Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Chemo went well except the lack of sleep due to steroids...I a bit icky feeling today but that could be lack of sleep and hunger...Found out it was her2 negative which is great because I only have 3 more treatments~

Chemo went well except the lack of sleep due to steroids...I a bit icky feeling today but that could be lack of sleep and hunger...Found out it was her2 negative which is great because I only have 3 more treatments~

I remember those days and nights. that is great you only have 3 more to go!! :thumbsup2

Barbara - you are a sweetie

Keetmom - glad to hear you will only need 3 more treatments

So we are live from the Beach Club. The weather is great. So far yest. we went to eat at Brown Derby and the Osborne Lights, then went to see Illuminations. Today we went to epcot and le cellier and tonight back to chefs de france. We were going to go swimming but they were making up our room. When we got back in I took a nap and dh is taking one now. We must be old!

Glad the weather is cooperating.

So convenient getting to EPCOT from the Beach Cub.

Do you like your room location?

DD22 said this morning it was going to probably snow in NJ/NYC. Aren't you glad you are in Florida?

Hello ladies! Hope all is well.
LMP Mom got your card!! That was awesome of you!!! Glad the weather is warmer than it was a few days ago.

I am hoping for a brief run down in a week. We have our office Christmas party this Friday but think there will be some let downs as we have CHAPs here. There are going to be some errors found I know.

We had a great weekend for mom's birthday. When we had the pictures done, the weather wasnt too great so we did some in the room and then some outside. here is a link to a couple she posted on her FB page. Love them!!! I guess you can see why!!!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.231056990359065.55995.170096056455159&type=1

hope that works! LOL

Birthday weekend was a hit. And then a huge let down. R kind of was keeping something from me because he thought I would be upset because he went to WDW without me, but took his son. I had joust bought him an AP for him to use. I had to work so there was no way that I couldve gone. men! LOL He had said that he might take little man, so that is why I kind of knew.

hope you all had a great holiday!

Oh Sharon the pictures are yummy.

Thought the one with you and your mom could not be topped until I saw the ones with you and R in natural light.

Your photographer really captured the moment and the two of you. Thanks for sharing.

And men can be exasperating, can't they? I have one of those too!

I ordered a neat new little otterbox for my iPhone from Amazon Black Friday, the Sublime model from what they pretentiously call the Eternality Collection. Came today and I am loving it. Darker than I thought it would be but beautiful. Feels like a new phone for $38.

Enduring some drama about my wayward brother in El Paso with mom and my other dear brother in NYC and my sister. Very stressful day Monday and yesterday. I am feeling better today. Time to give some of this to God. My brother really needs help.

GAGWTA!

Barbara - you are a sweetie

Keetmom - glad to hear you will only need 3 more treatments

So we are live from the Beach Club. The weather is great. So far yest. we went to eat at Brown Derby and the Osborne Lights, then went to see Illuminations. Today we went to epcot and le cellier and tonight back to chefs de france. We were going to go swimming but they were making up our room. When we got back in I took a nap and dh is taking one now. We must be old!

Oh man, Disney vacation naps are the best!!! :thumbsup2

LMP, hope you are having a great time! I love all theChristmas decorations, especially the Osborn lights. I have Disney trip envy!

Laurie, sorry to hear about the troubles with your brother.

Keetmommy, how are you feeling?

Saw my oncologist today, and am VERY happy to say that the CT scan is showing stable from two months ago. So, he said that since it wasnt changing we will wait with the chemo. Merry Christmas to me!! I'll have another scan in January. This is certainly a crazy ride!

GAGWTA!!

LMP, hope you are having a great time! I love all theChristmas decorations, especially the Osborn lights. I have Disney trip envy!

Saw my oncologist today, and am VERY happy to say that the CT scan is showing stable from two months ago. So, he said that since it wasnt changing we will wait with the chemo. Merry Christmas to me!! I'll have another scan in January. This is certainly a crazy ride!

GAGWTA!!

:cool1::thumbsup2 such good news!!!! I am doing the happy dance for you :hug: oh and I have disney trip envy too! lol....

GAGWTA!!

Thanks for asking...Im actually doing pretty good...a bit tired at times...if I dont eat a feel a bit icky (Kindof like morning sickness...but I know that isn't it ;))...they say day 3 or 4 is about when some people start to feel ick so we will see...but I am resting alot and just trying to stay strong...and healthy!

Crazy ride and wonderful news, Cheryl.

Keetmommy, hang in there. Hope you continue to find things you feel like eating. I remember reading that you should not eat your favorite foods in the midst of chemo. I tend to think comfort food is best.

We bought something new at the local farmer's market downtown the Saturday before Thanksgiving, grits made out of ground up brown rice instead of corn logically sounds more healthy.

Maybe I am deluding myself but I think the brown rice grits taste better.

It doesn't hurt that the stuff is made locally and minimally processed. You even have to refrigerate the open packet. I thought it was a pretty ingenious new product.

Well that is your grits trivia for the day.

Crazy ride and wonderful news, Cheryl.

Keetmommy, hang in there. Hope you continue to find things you feel like eating. I remember reading that you should not eat your favorite foods in the midst of chemo. I tend to think comfort food is best.

We bought something new at the local farmer's market downtown the Saturday before Thanksgiving, grits made out of ground up brown rice instead of corn logically sounds more healthy.

Maybe I am deluding myself but I think the brown rice grits taste better.

It doesn't hurt that the stuff is made locally and minimally processed. You even have to refrigerate the open packet. I thought it was a pretty ingenious new product.

Wee that is your grits trivia for the day.
Blasphemy!! grits made from rice?? :rotfl2: we can not buy grits up here, whenever we head to California I grab a couple of boxes. It's crazy because in the Denny's restraunts here, you can get grits on the menu. I asked once if they would please sell me some!! lol....they were not allowed. I first tried grits when I was a kid, my second mom had them, she had gotten them from the US too, I used to stay for a month or so every summer with them. I guess I am a high maintainance girl, gotta have my grits from the south US, my coffee from the Carmel Valley Roasting company in Carmel CA, and my Primal Instincts soap from Huntington Beach CA. I go to a lot of trouble ordering this stuff online.Oh well :rolleyes1

forgot to ask if you can remember us in your prayers, or send us some good vibes, whatever you do..... having a hard time right now anyway, the weather has turned cold and rainy and dark, just like the day our Ken was killed. This time of year has always been depressing for me, S.A.D. but now it is nearly intolerable living here. Last night I made the mistake of answering a call that I didn't recognise the number and it was the man who was responsible for our sons death. I think he had been drinking. The gist of it is that he wants to come see us. He is obviously feeling guilty and wants our forgiveness. I don't have that to give. Why do people start going on about how hard your loved ones death is on them, how bad they feel, etc. he was looking for tea and sympathy from us. oh and was talking about a person we both know who passed away last week from cancer. he was going on about how well he looked just last week, how he thought he had it beat and was going to be fine. Jeesh, do you remember who you are talking to? Pretty much the most insensitive upsetting, angering phone call I have ever had. So I didnt' get much sleep and then woke up feelingsick. Just really overwhelmed.

Definitely will send you some Smiley! some hugs too.

Oh Smiley, I have no words strong enough to console you. What an awful experience. I wish I could give you a real hug, but I hope at least you can feel the support you will always find on this thread.

You will be in my prayers. Please come here to let your hair down about this. I think you need GAGWTA therapy.

Good afternoon ladies, catching up here

smiley - so sorry you had to endure that phone call. I am sure everything was churned up all over again. Praying for peace for you in the midst of this storm.

Pats Mom - I hope you are resting after your surgery. Said some special prayers for you.

Sha - lovely pictures

Cheryl - what wonderful news:cool1:

keetmommy - hope you are tolerating the chemo. Sorry you are going through this

Laurie - I was going to take a picture at the Beach Club, but some of the benches upstairs actually have that look of your furniture. There is a pink wash on one I saw.

Barbara - hope you arent having Turkey for Christmas!

Right now I feel like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Theres no place like home. What a trip. We did alot and ate alot. Dh said his favorite was the pot roast at Liberty Tree and my Pork chop which I didnt like from Brown Derby. I liked my salad at Brown Derby, a cobb appetizer one and the salad at Grand Flordian Cafe. None of the entrees were great or memorable. I think Disney Dining is really going mediocre. Our room was nice. A full balacony. We ate breakfast on it twice. Our room has some maintenance issues which handy man dh fixed him. The bed was terrible. We were both miserable. Saw the new Fantasyland but the line for the one ride was 70 min. standby. I dont think its all that great at all. We had fun at MVMCP. I liked seeing the christmas parade.

We ran into a totally insensitive nasty cm at the 3 pm parade viewing, an older lady. I was of course sitting in the wheelchair and she said can you walk because this section is fort hose who cant as it fills up fast. WTH:confused3. She says do you have the red disability card. I said no. Dh says, you are making my wife very upset, go away, I told her I have cancer, see this and showed her my nice neck scar. She then hassles the guy next to me in a scooter. They ignore her too. I am writing disney about her I think.She was obnoxious. I did a lot of walking and when I got tired dh pushed me.

Oh and I got really sick on Sat. So after we get off the plane we go to the urgent care center. Dh goes out to the car and then runs back in. He figures out he has left his laptop case at the airport:scared1: He actually had it hooked onto the wheelchair. I told him to put the wheelchair back inside the airport but he just left it there so if he listened to me he would have been ok. Well in that case was his 2 computers, his work id. Um if you lose that you get in big, big trouble and must be interviewed b govt. agencies etc. And not to mention our expensive new camera etc. Well he left me at the place and high tailed it to the airport. It was there. PTL! The security guard gave it to the airport police. They said they only hold it for 2 hours so he got there in time etc. I think then they turn it over to the local police etc. It would have been a hassle etc. So at this clinic I let dh come in back with me when he gets back. Really I wanted to know if he got the laptop case back. He was good and behaved this time. They thought I might have the flu and did a nose swab. Turns out neg. so its just a bad sinus infection, so now I have antibiotics for 10 days, nasal spray and narcotic cough meds. I feel miserable. With all my other pills today I have to take 12.

Dh said I wish this guy could be our real dr. etc. He was young and nice. Hmm, maybe he could buy my drs. practice when/if he retires etc. It really is just an emergency place etc.

GAGWTA.

Well I finally had my mammo today. I was actually suppose to go last month but with all the Hurricaine stuff going on I decided to wait till after our vacation.

Of course its never easy for the tech to do me. I think I have too much of a good thing so to speak:rotfl2:

She wanted to mark my scar from the old tumor surgery but she couldnt find it. I told her its ok because the scar tissue always shows on the x ray etc. The scar tissue is wrapped around the nerve.

So I am sure I will get one of those new letters here in the state that says you have dense tissue and it might be hard to read your mammo etc.

I am glad they send a results letter to the patient too because mine are going to dr. waste of my time and I know they would never actually call me with the results etc.

GAGWTA. Hope everyone is doing well. Thinking of you all.

Good afternoon ladies, catching up here

smiley - so sorry you had to endure that phone call. I am sure everything was churned up all over again. Praying for peace for you in the midst of this storm.

Pats Mom - I hope you are resting after your surgery. Said some special prayers for you.

Sha - lovely pictures

Cheryl - what wonderful news:cool1:

keetmommy - hope you are tolerating the chemo. Sorry you are going through this

Laurie - I was going to take a picture at the Beach Club, but some of the benches upstairs actually have that look of your furniture. There is a pink wash on one I saw.

Barbara - hope you arent having Turkey for Christmas!

Right now I feel like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Theres no place like home. What a trip. We did alot and ate alot. Dh said his favorite was the pot roast at Liberty Tree and my Pork chop which I didnt like from Brown Derby. I liked my salad at Brown Derby, a cobb appetizer one and the salad at Grand Flordian Cafe. None of the entrees were great or memorable. I think Disney Dining is really going mediocre. Our room was nice. A full balacony. We ate breakfast on it twice. Our room has some maintenance issues which handy man dh fixed him. The bed was terrible. We were both miserable. Saw the new Fantasyland but the line for the one ride was 70 min. standby. I dont think its all that great at all. We had fun at MVMCP. I liked seeing the christmas parade.

We ran into a totally insensitive nasty cm at the 3 pm parade viewing, an older lady. I was of course sitting in the wheelchair and she said can you walk because this section is fort hose who cant as it fills up fast. WTH:confused3. She says do you have the red disability card. I said no. Dh says, you are making my wife very upset, go away, I told her I have cancer, see this and showed her my nice neck scar. She then hassles the guy next to me in a scooter. They ignore her too. I am writing disney about her I think.She was obnoxious. I did a lot of walking and when I got tired dh pushed me.

Oh and I got really sick on Sat. So after we get off the plane we go to the urgent care center. Dh goes out to the car and then runs back in. He figures out he has left his laptop case at the airport:scared1: He actually had it hooked onto the wheelchair. I told him to put the wheelchair back inside the airport but he just left it there so if he listened to me he would have been ok. Well in that case was his 2 computers, his work id. Um if you lose that you get in big, big trouble and must be interviewed b govt. agencies etc. And not to mention our expensive new camera etc. Well he left me at the place and high tailed it to the airport. It was there. PTL! The security guard gave it to the airport police. They said they only hold it for 2 hours so he got there in time etc. I think then they turn it over to the local police etc. It would have been a hassle etc. So at this clinic I let dh come in back with me when he gets back. Really I wanted to know if he got the laptop case back. He was good and behaved this time. They thought I might have the flu and did a nose swab. Turns out neg. so its just a bad sinus infection, so now I have antibiotics for 10 days, nasal spray and narcotic cough meds. I feel miserable. With all my other pills today I have to take 12.

Dh said I wish this guy could be our real dr. etc. He was young and nice. Hmm, maybe he could buy my drs. practice when/if he retires etc. It really is just an emergency place etc.

GAGWTA.

:mad: Oh My goodness!!! I sure hope you do write that letter! I am shocked anyone so stupid would be working for Disney!! even if you can walk a bit, that does not mean you can stay standing for the parade without keeling over! Good grief this absolutely made my blood boil!!! I am so glad your hubby got his stuff back! other than that sounds like an awesome break away from reality for a bit!! if you get a chance to show us any pictures that would be so nice!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter