DIS 20th Anniversary *UN*OFFICIAL meet ups, events and make a friend thread.

now that pandora has opened here is some info in case anyone wants to alter plans...:

1: you're not going to get into pandora that quick for the lighting ceremony.. you need to give it an hour or two to maybe get into pandora and if they did what they did tonight where they closed down letting people in, your time is too late..
2: the lighting ceremony wasn't anything special. It was the exact same drum performance as the rest of the day, just after it got dark and the land was illuminated... there wasn't even mention of it being a ceremony (assuming it actually happened, again it wasn't even mentioned)..
3: your fastpass is gold to make sure you get in quick to pandora. You don't wait in the same line.
4: don't plan on riding anything during EMH, it's already filled up queues. Dont' even plan on getting into the store.. you can plan on getting some food and seeing it in the dark. It's really dark, nice.. I like it better in the day, it's too dark.
5: they appear to be adding another ROL about 11:45, it was packed in fastpass, empty on standby side.. was really great, I got to pick where I sat. I thikn for this week it'll remain like that. I loved AK at night.. it was amazingly empty.
6: tree of life has had some enhancements in the animations inbetween shows. They are fun to watch, easier to see animals doing something, you can watch from the back..
7: don't skip seeing pandora in the day, you can't even see the water falls or anything. it's mostly black lights lighting up the glow paint...

now that pandora has opened here is some info in case anyone wants to alter plans...:

1: you're not going to get into pandora that quick for the lighting ceremony.. you need to give it an hour or two to maybe get into pandora and if they did what they did tonight where they closed down letting people in, your time is too late..
2: the lighting ceremony wasn't anything special. It was the exact same drum performance as the rest of the day, just after it got dark and the land was illuminated... there wasn't even mention of it being a ceremony (assuming it actually happened, again it wasn't even mentioned)..
3: your fastpass is gold to make sure you get in quick to pandora. You don't wait in the same line.
4: don't plan on riding anything during EMH, it's already filled up queues. Dont' even plan on getting into the store.. you can plan on getting some food and seeing it in the dark. It's really dark, nice.. I like it better in the day, it's too dark.
5: they appear to be adding another ROL about 11:45, it was packed in fastpass, empty on standby side.. was really great, I got to pick where I sat. I thikn for this week it'll remain like that. I loved AK at night.. it was amazingly empty.
6: tree of life has had some enhancements in the animations inbetween shows. They are fun to watch, easier to see animals doing something, you can watch from the back..
7: don't skip seeing pandora in the day, you can't even see the water falls or anything. it's mostly black lights lighting up the glow paint...

Thanks Bryan - really been appreciating your reports from the day. I think it will be interesting to see how it will be by Wednesday after we are past opening day and the holiday weekend

Good to know the "lighting ceremony" isn't really anything (I was picturing something more like when Cars Land lights up for the night, but doesn't appear to be the case) - so not a priority if we don't get to see it

I was hoping the lines wouldn't be that bad during EMH as at least a bit of insurance if I hadn't gotten on the ride I don't have a FP for - but guess I will have to just suck it up and get in line during the day for the river ride at some point

I will be watching how things look on Tuesday with great interest as I think it will be the closest to how Wed will be vs this weekend

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the extreme Pandora crowd yesterday was an opening day thing. Already seeing posts today that it isn't so bad. So I don't think we should assume it will be bad all week.

Not sure about the actual crowds today at Pandora, but at 11am EST, I looked at the wait times and it was 180 minutes for Na'vi River Journey and 250 for Flight of Passage. At least I have my FP+ booked for these attractions for this week. Between heat and crowds, I need to make sure that I pack extra patience for the week.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the extreme Pandora crowd yesterday was an opening day thing. Already seeing posts today that it isn't so bad. So I don't think we should assume it will be bad all week.

we'll see, but we're talking first week and not second or third month everyone is trying this.

Not sure about the actual crowds today at Pandora, but at 11am EST, I looked at the wait times and it was 180 minutes for Na'vi River Journey and 250 for Flight of Passage. At least I have my FP+ booked for these attractions for this week. Between heat and crowds, I need to make sure that I pack extra patience for the week.

I hope EVERYONE packs some extra patience ... and deodorant ;)

Right. I expect long waits for the rides for quite some time. Just like FEA is still a hard fast pass to get and has a long line all the time...FoP will be the same. I think the river journey will eventually lighten up some.

But I really don't think long lines and waits to just get into the land will continue, and don't even seem to be an issue today from what I've been told. I think yesterday was just about people wanting to say they were there on opening day combined with holiday weekend crowds.

Extra patience is always good to have at Disney! :)

ATTENTION EVERYONE ATTENDING THE AK MEET ON MAY 31st:

CHANGES FOR THOSE ATTENDING OPTION 1:

NEW MEETING LOCATION/TIME: Please meet outside of the Flights of Wonder Theater by 8 p.m. so we can make our way over to Rivers of Light. The sooner everyone arrives, the quicker we can find a seat for the show. Thanks!

We are getting rid of the Pandora Lighting Ceremony part of this option, and going back to the original plan of just seeing ROL.

Please let me know if you would like to join us for only Option 2, or if you will change your plans all together. Thanks!

Those Attending:
- AMusicLifeForMe – 2 people *
- @GAN – 1 person *
- @TheMaxRebo – 1 person *
- @katmu – 1 person *
- @SleepingRebecca – 1 person *
- @disneysteve – 3 people *
- @OKMinnie – 1 person
- @Stefecatzz – 1 person (maybe)
- @gberg – 1 person *
- @MegaraWink – 1 person *
- @AngiTN – 3 people *
- @TinkerTerry – 1 person *
- @lowe@massed.net - 2 people *

CHANGES FOR THOSE ATTENDING OPTION 2:

Due to the system Disney ran last night for EMH for Pandora, we are making some changes to the schedule. These changes will be permanent.

NEW MEETING LOCATION/TIME: Outside of the Tusker House Bar area in Africa. Please meet there ASAP. The group coming from Option 1 will be arriving around 9:40 p.m. At that time, we will make our way to wherever the end of the EMH line is (if there is one). If there is not an EMH line on Wednesday, then we will make our way into Pandora. We will keep an eye on the Pandora thread for the next several days to see if we can adjust this time back to where we normally had the scheduled meeting time.

If you will be arriving to AK later than that and there is a line for EMH, it will probably be easier to find us until they start letting the line in. If they do not have a line, the post on our Facebook page will be the best way to find us since we will most likely already be inside Pandora. I will post periodic updates of where we are on the Facebook post throughout the evening.

Also, due to the hard stop Disney did with allowing people to ride the attractions in Pandora last night, it is important to know that there is a chance that we will not be able to ride any of the attractions. We will keep an eye on the thread to see if anything changes in the days to come regarding this or not. If we are not able to ride any attractions, we will explorer Pandora at night which seems to be an attraction in itself.

Those Attending (including everyone in Option 1):
- @bartleyosu – 2 people
- @wnwardii – 1 person
- @dina444444 – 1 person (possible option 1) *
- @rteetz – 1 person *
- @czechplz – 2 people
- @nolanboys – 1 person
- @Madonna3 – 2 people
- @easyd – 1 person *
- @Punkrockbebop – 2 people *
- @Stay Puft Khymm – 1 person *
- @Roxyfire – 2 people *
- @amberg93/@MarieLightning – 2 people

Thank you for understanding! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone on Wednesday! :)

Last edited:
ATTENTION EVERYONE ATTENDING THE AK MEET ON MAY 31st:

CHANGES FOR THOSE ATTENDING OPTION 1:

NEW MEETING LOCATION/TIME: Please meet outside of the Flights of Wonder Theater by 8 p.m. so we can make our way over to Rivers of Light. The sooner everyone arrives, the quicker we can find a seat for the show. Thanks!

We are getting rid of the Pandora Lighting Ceremony part of this option, and going back to the original plan of just seeing ROL.

Please let me know if you would like to join us for only Option 2, or if you will change your plans all together. Thanks!

Those Attending:
- AMusicLifeForMe – 2 people *
- @GAN – 1 person *
- @TheMaxRebo – 1 person *
- @katmu – 1 person *
- @SleepingRebecca – 1 person *
- @disneysteve – 3 people *
- @OKMinnie – 1 person
- @Stefecatzz – 1 person (maybe)
- @gberg – 1 person *
- @MegaraWink – 1 person *
- @AngiTN – 3 people *
- @TinkerTerry – 1 person *
- @lowe@massed.net - 2 people *

CHANGES FOR THOSE ATTENDING OPTION 2:

Due to the system Disney ran last night for EMH for Pandora, we are making some changes to the schedule. These changes will be permanent.

NEW MEETING LOCATION/TIME: Outside of the Tusker House Bar area in Africa. Please meet there ASAP. The group coming from Option 1 will be arriving around 9:40 p.m. At that time, we will make our way to wherever the end of the EMH line is (if there is one). If there is not an EMH line on Wednesday, then we will make our way into Pandora. We will keep an eye on the Pandora thread for the next several days to see if we can adjust this time back to where we normally had the scheduled meeting time.

If you will be arriving to AK later than that and there is a line for EMH, it will probably be easier to find us until they start letting the line in. If they do not have a line, the post on our Facebook page will be the best way to find us since we will most likely already be inside Pandora. I will post periodic updates of where we are on the Facebook post throughout the evening.

Also, due to the hard stop Disney did with allowing people to ride the attractions in Pandora last night, it is important to know that there is a chance that we will not be able to ride any of the attractions. We will keep an eye on the thread to see if anything changes in the days to come regarding this or not. If we are not able to ride any attractions, we will explorer Pandora at night which seems to be an attraction in itself.

Those Attending (including everyone in Option 1):
- @bartleyosu – 2 people
- @wnwardii – 1 person
- @dina444444 – 1 person (possible option 1) *
- @rteetz – 1 person *
- @czechplz – 2 people
- @nolanboys – 1 person
- @Madonna3 – 2 people
- @easyd – 1 person *
- @Punkrockbebop – 2 people *
- @Stay Puft Khymm – 1 person *
- @Roxyfire – 2 people *
- @amberg93/@MarieLightning – 2 people

Thank you for understanding! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone on Wednesday! :)

You've worked so hard to coordinate this, but at this point, with FPs we have, I don't think either option will work for us. Sorry, but hopefully we'll bump into the group at some point.

Connecting with Walt Meet Up

I know Michael posted this on the Facebook page but wanted to put it on the thread also. I hope you have lots of fun.

The meeting location for the Connecting with Walt meet-up on Wednesday, 05/31, 2 pm is the Sunshine Tree Terrace. Craig and I are looking forward to seeing you!

Anyone else DVC members? Maybe we can meet at the lounge attop BLT to watch HEA then go to AK on Wednesday night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter