Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Sending many prayers to everyone Boston.

My friend's daughter was just in Boston visiting MIT last weekend, came back Sunday night.

Stay safe!

I just got the results - it was benign! Thank you for listening to me, I've been a wreck this week. I told my DH I don't know how you all do it, dealing with this monster. I have renewed respect for all of you and will keep you in my prayers. :hug:

You need to go no matter. Another few weeks isn't going to make a difference.

I told DH yesterday that I'm thinking of pulling enough from an IRA for a river cruise in France in 2014. He was concerned about retirement and I told him its time to work on the bucket list! I am 60 next month, yes it's time!

I think the river cruise is a great idea. I am stage 4 (unknown origin) so I am deifnitely working on my bucket list. Last month I did China. It was wonderful. In the fall I am doing Tuscany for nine days. And in 2014 a river cruise in Russia with my daughter. I am not 59 1/2 yet and all my retirement money is in my company plan. Since I am still working even if I wanted to pay the penalties I couldn't get to the money. So I am spending my husband's! He's older than me and has been retired for quite a while. I just tell myself that it is time for my retirement trips now - later may not happen. I hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

I think the river cruise is a great idea. I am stage 4 (unknown origin) so I am deifnitely working on my bucket list. Last month I did China. It was wonderful. In the fall I am doing Tuscany for nine days. And in 2014 a river cruise in Russia with my daughter. I am not 59 1/2 yet and all my retirement money is in my company plan. Since I am still working even if I wanted to pay the penalties I couldn't get to the money. So I am spending my husband's! He's older than me and has been retired for quite a while. I just tell myself that it is time for my retirement trips now - later may not happen. I hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

:hug: It's good that you're making plans and checking things off that list.

Snappyd that's great news! :banana:

PatsMom, glad you had a good time on your trip.....any pictures for us to see?

Been keeping up with all the Boston news today - what an amazing job by all involved.

GAGWTA!!

Wow, you've got a great list! Maybe I should just follow you around? My plan is downgraded a bit, no cruise but possibly an apartment in Rome and one in Paris for enough days to enjoy the area. Less money, I will probably want to go back! Tuscany sounds pretty wonderful.

SnapppyD, so glad to hear your news. I am sorry you got beat up, I do know how that is.

Laurie, will send out the PPD for your daughter. It's much worse when they are in trouble, isn't it? When DD broke her wrist I wanted to take care of her, but she handled a lot of it herself. I just went for the surgery, and paid the bills of course.

Poor Lulu! She looks confused, like she's not sure why she isn't playing either.

snappyd - congrats on the good results:yay:

Linda - continued prayers for healing in Mass. Interesting discussion on allnurses.com about would you want to be the bombers nurse?

Laurie - How is K. doing?

Cheryl - little lulu looks so forlorn in the cage. Hope she is healing. Poor pup.

PatsMom - so glad you enjoyed your trip to China and your next trip sounds wonderful too. See you will be at Disney in May, will you be there when Laurie and I are there?

Peg - How are you feeling?

Diana - hows is your dd doing post surgery?

My friend in NJ son goes to Berklee College of Music which I think is right on the street of the bombings? Linda I guess you would know this. Well that friday night was suppose to be his senior recital to graduate etc. So I dont know if my girlfriend was there then or not. It was cancelled I saw on line. Must have been scary for him being so close too. I will have to get in touch with her.

Well dh is leaving sun. for an overnight trip to Michigan. Dh has also decided to take ds3 with him to Los Angeles Actually ds will be flying back and forth himself. Its on mothers day week end and I think they are going to Disneyland maybe. I know dh doesnt want to be lonely etc but I wish it wasnt mothers day week end. Oh well, nothing I can do about it. Such is life.

Well I am bad and havent made one adr yet I better get a move on it, maybe tomm.

My r hip and thigh muscle have been really bothering me. The urgent care told me before when they thought I had the blood clot that I should go see an orthopedist. We shall see.

I gotta call the onc and cancel and reschedule my appt. She is a real type A personality. She has a little black book that she carries around . She is scheduled to the max, so thats why I want to get on that too.

When are you and Snappy going to be there? It was so much fun the trip we got together for Illuminations! I am going over Labor Day weekend. I can't remember the exact dates - that is DH's job. We are later than usual because DD is graduating from college this year and we weren't sure when her actual ceremony would be when we were making reservations. Got the Wilderness Lodge this trip so we are planning on Artist Point for a celebratory dinner. Since one of her big life goals is to eat at every restaurant at Disney! She has been working on that for about 10 years now.

She is doing the Relay for Life this year. I am pretty proud of her. I always relayed and this year the chemo is just wiping me out so she announced that she was going to Relay for me. She signed up for the college relay at her campus and borrowed my fundraising list. So she has raised quite a bit of money for a college kid who is busy with final papers and stuff and doesn't have time for fund raising activities. She's bringing her lap top to the relay so she can work on last minute requirements for graduation while taking breaks! I am going to walk the Survivor's Lap and then hang out a little bit and then come home and rest. This is one of the nicest things she could have done for me!

Events in Boston have kind of dragged me down. Hard to look at someone who can just take life away like that when you are fighting for your own. This week is long chemo day so I am not looking forward to that. changing it up and going on Thursday. My daughter is a dual major and her second major (international affairs) has a special luncheon to honor those graduating with honors. She is one of them so Friday is luncheon day. And she is presenting a paper. Since I am going to Florida to swim with the dolphins next week it actually works out pretty good. Next week will be a short day for chemo and I can do it early on THursday and then get on the plane for Florida in the afternoon. Just the Gemzar usually doesn't give me much problem with nausea, just tiredness. And I can sleep on the plane.

PatsMom - those trips sound wonderfull! You will love Tuscany - breathtaking views and delicious food :) I dual majored in International Affairs also....was planning on going into International Law. Have fun swimming with the dolphins; are you going to Discovery Cove?

I have been busy busy busy - we got the DCIS news the end of Jan right before our next round of fertility treatments and then we were leaving for our delayed honeymoon/cancerversary in Fiji :) Fiji was the most amazing, relaxing, heavenly vacation ever. I think it was much need for my husband and I after the last two years. After a week it was back to reality and the constant go go go of work for both of us.

Two week's after being home and getting ready to start the "tour of doctors" (I was scheduled to see 5 in the first week of March); we got some amazing news. We are expecting in Oct/Nov. I am 13 wks this week - it was our 4th round of fertility meds and one of the doctors we were suppose to see was the IVF doctor. Its been a rough 3 months; trying to balance my thyroid medications and being so suppressed on those meds.

We leave Thursday for a Young Adult Cancer conference and I am interested to talk to some of the breast cancer and thyroid survivors about pregnancy after. My doctors are working together great, conferencing with one another about drugs, hormone levels, etc.

Thanks ladies for all the inspiration!!

A week

Linda - Interesting discussion on allnurses.com about would you want to be the bombers nurse?
I did give some thought to that cause I easily could have been! (I took the week off - kids were off and DH and I got some projects done around the house.) I guess you could say yes, I wouldn't mind. It would be hard, no doubt, but when I'm at work, everyone's pretty much the same at their core: human beings. I've taken care of people from all walks of life and I try to treat them all the same. If they treat me respectfully, we're good. Now, if I was not at work and I ran into him on the street, I might feel differently. (I haven't given that one much thought.)

Just a quick update. I had my forth infusion yesterday. Not feeling great today. This tends to be the pattern. By Saturday, I should be feeling better. I'll check back on all of you in a couple of days!

PatsMom -- prayers for an easy go of it tomorrow

WDWDancer -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay: So excited and happy for you.

Feralpeg -- sending pixie dust and good vibes your way. Hope you're feeling better sooner than Saturday.

Hi, Ladies! I'm finally to the point where I feel like reading through the past few pages of posts. I've been thinking of you all!

I'm so glad I'm done with my fourth and final round of the type of chemo I've been receiving. Each time, it has taken a lot more out of me. I'm feeling better, but so glad that type is over. I can't taste anything again, but at least the big lump in my throat has decreased. Texture is a huge issue, so I'm living on yogurt. The good news is that I lost another five pounds. By the time I'm done with this, I may have a new svelt appearance! lol!

The doctor told me my hair should start to grow back during my next four treatments. I'm looking forward to it. I tolerate the wig, but it just isn't me.

It really feels like summer in Florida. Oh, the lovebugs have begun to make an appearance!

Congratualtions WDWDancer! What wonderful news to get. I will be praying that all goes well and you give birth to a healthy, happy child in a few more moths.

Made it through my treatment. Need to schedule a conference with the doctor to see when it is time for scans. I can keep this up if it is helping but I would like confirmation that the cancer is shrinking. I think it is based on how I feel which is still lousy but much better than before. But confirmation would be good. If it isn't responding, we need to come up with another plan of attack. The problem with not being sure of the origin on the cancer is that they are treating based on the "most likely" type of cancer. So it could be a different type of treatment would be more appropriate.

Leave for Discovery Cove on Friday. I am so looking forward to this trip. With my best friend, her three sisters, her mother and her great niece. We should have a wonderful time. I grew up with all of the sisters and they used to call me the "sister from a different mister". We are still pretty close. So it will be a fun break. Two of them are breast cancer survivors so it is always a celebration of life when we get together.

My daughter's relay for life was yesterday. I went and walked the survivor lap with her. Always and emotional thing to do. Felt like a setback because last year I was a two year survivor and this year I am "in treatment". And will always stay that way since I am stage 4. But as long as the doctors can keep treating I will be OK. I will be a lot happier if they can make my legs feel better! They are better than they were but still painful. Who would think that cancer would make your legs swell up and be painful. The things you learn.

wdwdancer - you must be on :cloud9:. What wonderful news! Congrats! I am sure you are so happy. I hope you gain some info at the conference too.

PatsMom - I hope you have a great trip to Florida. It sounds wonderful. I do know that those dolphins have sharp teeth. One of them nicked one of the ds fingers at sea World when they fed them once. Cant wait for you to share your trip with us.

Laurie - how is K.doing? Hope things are improving for her and she is feeling better

Peg - sorry you are dealing with all the taste issues. I hope there are some things you can find to eat. How about a fruit smoothie in the blender?

Diana - hope your neighbor issues get resolved (Saw your other thread)

Well ds was in Maryland all week end for the basketball tournament. They lost in the championship round he said. He drove 6 hours back and was exhausted last night. I the meantime dh is in Michigan.

Ds has to go to an aa meeting as part of his nursing class. He is going with another lady. I joked and said they will probably think you are son and daughter etc. But he as to explain to them who they are etc.

Well I am getting my great lady helper back for bible school this summer. Yippee:yay:. That lady was fantastic and helped me so much.

Time to make the adrs today I guess. Dh has asked for Le Cellier. Yeah, like that is going to happen a month before we go etc. Hmm, he lives in his own disney dream world etc.

Laurie - where are you eating. I am thinking of Cape May, Yachtsmen, Citricos, Kouzzina, Hollywood Brown Derby, Chefs and maybe Coral Reef or Liberty Tree. Most of the places dh wants are signatures. Glad we have a tiw card

Ds3 is really helping me and we work as a good team cleaning up the garage. So far we have 3 huge boxes to donate to the garage sale at the church/school. More to go, but its great progress. What a job!

GAGWTA

Wow, so much going on here.

WDWdancer, congrats on your bundle of joy. Something wonderful to look forward to that will distract you form the DCIS treatment.

Patsmom you are such a inspiration, your fighting attitude is very evident in your posts. Your China trip sounded wonderful, as do your upcoming ones. I hope we don't miss you-arriving on the 28th.

Feralpeg, I am glad you are done with that chemo regimen. I love yogurt and look forward to being able to eat it again as I phase off this diet. But I am sure it is getting old if that is all you can tolerate.

Dancind, how cool to get an apartment in Paris and Rome! To be able to feel like you live there! Are you fluent?

Pea-n-me, are things settling down in in Boston? I admire you for being willing and able to care even for the young bomber if it was in the cards. Do you think your co-workers would say the same?

Thanks for asking about DD22. She is doing well. She goes to see the neurologist tomorrow to get the results from the second MRI. She is hoping to be able to drive soon. I am not sure if that will happen tomorrow. One very good thing is that she has asked for time off, exactly the thing I was preaching about when I was recently with her. She was itching to get back to work. It has dawned on her that she needs to ease back in to things, thank goodness. Her employer is being very generous, with several different paths. They apparently really want to keep her, and are willing to wait until she is 100%. She has been a good producer.

MaryAnn, I only have reservation for the tea and a meal at Narcoisse.
Since DD17 is vegan now, I have been assembling a list of restaurants where the chef will whip something up for her. I wont completely be off my diet, so I will be doing a lot of veggies too, trying to limit my carbs to breakfast.
I think we will be trying some really different restaurants this go round. Have you thought about joining us for the tea?

I am heading down to the jazz fest in New Orleans this weekend possibly on both Friday and Sunday. I just don't go if it is raining, so it really depends. Saturday is out because DD17 is taking the SAT that day. It will be tempting with all the yummy food offerings.

GAGWTA everyone!

Laurie, no we are not fluent! There are tours that can be met up with every day, and DD might join us in Paris. She can speak a little French. I am wondering how doable it is (getting around!), would surely be an adventure!

Glad to hear your DD is taking time with this. Hopefully it was a one time thing, from exhaustion or dehydration.

Our don't miss restaurants are Flying Fish, California Grill, and Il Mulino. Though last time at Il Mulino we absolutely froze and they didn't seem to care.

LMP, that thread was fun. I wound up sounding like a child hater, which I am not! The kid next door has been skating in his driveway since they moved in, sometimes with friends. Didn't bother me. The RAMP however, is driving us insane. So far it's a party every day for hours, our cul de sac is full of cars. It sounds like there is a bowling alley in our front yard. My DH, who is usually calmer than me, was fit to be tied within 10 minutes of getting home yesterday. I'm going to call the city and see if this falls under the noise ordinance, it's certainly loud enough. Just don't know if it has be constant, though it nearly is.

Do not need this stress.

Feralpeg, at least you are restoring the good bacteria in your stomach with all the yogurt! So glad you are nearing the end.

And WDWdancer, excellent happy news! Thanks for coming here to share.

Oh my, no activity here?

We are drying out from a week of rain. Yuck! My DH is insisting on going to Jazz fest despite the race track being in lake mode.

I believe I will be declining this year.

Making my plans for Disney. Besides the afternoon tea, we have Sanaa for lunch, Narcooses for dinner, Kouzzina's for dinner, and 50's prime time for lunch. Trying to figure out more where DD will get a good vegan meal.

Have to do table service I think, except maybe Sunshine Seasons.

DD22's MRI #2 only showed a cyst that the doc does not seem concerned about, and a blemish that seems to have gone poof, that was probably related to bruising where she banged her head when she fell out of bed.

She is experiencing insomnia so they are tweaking meds, and she will go back to work in 6 weeks, after more blood work and another visit with the neurologist.

She is doing well, although her iphone 5 was stolen at a store, but after the insurance claim, she is back in business. Watch out folks, there are some jerks out there that watch your every move, looking for when you are distracted. I wish them well with the phone with the cracked screen and the camera that doesn't work. Actually the unsuspecting buyer will be the one left holding the bag.

Maryann, are you planning?

Hi, everyone! Thought I'd just do a quick check in to see how everyone is doing. If any of you planning WDW vacations need anything, let me know!

It's been a very soggy week in Orlando! The low that just passed by acted like a tropical storm. We got six inches at my house. Places along the coast got close to a foot plus some tropical storm force winds! At least it helped our rain deficit! lol!

I'm feeling much better. I still can't taste a whole lot, but it is improving.

Kendall and I are trying to pick out the dates we want to attend MNSSHP this year! I should be finished with treatment by then. It's been so long since I've visited a park, or even DTD, it will seem like a vacation! :goodvibes I am so looking forward to the holidays this year!

Thinking of you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter