Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Busy isnt the word for it LMP.... lost a day or 2 and trying to catch up. I am almost out of ribbon and would love to wear your names for the Breast Cancer walk NEXT SATURDAY :faint: I would like first and last... but that is up to you. I have Snappy, Pea n me, Smiley, our dear Lisa.... LMPs.... I know I can put your ID on, just let me know. Can PM me...

Jobhunter you are in a good place with these ladies. And I am sure you are anxious. Just remember to breathe.

Laurie... will see you soon either in BR or NOLA.

Took mom to the ED yesterday morning and then she was admitted to r/o cardiac and do a work up. Was given option to go home yesterday evening after being there all day. We opted for an overnight with Echo this morning and will f/u with cardiologist. Afterall, it will tie into her TIA she had.

NOT PACKED! Shirts were wrong and I have a couple back ups on the way at the last minute but not for the whole team. Was out of my budget. Just was so disappointed.

I have photos up on the team FB page. hope that works. I will be posting pictures there and its public. Feel free if you have FB to log in and then like the page. THANK YOU LADIES!!!! Love you all and GAGWTA!!!

OH and I have a pink tutu LMAO

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.320814738016577.70322.205809662850419&type=3

Thanks for commenting oh jobhunter's post, pea n me.

Jobhunter's, please update us when you receive your results. We care.

See ya soon, Sha. And go get packed, will ya? Eighties and low seventies this week. Hope Saturday is nice and dry.

Thank you all so much! They called me today and said the results were benign, but not what it was or if I need to have them out anyway. I guess I will find that out on Wednesday when I go back to have my biopsy sites checked. Thank you all so much.

Jobhunter, I am so glad to hear you got good news.

Ladies, it has been a while since I posted. Things have been terribly hectic around here. My stepdaughter and grandson are living in a house that the bank has foreclosed on. They are waiting for the notice to vacate. We'd let them live with us but her husband has to come with her!

So they begged us to help them buy a foreclosed on fixer upper in southern NH. The house was in really bad shape but they had all the workers lined up and they were all friends who would do things for cost. So we took out a home equity line of credit and bought the house. Since then, none of the expected work has been done. We are fighting with our son in law who evidently wants to take off to Kentucky and raise horses so he is deliberatly sabotaging everything we try to do! Major stress in the household!

And in the middle of all that, I went for what was supposed to be my last three month cystoscopy. It would mark two years since diagnosis and I would graduate to six month checkups. Instead they found several small tumors in a new location. It is expected that they are high grade bladder cancer just like the last ones but hopefully these have not penetrated the bladder lining like the first tumors. I will find out soon. Surgery is scheduled for Wednesday. And then I am leaving for Food and Wine Festival on Saturday! It will keep my mind off waiting for the appointment to review pathology. But the doctor has already warned me that I will be doing more chemo. Can hardly wait for that to begin!

LMP - glad you got good results on your scan.

Patsmom, wow. I am so so
Sorry you have to deal with other peoples problems at a time like this.
I sincerely hope you are not losing too much and when it comes to adult
Children especially, tough love is the way to go. I cant believe they have
Put you in such a position :(
We have just helped out a young family who are moving up to the Yukon
so they can be near family because they were just not making it here. She
is pregnant and they have a 3 year old and they became homeless. So with
our roof and my kitchen remodel and our teeth we really cant go anywhere
for a while. But I am glad we helped them anyway. I am grateful that as hard
as things have been we all have income and homes and each other. I will be
praying hard for you!

almost out of ribbon that was treated with hairspray, so I made a ribbon to cover everyone that has the thread name on one side and GAGWTA on the other. Time was running low... at least I am packed with a couple items to go in.

I have butterflies!!! OMG! R does this to me ALL the time!!!

for my goal, I am $32 shy, for the team, $532 at least. I have $151.01 for the t-shirt vote.

Thank you Smiley for liking the FB team page!!! Will post there for updates and probably wont be back on here until next week. Stay safe, know you are ALL thought of and am carrying you with me on Saturday!!!

Patsmom, what a horrible situation, especially when you have tried so very hard to help your stepdaughter and her family. Do you have legal counsel? I think you need to protect your "investment" in that house.

This is extremely stressful even without your underlying health issues.

good luck with your surgery today.

I hope you get the best news possible on the new tumors. I hate that you have to face more chemo.

I hope you are able to relax and enjoy Food and Wine and escape for a few days.

Smilie, so nice that you were able to help that young family. How very generous and selfless you and your husband are!

I am looking forward to spending some time with Sha this weekend, and hopefully before for dinner or something. I'll be spending a couple of nights with my friend Cindy who is also walking in the race, her first.

It looks like one of those rare amazing beautiful days we have here in the fall.

DD22 was hired full time by the company in NYC where she has done her 3 month paid internship. She starts Monday and leased a Sonata Monday night as she will have a car allowance through work as she needs it for her job.

It was an interesting night helping her that night. Funny thing is that my DH also needs a more reliable car for his longer commute to his new job. He can't figure out what he wants. He needs to make a decision already.

Meanwhile he is still spending way too much time at his old job, helping them until a replacement is hired. I admire him for doing it but it is making me crazy!

GAGWTA everyone.

jobhunter - so happy to hear that your results were good

PatsMom - Sending you prayers and wishing you all the best with your surgery today. Hope you are not in too much pain and recover quickly. The Food and Wine will be a great stress reliever for you and your dh. Have a wonderful trip. You surely have too much on your plate right now. So sorry you are dealing with all these family and financial issues.

smiley - You were so sweet to help that couple. I am sure they appreciate it. I hope you get your roof situation fixed soon. I know what you mean about the finances. I have given up on the food and wine. Dh and I both need major dental stuff, we have the roof next year too and probably driveway etc.

Sha - looked at your pictures. You are such a sweetie and are definetly showing the love for everyone!

Laurie - so glad to hear the news about your dd getting the job permanently. In this economy I am sure she knows how blessed she is for sure.

Well my reclast run around went so good this time. Only 2 calls to the insurance company and then back to the drs. office a while ago. Success! Its scheduled for Nov. 12th.

Tomm. dh is leaving for Michigan and then he told me he is off to california and the west coast the week before our vacation in Nov. Sigh.

I am planning on buying the airline tickets for our trip tomm. I guess I waited too long. The price is so expensive. Glad we have those vouchers to use for being stuck in Orlando in May for 4 hours.

GAGWTA

Thank you all so much! They called me today and said the results were benign, but not what it was or if I need to have them out anyway. I guess I will find that out on Wednesday when I go back to have my biopsy sites checked. Thank you all so much.

That sounds like good news. Glad to hear that. Let us know what you find out when you go back.

Just wanted to stop by and say "hi" to all.:thumbsup2

Glad getting the reclast this time was not a zoo for you LMP.

Hi ols386, hope you are well.

Jobhunter, did you get any more information about whether the areas of concern need to come out? I hope your biopsied area is healing a bit.

Well ladies, survived the walk. Trip was good in so many ways and yet, its harder and harder for me leaving my boyfriend.

Arrived on Tuesday and was with R until Thursday. I had dinner with Laurie that evening. Was really good. And then on Friday, she and I did a rush (literally) trip over to see my Aunt. My aunt has had a stroke a few months ago and all that is effected is her speech it seems. But she is doing well otherwise. Then I left with my neighbor and her sister/brother in law for NOLA.

We had appetizers for dinner and a couple glasses of wine. After her family left us, we went to the French Quarter. We were on the opposite side of Bourban street, so all we had to do is cross a couple blocks over Canal and we were there. 5 blocks in, Nancy fell because they are redoing the streets and it wouldn't have mattered what shoes she had had on, but she was hurt. We got her up on the curb, I grabbed ice from a bar right there at the corner. When I came out there was a medic there (off duty) and they got us in a cab back to our hotel. Ice and elevation. The hotel gave us crutches as they couldn't find the wheelchair. The evening was spent in the room but that was fine. We had been on our way to Pat Obriens.

Saturday morning came early! and we got a cab over to the walk. It was PACKED! and the driver got us as close as he could. Laurie was having trouble finding us even but finally she did. She also found the EMS I had been looking for (but they had moved) and got us an ace wrap for Nancy's ankle. She didn't walk. She sat with some very nice women and I found when I finished. Her sister and her family found us just after that and then Laurie and her friend found us. I know Laurie and her friend had things they wanted to do and we needed to get Nancy going too. We left to have lunch at a place called ACME. I had a New Orleans sampling. Nancy and I went back to the room and then off I went to the French Quarter. R didnt want me to go alone.... know why too! had a little incident but Im okay thanks to nice guys :goodvibes Did go to Cafe du Monde. Didnt like the coffee but the beignets were good. I had only one, Nancy had one too. Got a couple gifts earlier and eventually back to the room.

Dinner that evening was at Deanies. Was good but SO late!!! Then of couse this morning was heading home. Really missed and still missing R. Its harder and harder to leave. And hard too because he wasnt there for this. He got worried about the incident. Just some guy following me for quite awhile. I chalked up as coincidence until I left Cafe du Monde. Then he was still behind me to each store. Finally I saw 2 guys who seemed normal and they were really nice. Got them a couple beers and they got me back okay.

Battery is low.... be back

The walk, was good. I have pictures on the page that I have shared before, but will post here again. I have more pictures to add to it still. Maybe tomorrow. Well, maybe not. Im on call and mom has some things happening too. The weekend before the walk, she complained of arm pain so she spent a night in the cardiac until and everything was clear. Has a follow up with cardiologist tomorrow afternoon. Her battery for her right hand is almost out, but if it can hold out for a week, then we are good. So my week off from work was not boring to say the least. We didnt do everything we planned but its okay.

just my heart is aching... missing a huge part that R has. Gotta get some sleep... back to work tomorrow. Thank you all for your support!! Will update more pics on the link below soon!

http://www.facebook.com/teamhakunamatatas/

Gosh Sha, that is crazy scary about the guy following you in the French quarter.

I am so sorry.

Hope your friend is on the mend. Sorry we did not get to visit more after the race. I limped over to the street car line (the neuroma on my right foot flared up during the race), and we took the street car to the end of line, jumped on the bus to continue to the river and grabbed the ferry to get to the west bank. It was a long commute.:rolleyes:

After a post race nap, a trip to the grocery store to make an entree for a friend's dinner party, we drove with the top down across the Mississippi River bridget in Cindy's new Volvo convertible to Bucktown around 6:30 to eat dinner not far from where you did last night. What a wild ride!

We met up there with my DS24 for a nice dinner. I had not seen him for more than a month, from before the crazy hurricane when he lost power for a week.

I must be getting old since I was in bed by 9 pm each night. In New Orleans, that just seems wrong.

Headed back down there all next weekend to bring DD16 and a friend for VOODOO fest (music festival), again staying with Cindy.

This is turning out to be a busy fall.

I like busy!

Uggh...I just lost a long post! Sigh.

GAGWTA ladies!!

shinysparkly...I hope your friend found the thread!

patsmom, hope you are finding some respite at Food&Wine from all the family stress and the prospect of more chemo ahead. Thinking of you!!

jobhunter...great news!!

snappy...congrats to your DD. I hope you and Sha connected and made some good memories this weekend!

I did ACS Making Strides last weekend, volunteering int he Survivor Outreach tent as well as the walk itself. A busy and physically tiring but emotionally uplifting day!!

My sister had an ultrasound on a little lump and it is a fluid-filled cyst- hooray!

My co-woker's wife is going through the scary time: annual mammo 2 weeks ago, callback for diagnostic this past Friday...they have scheduled her to see a surgeon in two weeks. They found suspicious calcifications as well as a "nodule". The "don't bleed before you are shot" mantra is made even more difficult because of a couple of more factors: her own mother died from breast cancer close to 20 year ago, and shortly after her mom's death she was diagnosed with MS. She is wheelchair bound due to the progression of her MS. She is likely going to have a surgical biopsy as she cannot physically manage the stereotactic needle biopsy, where you have to climb up and then maneuver face down into position on the table. Please keep this sweet lady in your prayers!

My grandson Avery is plugging along with his leukemia chemo, his spirits remain high and his schoolwork is going wonderfully. He's just inspiring. Our family continues to appreciate all of the DISers who continue to follow him on Caring Bridge and send your caring thoughts and prayers!

I had written more....too tired to recreate....
please know that I am always thinking of you all!!!! :grouphug:

Good to see you, Ann! Yes your little grandson is inspiring. I admire his entire family's strength and love of each other.

Congrats on finishing your walk and efforts with the American Cancer Society walk!

What a feeling I had yesterday when I made it to the finish line. My friend and I talked non stopped along the way so it seemed like it flew by. She sat with me on a bench when the nerve pain in my foot starting shooting up.

But when I went under the finish line maker, one of the M.C.'s on the mike announced me and my number. I just pumped my arms up in the air and I felt like a winner.

I felt powerful and amazing.

I never would have attempted it without Sha's encouragement and organization skills. They should hire her to whip Washington into shape, lol.

You ladies can't imagine how great she looks. She has been working our and training and is more beautiful than I have seen her since I first met up with her about 4 years ago. I could not keep up with her if my life depended on it. R. is one lucky Cajun.

She had dozens of pink ribbons with names pinned to her shirt, and she gave me a bunch of you ladies names to pin on my shirt. I wore them proudly so you all are empowered!

I did not take pictures, my friend is pretty adamant about not having her picture taken so I refrained from all pictures. But I can tell you that team Hakuna ma tatas was a force to be reckoned with. Some of us may have been incognito but we were still brave warriors!

GAGWTA!

Good morning ladies- I am on the disboards every morning,it's like my morning paper. I would like to thank the ladies that showed me this link.

I wish I was here to talk vacation-well we are actually going on the Fantasy in 74 days, final payment was yesterday.

I am here because on Sept 11th I was diagnosed with DCIS w microinvasion, er+/pr-, her 2 +++, node neg. Waiting for 2nd lumpectomy results today-1st margins were not clear.

Based on the size and microinvasion my onco is telling me hormones and radiation only.The NCCN guidelines show if microinvasion no need for herceptin-the risks outweigh the benefits.

Do any of you have any advice?

TIA
Linda

Glad you found us, Linda. This is my go to place to in the morning.

No advice for you personally. Hoping others will weigh in.

Wishing you get the best news possible today.

Ladies-good news this morning! My margins are clear!!!!!!!!! I also asked about my concern related to the her2+++. She said her2 has to do with the microinvasion part and mine is <1mm therefore micoinvasion by definition.If you only have dcis w/o microinvasion they don't even test you for it-this is true becuase my SIL is going thru this too and she has no microinvasion and was not tested.

So based on that and the guidelines I will need only radiation and hormones- now I need clear mammo first.

I am glad I found you ladies here
Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter