Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Hi ladies, hope you all had a good Easter!
Sure has been quiet here lately.....I hope everyone is doing ok?

Tazdev, your new grandson is a cutie! How is your dad doing?

Barbara, your upcoming Disney trip with your grandkids sounds like a great time! Ours is only nine months old, so it will be quite awhile before she is ready for a Disney trip. Sometimes when we have gone in the past, we have just sat and people watched, and it always seemed so sweet to see the grandparents and kids hanging out together. I sure do hope we get to do that.

Smiley, I hope everything is ok with you.....haven't seen you in quite awhile.

I've been feeling good.....scheduled for another CT scan in a few weeks, so we shall see how it's going then. The fluid production is increasing, I'm averaging approx a liter per day.....that is not good.

Been keeping myself busy planning a trip! We have decided to take a road trip in June down the California coast, starting in San Fran and ending in San Diego, and of course we will be stopping at DL for a few days. Looking at being gone for two weeks........I'm very excited about it!

Had a very nice Easter......Made Zoe a basket and spent the day with her, she is at such a cute age!

GAGWTA!!:flower:
Hi!! I am sorry I have been missing for so long! it's been so busy for us! Was going to read through all the messages to the end, but when I read yours I had to stop and reply first!! So happy you are going again in June! what a perfect month to do it, before the big crowds hit and the fog sets in for the summer! I hope this time you will get a chance to stop at Morro Bay, it is only about 20 min away from Cambria, quite different though as it is a true fishing town and the whole embarcadero is just so awesome for shopping and eating fresh seafood! so romantic! We stayed in the Embarcadero Inn in a king room on the top floor with a private balcony looking out over the water. It was walking distance to the nice restaurants, we could leave our balcony door open at night and go to sleep listening to the sounds of the ocean and the cling clang of the gear on all the sailboats moored, and the gulls. there is a nice little fireplace in the room too. I know you would love it!! I have to head out to our councilor appt right now, but I promise I will come back and upload a few pictures finally!!
Baby Ava is doing wonderfully! even though she came 2 weeks early! between that and our 4 grand daughters all coming to stay for spring break, more major work on the house, then Easter, it has been crazy busy!
I will be back in a while! :)
GAGWTA!!!

ALL of my thoughts and prayers with anyone who has survived or is going through the struggle now - I can't BE a more positive person, so know that the energy is going to good places. :)

Can't wait to hear about your new projects on your house, Smiley!

LMP, are you going in May? I have a trip planned for May with just my D19. Staying more than 10 days.

Jill - you look so beautiful! I hope the organization gets to help many women.

smiley - I am sure you are busy and enjoying your new dgd

Laurie - We are thinking of going maybe around May 28-June 2nd. What are your dates?? Let me know. Not too sure yet. Of course with dh schedule we just never know, so I hope I can pin him down soon. I did just grab a lunch at Be Our Guest for May 29 because he has been wanting to try lunch there. We will probably stay at the Swan again. The Disney hotels are too expensive, so we will cash in dh ff miles and stay at the Swan for practically free.

Cheryl - wishing you all the best with the ct scan and hope the fluid issues are not too bad.

Well thanks to one of the zombie thread revivals here on the comm. board I will be getting in touch with an old friend. Oh yes, the early high school days, so nostalgic.

My meeting yest. was all I thought it would be, sigh. Ds3 now has another preceptor. He is going to be getting 8 patients per day, gosh in a different part of the floor but at eat he is still on the day shift. He got inducted into the nursing honor society last night. Dh went to the dinner. Proud mom brag!

GAGWTA. Thinking of you all

luvmarypoppins congrats on your son. That is awesome. My DD starts nursing school in September.

We got the results of my dad's scans and it was good news. The cancer did spread but stayed within the bladder. He will need chemo and radiation but they expect a positive outcome. Hopefully his beard won't fall out since he will play Santa again for Christmas. Not sure I would even recognize him as he has had the beard for about 40 years.

My DD went to Disney this week - first trip without us! It was fun to live it "through" her, tho. Her plane home had an emergency landing and that was a little scary, but she finally made it home ok. (She will also be going to nursing school next year!)

Back into the swing of baseball. Have weathered some :cold: games so far tho, as usual this time of year. (Still thawing out from this morning, actually!)

Congratulations to your son, lmp. Eight patients (in acute care) is too many, though! Fun to hook up with an old friend. I am doing the same!

Prayers going out to all who need them. GAGWTA

Hi everyone! Just figured out that I still have this thread bookmarked with the board change. Thought I might have lost you!

Good to hear everyone keeping on, having new grand babies, planning trips. Health scares here and there, seems par for the course. Giving support to all comers, as usual. Love this group.

I need some virtual crossed fingers now, have a biopsy scheduled for tomorrow. A tiny blip on my annual mammo, just 1/4". Radiologist said it should come out either way. Now I'm fussed about my trip to Portland May 25 to see my daughter, which I've decided will take priority! Haven't seen her since she moved last December.

And yes, thinking of another trip. Road trip in the fall. Timeshare in Napa and then maybe up to Portland, and would like to visit Olympia WA as a potential place to move. Will be rainy in the fall, I think.

Thinking of you Dancind.

Pea-n-Me, nursing school in the fall! Wonderful!

LMP, nursing honor society induction, how wonderful! He is a rock star!

Back from a quickie NYC trip to spend time with DD24 and my brother. Saw one off Broadway play, Buzzer, final performance, play and acting was top notch. Much nicer weather than the February trip. My long, leisurely solitary walk on the high line along the Hudson yesterday was restorative for me. Kind of needed it.

Leaving for Disney on May 11. My schedule is crammed, postponed my diagnostic mammogram from last week to tomorrow due to the quick trip. Too much going on with work, with my daughter, with my mom. It will all end up fine, just too many balls to juggle at same time.

Jill - you look so beautiful! I hope the organization gets to help many women.

Thanks LMP! A good friend of mine that had a double mastectomy in February had her photo shoot a week or so ago. She looks fabulous! There's another lady that will be getting a photo shoot in the near future.

Hi ladies!

Sounds like so many of you have a lot going on! I hope it's all going well for everyone. Also sounds like quite a few upcoming/very recent trips. :thumbsup2 Looking forward to pictures!

Thought I'd post my most recent CT scan results.....overall, about as good as it's going to get, so we are pleased with that. CT again shows slight progression, but nothing all that major. Tumor markers again went up, this time quite a bit, so lots of activity there, but for now anyway I'm going to be staying on my current treatment plan of hormone therapy......it seems to be working just about as well as the last chemo was/wasn't. And I feel just soooooo much better, and to me, that is what is important. My motto is quality over quantity. ::yes:: The fluid drain I had inserted is working well, output is about the same.....nice to be able to tend to it at home.

Of course there is a new problem to throw into the mix (cuz, you know, just in case I was getting bored!). Seems I have quite a problem with the circulation to my feet, toes specifically. They are always a lovely shade of red/purple and cold! I'll be getting an ultrasound to hopefully determine if I have a problem with a vein, or if it is chemo damage or whatever.....soooooo, never a dull moment!

I'm still in the process of planning our Cali road trip - I'm so excited about it! Smiley, we will be spending a few days in Cambria, and then the Santa barbara area, but we will certainly stop by Morro Bay on the way.....maybe for breakfast? Let me know if you have any recommendations!

Forgive me for not responding to everyone individually, just very tired tonight. I do read and keep up with you all, and love hearing everyone's updates!

GAGWTA!!!!!!! :flower3::flower3::flower3:

Cheryl, didn't find a lot of great places to eat in Morro Bay, and the parking is difficult. San Luis Obispo is chock full of great restaurants, however!

Looks like I'm having more surgery, but putting it off until next month. The spot is small, and has been there since my first MRI 3 years ago. Went from a dot to 1/4" in that time. So I guess it can wait until June. I guess this isn't technically a recurrence?

Cheryl, glad to hear your results were more positive than negative. The fact that you are feeling better is excellent news!

It sounds like you may have some chemo induced neuropathy in your feet. Mine started out with some numbness. Eventually, the nails on my large toes tuned dark and would actually bleed. One nail has recovered. The other has not. It isn't pleasant, but it is manageable.

Hope everyone else is doing well. It's been quiet here. I hope that is because you are all out having fun!

Thinking of you all!

Dancind, sorry to hear you need more surgery. Hopefully it is just preventative and will go as smoothly as possible! I'm sure you are getting excited about your trip to Portland and seeing your daughter! I have a brother that lives there, but I've only been there a handful of times. Always wanted to stop by the food truck park, but there just never seems to be enough time. I'm always seeing Portland restaurants on the food network, seems like they have quite the selection of fabulous choices!

Havent looked in to San Luis Obisco. Is that along Hwy 1? I'm just not at all familiar with the area. Always willing to get suggestions!

Peg, sorry about your feet, I definately can relate. Mine are much the same way, one bleeds under the nail, and the other is just plain white - I'm surprised it hasn't fell off yet. I do have neuropathy in my feet, started way back when with my very first round of chemo, and never went away. It goes up my legs and stops at my knees. I'm scheduled for the vascular scan (ultra sound?) next week, will be good to figure out what is going on. Are you taking anything for the neuropathy? I'm on lyrica, I guess it helps? Seems like it did when I first started taking it.

Looking good, jillyb!

Snappy, sounds like you have sooooo much going on! I hope it gets better soon..
Have a great time on your WDW trip......hopefully it will be very relaxing and rejuvenating!

LMP, I think you also have a trip coming up soon?

Looking forward to seeing everyone's pictures!

GAGWTA!!!!

tazdev - so glad to hear your dads good encouraging tests result and congrats to your dd. Its so competitive to get into the nursing schools here in NY

Cheryl- hoping the upcoming tests are bearable and you have good results. I am sure it is concerning. Planning a trip is so much fun and a great diversion.

Diana - sorry you have to go through more surgery again. Wishing you all the best.

Peg - sorry you are dealing with the foot/toe issues as well.

Linda - Happy Nurses week!:flower::flower1:. Congrats on you dd and going to nursing school too! That is awesome! Thought of you as ds1 was at the Red Sox Yankees game last Sat.

Laurie - You are busy. Hope you have good results from the mammo and that you have a great trip to Fl. Are you staying at the Boardwalk? That was good that you got a mini trip in to NY. You are so busy for sure!

I need to go to a dentist for sure. I think more of one of my teeth chipped off. I think the radiation really ruined things in my mouth. Ds1 is sick but the dr. doesnt think he has strep but gave him an antibiotic. Ds2 has to go on a business trip with his boss to Delaware tomm. and they are predicting heavy fog, should be fun and ds3 went to the univ to ask about graduation tickets and ran into someone he knew and they told him he should apply to the univ. hosp. on his nursing floor. I asked him about the floor and he told me and it was one of the floors I was on. I told him he should apply. Only bad thing is its nights 7pm - 7am but its so much better than the hosp. where he is at. He still has 8 patients and he is always being picked on for some reason. He talked to 2 of his friends and told them and they told him they are not treated at all the way he is treated. They were hired about the same time too but different floor.

Anyone have any good Mothers Day plans? We are just going to church. Well actually ds3 is working and ds1 will be in Boston again for another bachelor party. He is not even in this wedding but they asked him to join them. So hopefully we will have a late cookout. We shall see. At least I will get some oeace and quiet. That is what I usually ask for since Laurie know all too well the adventures of my gift impaired menfolk. lol:)

I actually rescheduled the biopsy until after my trip, and went to see the Dr. instead. Three years ago, I had a month in between the biopsy and surgery and went through some really intense joint pain all through my groin and hips. Either the biopsy made the tumor angry, or the clip did, because it went away after surgery. Not eager to go through that again. So I'm doing them close together. Dr. is about 90% sure it is malignant, and probably the same type (IDC, hormone +). Would be lovely if she is wrong, but I am not counting on it.

Cheryl, SLO is at the intersection of 1 and 101, about 15 miles inland from Morro Bay. Pretty college town with a Mission and tons of restaurants! Also a very fun Thursday night Farmer's Market downtown.

LMP, where was your radiation site that it damaged your teeth? Radiation scares the heck out of me.

Hope everyone is doing well. I never realized what a roller coaster ride it is with someone with cancer. My dad may be looking at surgery now before the radiation and chemo. I'm assuming they will remove the bladder but I don't want to ask. I got to spend time with him on his birthday and he seemed to be in good spirits.

No real plans for Mother's Day here. I'll go to church and they have a surprise planned for all mothers so I'm very curious about that. Since my kids are all married and on their own my DH treats me to dinner somewhere. Since I fell over the lawn yesterday and have a badly sprained ankle that will be a nice treat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter