DIS boards pet peeves

4DisneyfansinNC said:
Since I didn't see this one posted yet, I'll add mine.
When people reply to a thread "subscribing". Ah, that annoys me!!!

Oh year, I forgot that one! It so annoys me. Don't know know there's an easier way?

Same with the posts that say "I sent you a PM" they bug me too.

People speaking rudely and/or sarcastically to others, quoting the entirety of the OP along with one's response, and, worst of all, the misuse of apostrophes to make words plural. That one drives me nuts more than anything. Not sure why!

4DisneyfansinNC said:
When people reply to a thread "subscribing". Ah, that annoys me!!!

Me too! I was scrolling thru all of these replies and couldn't believe no one else said this - it's probably my biggest pet peeve. :rolleyes:

Ugh, add jammed server double posts to my list!

Perfect People who do no wrong.

And the Server is busy.

beattyfamily said:
Same with the posts that say "I sent you a PM" they bug me too.

Oh yeah, that bugs me too. As well as people who start threads and then don't respond to them and/or leave the thread in a huff when people don't agree with them, and people who ask for advice and then argue with people they disagree with, as well as the ususal crew of drama queens/kings who need pixie dust for every hangnail. Phew.

beattyfamily said:
Oh year, I forgot that one! It so annoys me. Don't know know there's an easier way?

There is?? Fill me in please I hate having to bump or make some stupid reply in order to subscribe!

I second being annoyed with people who post for advice then spend 10 pages arguing every point or piece of advice. They don't want advice, they want a fight.

Dual personality posters. One in particular is obviously a pre teen girl (writing style gives her away) who also claims to be an adult male. It's definitely not a father/daughter combo as the writing style doesn't change.

My biggest one right now: the title will say something like "I had the WORST most scary day EVER" then they say they don't want to talk about it or give details. Ummmm, you posted why??

OOOH ETA: Picking apart other posters grammar and spelling. I notice it too but is it really necessary to point it out in a post?? I especially love the ones who are picking other posters apart and have their own glaring errors! :lmao:

Shugardrawers said:
There is?? Fill me in please I hate having to bump or make some stupid reply in order to subscribe!

Yes, when you are in a thread that you are interested in subscribing to but don't want to post, just go to the top of that thread and click on "Thread Tools", the first blue button on the right, and then you will have the choice to "subscribe to this thread" and then if you are already subscribed and want to unsubscribe, you'd do the same exact thing.

Hope this helps!

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later. :badpc:

People who post asking for advice and get upset when they don't like it. Duh, you asked for it!

When people tell poster they are wrong about something on posts that are clearly labled as "vents". They are venting, not asking for advice! Lay off!

People who get upset at the use of :rolleyes: make me :rolleyes:

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Oops--I just contributed to others' pet peeves by duplicating an answer already given. My bad. :teeth:
After reading this thread, I guess I need to apologize to everyone for annoying them, as I think I've been guilty of just about every pet peeve listed. (Walks away, hanging head in shame...) :guilty:

My peeve is when someone posts for advice, opinions, HELP and you give yours (based on your own life), and others jump on you for your answer.

Oh and......

vBulletin Message
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Chicago526 said:
When people tell poster they are wrong about something on posts that are clearly labled as "vents". They are venting, not asking for advice! Lay off!

Oh, I hate it when people do that! I just mentioned this very same thing recently in another thread; that people should be able to come here and vent and rant and NOT be flamed or made fun of for doing so!

people continually commenting on the busy server (sorry but true ;)) and this smilie :confused3 bugs the heck out of me :confused3

it bugs me when people start a thread to basically start a fight but then they say "Don't flame me" even though they did it to start an argument.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter