Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Oh my days, I forgot to say in my last post, our dear daughter had her baby Monday Dec 3 at 3:50 am. Grand child number 6 for us, her second child. A baby boy named Carter William. William was my dads first name and our son Ken's second name. He is so precious it is very bittersweet for us, he looks so much like our son did at birth. I will post a pic later, right now I am late for our councilor appt!

Smiley, congratulations! Hope you can post a picture of little Carter William soon.........I bet he is adorable!

LMP, are you rested up from your trip? That CM you had the run in with sounds awful! Sounds like she is in desperate need of more training.

Is everyone busy getting ready for Christmas? I've done a lot of shopping on line, so convenient. In the process of wrapping now. We have a big extended family party on Christmas night, so have been working on various things for that. this year I am doing a Let's Make A Deal game. There will be about 30 prizes, a lot of them gag gifts. Should be fun. We are skipping the big traditional dinner this year and doing appetizer/finger foods instead. So it will be interesting to see how that goes. It just seems like it was time for something different.

DH and I are going to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra tomorrow night in Chicago. We saw them last year, they put on an incredible Christmas show! Then we are spending the night and will do some shopping on Sunday.

Hope everyone is doing well.....been very quiet here lately.

GAGWTA!!

smiley - congratulations on little Carter William! I am sure he will be such a blessing to your family. Is this Jacobs mom? I know what you mean about the bittersweetness part. My youngest ds was 3 days old when my sister passed away. You have such mixed emotions etc. Enjoy every minute with him. They grow up so fas.1

Cheryl - have a wonderful trip and enjoy the concert! Sounds like so much fun! I love your family game time and christmas get together idea!

Well apparently when we were in FL, ds1 and his girlfriend broke up. I am sad. I liked the girl. I dont know what the cause was. He is not speaking. I can say, ds is a little, shall we say, cheap. He still doesnt get the idea that a girl wants to be treated like a princess, movie, dinner etc. He does not easily part with his money for sure. I am afraid this will not go well for him with future young ladies wither unless he changes his ways etc.

I got my mammo results. All clean.. However, they sent it to the house 2 houses away:scared1:. I dont know these people, but I did see they wrote our correct street number on the letter. I think it was only sealed with tape so they could have opened it etc.

I am trying not to take the antibiotic tonight.. I know I have a few days left but I want to see if this is the cause of the terrible back and bone pain I am having and also some stomach issues. I need a process of elimination here.

Ds3 was using me as a practice person for his nursing assessment test he is doing on tues. He is doing very well so far in everything. He listed to my lungs in the back. He had to do a chest exam on dh since I wouldnt let him do one on me. Oh the joys of nursing school.

So sad that Miss A from our church died. She just moved with her brother to SC a few weeks ago. Her prognosis was not good. She had my same ent surgeon.

Hopefully tomm. we can do some christmas shopping after church and also grocery shopping too. Never enough hours in the day.

GAGWTA. Hope everyone has a great week end.

Ds3 was using me as a practice person for his nursing assessment test he is doing on tues. He is doing very well so far in everything. He listed to my lungs in the back. He had to do a chest exam on dh since I wouldnt let him do one on me. Oh the joys of nursing school.

:laughing:, that made me laugh

Just stopped in say "hey" to the toughest people on the DIS :woohoo:

:laughing:, that made me laugh

Just stopped in say "hey" to the toughest people on the DIS :woohoo:

Hi right back at you too Jason. These ladies are amazing. I have another kind of cancer but they have adopted me. How is your dd the actress?

Smiley, congrats on the new grandchild. What a blessing, sounds like you have been having a tough time and that is a ray of sunshine.

LMP, glad you enjoyed your trip! I agree about Disney dining these days. We enjoyed CA Grill and that was about it.

Cheryl, glad to hear the good news.

Really not ready for Christmas. Have bought some gifts but wrapped nothing, no tree yet either. Have to decide if I want to have my brothers over for Christmas day dinner. They were trained by my Mom to never lift a finger and that does not sit well with me, even before this year! They bring nothing, not even a bottle of wine. Told my youngest brother it was his turn this year. His girlfriend is Vietnamese so that might be interesting.

Hi right back at you too Jason. These ladies are amazing. I have another kind of cancer but they have adopted me. How is your dd the actress?

I just get scared hearing the word cancer. Thanks for asking about daughter, she is now a junior in College and is just simply going to be a School teacher :), now, back to you all

Pats Mom - I have been praying for you. Hope you are recovering and not in too much pain.:hug:

Diana - sorry you have to do all the work for christmas. I hope you have a wonderful day in spite of everything. I am sure you will get the tree up soon.

The ds surprised dh and I with 2 of those, um, gawdy, for lack of a better word blow up christmas decorations when we came back from WDW. We now have a giant mickey and minnie in a sled, which is cute, right next to the blow up nativity scene.

Also when dh and I were at the grocery store they they put up the christmas tree. We havent decorated it yet.

Ds 24 won his b ball game last night so he is happy.

Today dh leaves for Michigan and Chicago I think. He will be back on Friday. I have a meeting this afternoon, so I will have to say good bye quickly.

Ds21 has 3 nursing finals today, OMG. He has been using ds22 as his practice dummy. I think everyone is getting weary of being poked and prodded by him!

I havent bought the ds one christmas present yet, guess I better get on it. I mostly give them money and gift cards.

After about 4 days of rain and gloomy weather we finally have sun today - yeah! That weather was getting depressing to look at. Doesnt feel like christmas weather.

GAGWTA.

Our weather has been sooooooo gloomy! dark, raining, low to mid 40's We are therefore leaving in January going to :drive: south to California, going to find some :beach: Awesome prices on hotels at that time of year, got offers in the mail for 60% off and if you stay 3 nights you get dinner too, in Carmel. Too good of a deal to not go right?? :rotfl2:
We have our tree up with lights and exactly 5 ornaments. :lmao: I figure if I put 5 up every day, by christmas it will be done and I can reverse the procedure!!
Dear daughter and new grand son Carter are both doing very well.
My new cabinet doors and drawer fronts should be ready this friday!! :cheer2: will be waiting now untill after Christmas, and so probably Feb to get the counter. like I said the longest update in history I am sure.
The materials are all here at our house for the roof, we are still waiting for more than 1 day of NOT rain for it to be done :sad2: If we get a nice day it is followed and preceded by torrential rain, so it just can't happen. Our leaving on our trip will be determined by it being done of course.
LMP I am sending all kinds of good positive energy for you son to pass his exam!!

smiley - I hope the weather changes so you can get the roof done. A trip to California sounds great! My dh is actually going after new years too and the ds want to go too since its college break. We shall see.

Laurie - what car did your dh decide on?

minniejeannie - how are things going with your family and your mom?

Cheryl - how was your trip to Chicago?

Sha - is this the week end you are going to WDW?

I didnt look for Meg last time since that is the day I was getting so sick etc.

Well ds21 said he did well with his tests, still more stuff to do. He is thinking about applying for externships for the summer but they are very competititve. He likes one hospital since they rotate floors.

Dh is safe in Mich. He missed his connection since they were plane #25 to take off from NY, so he had to get a rent a car and drive another 1 12 hours in mich.

My meeting went well yest. It was good to get out of the house.

My stomach has been hurting where I had the surgery. But I know the ct scan was of the pelvis too when I was in the er and nothing was noted on it except for the bowel resection and internal stitches of course. Something just doesnt feel right. We shall see.

GAGWTA. Hope everyone is well. Blessings to all

Congrats on the new addition to your family, Smiley! Hope Carter and his little family is doing well. I hope the rain holds off so your roof can be installed soon! Did you get your cabinet drawers and drawer fronts installed yesterday?

LMP, hope the pain in your stomach subsided a bit. Glad your youngest is doing well with nursing school. Glad your mammogram was clear. I am dismayed t your story about the CM at WDW who was so rude and insensitive. I hope this is not shades of things to come.

How was the concert Cheryl?

Dancind, I finally got to work today on decorating. I bought a tree on a whim last Sunday night about 7 pm, and all we did was add water. At our house we have to put the tree up on the island in the kitchen to keep the ornaments out of our dog Naj's mouth. So I found a nice one and had them lop off the lower half. It actually worked well, but looked awfully forlorn without lights or ornaments.

I must have bought some additional lights after Christmas last year as we pulled out some nice sets of LED lights that were manageable to put on and look bright. DD17 helped me decorate the tree, now we have to get the manger scene up. She is leaving to go meet some friends, so it will have to be later.

Trying to get my act together before next Saturday, so I can be organized and enjoy DD22 and her boyfriend's visit.

So I am listening to Christmas music and cleaning up tree needles.

I guess I need to do more shopping for presents but I don't think. I have enough and I can just do money for the rest.

It is rather warm and rather humid after a couple of very cold for us (around 32 degrees at night). It is just plain weird to be balancing around this much.

I am very sad about the terrible events in the school in Connecticut. I don't understand how that no one knew this shooter was so dangerous. I hope we get answers but I can't watch the coverage after last night. All I can do is pray.

I hope everyone here remains as safe and as healthy as possible.

I haven't posted for a long time, but I've been reading all the posts as they have come up, and I send my prayers and good thoughts for all of you who are struggling with cancer and treatments.

I am 49 years old diagnosed with BRCA1 in April. I had my ovaries removed in May and they were clear. Since April, I've had a mammogram, three ultrasounds, three breast exams and an MRI. I have another mammogram scheduled for January. I have 3 lumps, one simple cyst, one complex cyst and one fibroadenoma plus microcalcifications of the left breast. I've already started worrying about my January mammo and now I am obsessing about a lump on my lower left leg. I have had it for a couple of years and mention it all the time to my doctor who says its nothing, but in August she had a locum who ordered an ultrasound which will be coming up in January.

I'm struggling with deciding if I should remove my breasts preventatively. I hate surgery, but I hate worrying. Now, I feel even more worried about my leg than anything else. I don't know if its the dreary weather and my SADS, but I feel lower and lower about everything.

Just wanted to vent. Thank you.

I haven't posted for a long time, but I've been reading all the posts as they have come up, and I send my prayers and good thoughts for all of you who are struggling with cancer and treatments.

I am 49 years old diagnosed with BRCA1 in April. I had my ovaries removed in May and they were clear. Since April, I've had a mammogram, three ultrasounds, three breast exams and an MRI. I have another mammogram scheduled for January. I have 3 lumps, one simple cyst, one complex cyst and one fibroadenoma plus microcalcifications of the left breast. I've already started worrying about my January mammo and now I am obsessing about a lump on my lower left leg. I have had it for a couple of years and mention it all the time to my doctor who says its nothing, but in August she had a locum who ordered an ultrasound which will be coming up in January.

I'm struggling with deciding if I should remove my breasts preventatively. I hate surgery, but I hate worrying. Now, I feel even more worried about my leg than anything else. I don't know if its the dreary weather and my SADS, but I feel lower and lower about everything.

Just wanted to vent. Thank you.

Just read your post and had to respond. So sorry that you feel so down, I hope things improve for you. You mentioned having your ovaries removed in May. Nor having ovaries can affect your mood since you no longer have those ever so helpful hormones!!!

I have both ovarian cancer and uterine cancer. As if it wasnt hard enough to be diagnosed with two cancers it was also tough to go into menapause overnight. (I am 45) A few months ago, I started a new medication to help with both hot flashes and my mood. I feel SO MUCH better mentally now. Maybe your doctor can prescribe something for you.

If you PM me, I'll tell you what I am taking.

Best of luck with everything.

slg, everyone is different, but if it were me, I would have them removed. I had the testing last year and was negative.

I am sorry about the worry. Vent all you like, that is why we have this thread.

Thanks for posting fortwildernessishome.

Love your user name by the way.

I forgot to answer, LMP, DH was dragging his feet, so I bought him the 2013 Accord in the dark grey/green he wanted. I did some research about negotiating a good price and it was fairly easy. Sprang for the model with the leather seats and upgraded radio, mostly because you had to go with that stuff to get the lane change camera and some other safety stuff. He is getting good mileage, has a eco button that makes the engine run even more efficiently with the longer commute he has now.

I like the way our phones are synced to the car. Much safer with the hands free calls. It even does voice commands for calling. Now I wish I had his car. oh well.

Hi ladies...

I just had a few minutes between getting photos up and heading to bed that I wanted to say hello. Things are crazy and very behind on everything. My sister is moving in for 13 weeks (the one I dont have to do things for) and this will be interesting. It has caused me a lot of emotional stress for several reasons. It will be fine I am sure and trying to think of all the pros and not the negs.

Here is a link to the pictures Jen E did http://believesinfairies.smugmug.com/Family/Jen-E-Photography-pictures/27104656_jK88hk#!i=2274592085&k=McNh7F2 (there are some photos I will need to go back and add it appears, so look now but later... maybe tomorrow, will have them all)

I hope to do the tree tomorrow.... so much to do! Will be back soon though so I can catch up. I didnt sleep Thursday night and I was ready to go to bed at 630pm.

GAGWTA

ok, those are wonderful, Sha.

just wonderful.

Mom looked so very touched.

What a gift.

Sorry your sister is moving, hope not too far away?

I am on HRT, but it really isn't the same as natural hormones. I had had my hormones checked a month or two before my ovaries were removed and I wasn't close to menopause, so perhaps that is why I am down. Thankfully I haven't had any hot flashes.

thanks for the support. Nice to know I can vent with my fellow disneyphiles:) We are off to Cocoa beach and then a Fantasy New Year's Eve cruise to Puerto Rico. I think the sun will cheer me up and take my mind off things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter