Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

momof2mnnies - glad you found the thread. That sounds like encouraging news. Eishing you al the best

Sha - I am glad you had a great time in NO, but sorry you had to deal with that strange and creepy guy and your friends foot problems. I am sure you are missing R. Sounds like a whirlwind week end. Loved looking at the pictures. Was this your birthday too??

Laurie - Sounds like you had a fun and busy week end. Glad you got to see your ds. Hope your foot is healing.

Thanks to both of you for doing the walk:)

ols - nice to see you dropping by

Ann - How wonderful that you did the ACS event. Avery is in my prayers.

Well this should be my 9,000th post, so I decided to spend it with all the wonderful ladies here:yay::yay:

Did our annual trip to the pumpkin patch yest after church. Minus ds24 who is not liking any of us lately. Of course I just sit and people watch and eat of course! Popcorn, roasted corn, caramel apple (yuck), etc. Ds 20 and 22 got 3 pumpkins to put out front. Ds22 noticed one pumpkin had a sticker from Penn. on it!! I guess they truck them in around here etc.

Cheryl - you would love this - 3 pumpkins =$42!!

I skipped the hay bales and corn stalks. Too tired.

Oh and of course...pies. OK dh was on a pie kick. He just wouldnt stop, so we have coconut custard (yuck) apple caramel pecan , good as usual, new one - peach praline (my new favorite) and pecan (havent tried it yet).

Then we stopped to see the sound. Just beautiful and you could see the sunset and Connecticut in the distance.

Ds20 is now done with the nursing home and starts clinicals in the hosp. ortho floor this friday.

Hope everyone has a good week - GAGWTA

Hey there Ladies... going to be quick as I have things I have to do for work (on call). Update about my friend Nancy... broken just above the ankle. It was a lucky break where it was.

No LMP, not my birthday. BUT I am going to spend my 45th in NOLA I think... that at least is my sudden urge. A big blow out weekend.

Broken, poor Nancy. Thanks for the update. Gosh it is amazing that she was as mobile as she was.

Great idea for a birthday Sha!

Sha - hope Nancy is healing and not in too much pain or discomfort

Well I just got a script in the mail from my endo for some blood tests. I forgot that i needed them before this infusion. They check kidney stuff to make sure the levels are good because this infusion can really ruin your kidneys.

So of course I just went on line and there are no appts. available tomm. I think this is because of the impending storm we are getting. So I will just have to go there and sit and wait and hopefully it will be less than 1 hour. Not what I wanted to do on a Sat., but oh well.

Oh and some of this blood work is the same that dr. waste my time never called me back about, so I guess I can ask the endo. what the updated info is and tell dr. waste my time I already had it again and know some of the results, its not all the stuff he ordered. That will be when I get a flu shot.

And since the storm is coming we will go the grocery store and home depot etc. Also I dont know how much candy to get because of this. Will really need to listen to the weather. And I was originally thinking that this was when we come back from Food and Wine, lol Guess we would be stuck in Disney another day etc. if we were there.

A month from today and we will be at the Beach Club,:yay:

Ds20 had his clinical at the hosp. ortho floor today and one of his friends patients started coding. oh gosh. Ds said he was glad that was not his patient etc.

Wed. he has to go and have lunch with the college president again.

GAGWTA. Hope everyone has a good week end. Blessings to you all.

All you ladies down south stay safe in the storm!! Had my MRI on tues will see new onc on thurs for results, same day hubby gets his dental surgery. Kitchen is moving sloooooowly but it is moving. hubby also broke another tooth during the night :( I feel like one of those jugglers with all the plates spinning in the air on poles right now there is so much going on. bleh!

Hi, everybody! I am new to the disboards (even though I have lurked off and on for a while) and I am happy to have found this thread! I was diagnosed on November 2, 2011 with breast cancer at age 40. My planned lumpectomy turned into a partial mastectomy when they discovered that my cancer was more extensive when they got in there. I did 35 rounds of radiation. I finished rads on Feb. 27th and to celebrate, my two DDs and I hopped on a plane to WDW for the 24 hour leap year "One More Disney Day"! It was determined that traditional chemo was not the best route for me to go, so instead, along with the daily tamoxifen, I get monthly abdominal injections of zoladex and every six months I have an infusion of zometa. I will do this for at least 3 years (tamo for 5 years). Last month I had the first stage of my reconstructive surgery, with the second stage in 3-6 months. In the meantime, my DDs and I are returning to WDW in December for a much needed vacation. This has all been particularly hard for us because my husband decided that living with us isn't "fun" and he wants to do "what he wants to do, when he wants to do it" without regards to a family- especially when they are dealing with cancer. So he left us. I have had to go through all of this by myself since my family is far away and their own health issues kept them at home. The hardest part was hiding my own fears in order to keep my children from worrying. The hurt they felt when their father looked them in the eye and said "I'm not happy and I'm going to go find what will make me happy" was bad enough, and when they turned to me and cried while they asked "don't WE make him happy?" I knew that I could not let them have the added weight of worrying about me on their shoulders. The biggest kicker is that my husband is an oncologist! He works about 30 minutes south of where we live and doesn't want anyone down there to know that he left us. I have to go there for treatment and have to hear how wonderful, caring, and compassionate he is! I want a legal separation, but he is dragging his feet because he thinks that it will lead to people finding out what he did. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place right now because I need his health insurance coverage. Oh, well, enough venting :furious: !

Anyway...I am so glad that I can surround myself with Disney to take my mind off things, and I just remind myself each day that it could be worse. I am extremely thankful that both of my children are healthy. I will take myself with cancer anyday over either one of them being ill, so I must consider myself blessed. :)

If you have managed to stick with me this far, thanks for letting me vent! :blush:

Welcome, Emcalma. I'm glad you found us. I am :headache: reading your post. But at least you sound very strong and level-headed. Oh well, I believe in karma. Nothing good can come out of that type of behavior, especially when the chips are down. Are you children elementary, middle or high school age?

Thanks, Pea-N-Me. I, too, am a big believer in karma. My oldest daughter is in middle school (8th grade) and my youngest is in elementary school (5th grade).

Thanks, Pea-N-Me. I, too, am a big believer in karma. My oldest daughter is in middle school (8th grade) and my youngest is in elementary school (5th grade).

Good to have you post, Emcalma. Venting is a good thing here. We all need to do that from time to time.

The impact of your husband's selfishness on you and your daughters makes me so sad. You sound like a survivor in more than one way. I am glad you have Disney for your escape hatch. It has served and continues to serve as an escape for me as well.

As far as your husband goes, thee will be a time he will look back and regret the path he is taking.

Of that I am sure.

I hope your reconstruction is a complete success. I had free tram surgery in 2006. Are you having the tissue transplant version of reconstruction? I think reconstruction is a great step personally. Glad you have the insurance to make it work. How is the healing process going?

Hey there Emcalma, glad you found us and are a Disney escape artist like us too! Like Snappy said, one day your husband will really regret his decision. I really wish you were not contstrained by the need of his insurance, it would be so nice to be able to let other people know what he really is like. I had my last surgery August 2011, and finished my radiation in November that year. I had several months of horrendous chemotherapy as well. I just had an MRI last tuesday so I will see the onc on thursday to see how things are going. I've been kind of holding off reconstruction until I get a few good reports, I figure no sense in wasting all that good reconstruction work if I just have to get some more cut off!! ( I had a localised reoccurance which was big enough to notice by 6 months after my first surgery ) My recovery has been slowed due to the grieving of our dear son who died just 3 weeks after my first surgery.

I just was catching up on the thread -- When is your trip to WDW Emcalma? I hope its an outstanding trip. And as the ladies said, Karma will come around. I hope your children realize that they did make him happy, that he is being selfish. I hope that he realizes his actions before they become a regret that will destroy his relationship with the children. You appear to be handling this with grace. Many prayers and hugs for you!!!

Momof2minnies glad you too found this thread... great bunch of ladies and very helpful. A sisterhood.

Nancy is doing well. Said its only been a week the other day and its already gotten old. LOL She is going to WDW this coming weekend. I think she has a Party for the Senses event.

Sorry to say, but I can't believe some of the things I have seen already with Sandy and what people do and don't do. Oh my! Have the southern states not taught them enough on how to prepare?

I sent some ribbons out that I wore. I would still love to have one for everyone on thread here. I sent Lisa's to her family. I miss her.

I hope everyone in the path of Sandy is staying safe! Looks terrible on the news.

I've been following along with everybody, just havent been in a posting mood I guess. Everything is fine here, been keeping very busy trying to get a lot done before chemo starts again next month. Heading to the F&W on Wednesday for a few days.

Take care everybody. GAGWTA!! :goodvibes

Enjoy your trip, Cheryl!

Hope you get good news on Thursday, smilie!

Hope everybody up the east coast is ok! I have been in touch as much as possible with my brother in Manhattan and DD22 in NJ, he lost power last night, she is still ok in NJ.

No hype on this storm, it appears worse than billed.

Take care all!

nervous for my results tomorrow so here not sleeping blah. Cheryl hope you have a wonderful time there! I am jealous! Kitchen is slowwwwwwly coming together. the island is so beautiful and the color on the walls, linen, with bright white trip, it's getting so much brighter in there. Hoping my cabinets the furniture builder is making will not take too much longer. Found some beautiful hand cut seaglass colored knobs for them. Anyway everyone stay safe over there in or near Sandy!!
I will post a picture when it's all done, my kitchenwas so old and bad I would be too embarassed to post a picture yet!
It poured rain here, kept the kids at the organisedevents and we only had 3 come to the door. gave most of the rest to the grandkids but feel guilty giving them all that sugar!

Glad getting the reclast this time was not a zoo for you LMP.

Hi ols386, hope you are well.

Jobhunter, did you get any more information about whether the areas of concern need to come out? I hope your biopsied area is healing a bit.

Thanks Snappy. Yes I'm doing ok.

Have been laying low for last couple of months. Had back surgery at end of August. Re-cooping, but it's slow. Also, tapering off of narcotic pain meds, that I've been on, for a while. That's a slow go too, but needs to be done. Narcotics are bad on the liver.

Hope you are doing well, Snappy.

Emcalma - glad you found this thread and all the wonderful ladies here. I am so sorry you have to deal with the issues with your dh on top of the cancer. I pray you will find peace through this storm. You sound like you have great inner strength and that in itself is a blessing. You sound like a wonderful mom too. I hope you Disney trip will be be wonderful for you and your dd's

Smiley - thinking of you and hope you get a good report

Cheryl - thinking of you too. :hug:. Have a great Food and Wine Trip.

Sha - so sweet that you sent that ribbon to Lisa family . I saw a picture of Meg on pintrest that she was dressed as a pirate and looked happy.

Laurie - glad your dd is ok and hope your db gets power back soon

Pats mom - hope you had a good trip and that you are recovering from your surgery

ols - sorry to hear that you are still recovering from the back surgery. I had 3 of them. Yes getting off the pain pills is a process and I hope it goes well for you.

And this is a Hurricane update post

Finally after 4 days we have power again! Praise the Lord. Did we pray lots of thanks today!

Sun. we went to the store to stock up. It was really bad. Crowded lines, Low on stuff like bread etc. At the home depot. Dh got some of the last batteries, an energizer lantern (A Godsend!) and someone broke a 2 pack of charcoal apart and he got one of the last bags of that. (We had to skip church to get all of this done)

In the afternoon actually 5:30 I had dh take me the univ. hosp. I had pain in my back since thurs. I was getting worse and the L side was getting swollen. They thought I had either a muscle pull or a pulmonary embolism. so 9 tubes of blood, 2 ivs of fluid, heart monitoring and a chest ct scan and they said it was just a bad muscle pull. PTL! Finally got home at 2 am before the hurricane really set in. DS 2 and 3 cooked an early dinner mon. 5 pm and then the lights went out.

It was so cold here! DS 2 grilled for us for 2 days. DS1 went over friends. DS2 and 3 went to the closed college to take a hot shower at the student gym etc. Little trick or treates came out before 5.

The schools and colleges have been closed here all week. We dont have tv but do have teh internet. Everyone is getting edgy. (Not our family per se, just everyone in general)

One store was charging $10 for bread! The ds went to the movies last night and it was packed.

Gas here right now is a big, big problem. Many fights and police etc. DH saw police manning one station by his work. One has a sign, no gas. I told the ds no joy riding, save the gas. Dh is leaving sun .f or his trip.

Our house only had 1 vent that came loose, so that was great. I hope I am not getting a cold from being so cold. My ear hurts and the sinuses too etc.

It was tough but we are doing so much better than others. They are in my prayers.

GAGWTA

Oh and i forgot to add that when the ds were going to the college, someone decided to throw some spikes in the road and ds and 2 others ran over them and got flat tires.:mad:
http://www.disboards.com/images/smilies/mad.gif
Thanks heavens we were planning on replacing all his tires anyway which got done today. Glad ds2 was with ds3 to help him etc. (He only got 1 flat)

Its been trying here to say the least

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter