on. At the moment, I look like someone from the cast of Deliverance! lol!

Ah, Peg, what a sense of humor you have! You have some spunk. I can almost hear the banjo playing . . .

I am quite a sight too. Downside of losing weight is the wrinkles and saggy skin.

I had a young male CM sweetly ask me if the girls were my grand daughters! He turned a little sheepish when I said the redhead was my 17 yo daughter.

Not the first time and not the last I will get this question.

But really, these three girls could not be more different in looks and personality. To imagine they are related is kind of crazy.

I have read that some of the excess skin might be absorbed in a years time but the skin around my neck was loosy goosy even before my weight loss, so I am not expecting a miracle.

Hey, I earned these wrinkles, just not sure I like the skin dripping down my neck.

Can't wear turtlenecks around these parts, so I will go with the grandmotherly look for now.

A rocking chair is looking good right now. I overdid working in the yard yesterday. Had a bit of muscle spasm on my right hip but it seems to have resolved as I move around. DH and DS24 kind of let the yard and my plants go a bit while we were gone on the trip. I am not making any comments though as I don't want to rub it in that DH missed out on this trip. I would rather work outside any old day than face house work, so off to the yard I go again in a little while.

I had to do a memory test yesterday for long term care insurance. I think I passed, not sure if my medical history will though. DH is applying for the same insurance but his chances of being approved are even less likely with the diabetes, sleep apnea, and cardiovacular issues.

It is worth a shot though, I don't see our kids being around to take care of us when the time comes, and I plan on using up our assets for more fun things that being in assisted living!

I need to plan some college visit trips for DD17 soon. Times a wasting!

Snappy, we'd make quite the pair! lol! I had already developed some lovely jowls before all of this started. I don't see them going away!

During a recent infusion, I asked the girl who normally asks for my payment if she needed my credit card. Normally, she asked for it before I went back for treatment, so I assumed she was just really busy. She informed me that I'd finally hit that magic number and I owed nothing. I was so excited that I started trying to think of other things I could have done before the end of the year! Unfortunately, they don't cover face lifts. Ha! That would be great...no hair, no eyebrows or eyelashes, but one great looking face!

I hope you get good news on the long term care insurance. That was the smartest thing I ever did. I took out a policy when I turned 50. My financial planner told me that he considered it essential. Of course, the premium has gone up every year, but it is still so much better than worrying about the future! I'll say a prayer for you tonight that it works out for both you and your hubby!

I'd love to go and work in the yard, but it is just too hot! Summer has definitely arrived in Florida!

Hang in there!

Too funny Peg. Love that humor as I said.

I would put a new face on my tab in a New York second if it was covered, eyebrows and eyelashes or not.

Hey they would have a clean canvas to work with I guess.

Yea I wish I had thought of the insurance at 50 as well, pre cancer, high blood pressure and hypothyroidism. Just was not on my radar.

DD23 said, mom I would take care of you. Ha! she will be who knows where, depending on where her boyfriend lands after residency and later studies.

My friend's ex who is in the insurance business talked to us about this type of insurance back in March when he was in New Orleans. He said if any of your kids tell you they will take care of you, just remind them changing diapers would likely be in the job duties and they might reconsider, lol.

We harvested DD17's first crop from her vegetable garden today. We have a lot of green beans. Cooking them now.

God afternoon ladies

- Peg, I love your sense of humor too. Hope the infusion goes well this week

PatsMom - thinking of you sista

Cheryl - I am sure you are making mental remodeling notes right now. Hope the condo purchase goes well.

Laurie - love your pictures. Your dd always has the sweetest smile. That one girl sure has long hair! Have you decided or I should say your dd decided what colleges you want to tour. I never answered your question before. I know 2 of the ds friends who go to and one of them graduated from fordham. They both love/love it. The majored in business/accounting though.

I have heard of the college in north carolina. We 3ven have a marine biology program here at the state univ. where ds2 goes. I guess its good to make sure the program is by a good source of water/ocean etc. for the research. We also have an aquarium out here that does the stranded sea creature rescues so that ties into it too. I guess it will be a big decision for your dd. Ahh, senior year! I also laugh when you mentioned the cm thinking the girls were your grands. The limo guy said to me - oh how nice your son is taking you here on vacation. I said, no he is my dh. lol! He said sorry. I said, its ok.

Well it was so stormy here yest. We def. need Noahs Ark! Deluges so loud they pounded the roof overnight and late at night. Of course during the day ds2 was bored from the rain so he began is battle cry of lets clean the garage. We filled 2 garbage cans. So that was some progress.

My meeting is cancelled today. We also worked on stuff for the bible school for next month. So much prep of paperwork, studying and decorations etc. But is so much fun and we love serving in this way.

GAGWTA. Thinking of you all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter