• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS 20th Anniversary *UN*OFFICIAL meet ups, events and make a friend thread.

I know there has been some chatter on how to identify each other as fellow DISers - I shared this in the Facebook group but thought I would share it here as well. In the past DISers would use a lime green Mickey head cutout to identify each other, so I modified that idea a bit to incorprate the 20th event. I got approval from the DIS team so this is ready to go! I plan to print some out to bring some with me but anyone can just print it themselves if they want one

It's probably too late for this but to throw it out there, in the future it would be amazing if there could just be some official handed out with your lanyard non-lanyard clip to your bag or maybe a button. I'll pay the 50cents extra on registration for it or round it up to $1 more and make it $26 and give both a button and baseball card side bag badge.

@TheMaxRebo I'm not sure there is enough time from 6-9 to go between geysers, traders and then ttc for fireworks before the rush to epcot for the party. I think i'm going to get dinner at geysers and head to ttc after but play trader sams by ear if geysers took less time that I thought it would.

@TheMaxRebo I'm not sure there is enough time from 6-9 to go between geysers, traders and then ttc for fireworks before the rush to epcot for the party. I think i'm going to get dinner at geysers and head to ttc after but play trader sams by ear if geysers took less time that I thought it would.

I thought we were starting at 5 at Geyser Point (like 5-6:30) the Trader Sam's from 7-8:30 and then fireworks at 9 at TTC ... you think we should start a bit earlier to allow more time or at least head over to TTC earlier to be as close to EPCOT monorail like as possible?

I thought we were starting at 5 at Geyser Point (like 5-6:30) the Trader Sam's from 7-8:30 and then fireworks at 9 at TTC ... you think we should start a bit earlier to allow more time or at least head over to TTC earlier to be as close to EPCOT monorail like as possible?
If you're going to drink all day, you have to start early.

I saw 6 on rteetz spreadsheet.. I can do 5, is that enough time after homecomin for ya?

@rteetz could you update your spreadsheet to have june 1 preparty be 5-6:30 at geyser point and then 7-8:30 be trader sams. this way if people are thinking of joining for 1 or the other they know when we'll be at each.

Just re-posting this as it was pointed out that the start time is different on the spreadsheet @rteetz has been keeping (which is my fault for not checking .... ryan, can you update the spreadsheet to reflect the times laid out below? thank you!)

Pre-Party events on June 1st:
as of 23rd May @ 10:50am

Part 1: Wilderness Lodge Geyser Point for dinner/food/drinks. Starting at around 5pm

Part 2: Polynesian Trader Sam's (Inside if we can fit, outside if not). Starting at around 7pm

Part 3: Happily Ever After from the TTC/Ferry Dock - meet around 8:30/8:45 at the latest

We can then as a group board an EPCOT monorail to head to the party checking

Just re-posting this as it was pointed out that the start time is different on the spreadsheet @rteetz has been keeping (which is my fault for not checking .... ryan, can you update the spreadsheet to reflect the times laid out below? thank you!)

Part 1: Wilderness Lodge Geyser Point for dinner/food/drinks. Starting at around 5pm

Part 2: Polynesian Trader Sam's (Inside if we can fit, outside if not). Starting at around 7pm

Part 3: Happily Ever After from the TTC/Ferry Dock - meet around 8:30/8:45 at the latest

Looking like a great day of meet ups before we even get to the party!

I'm feeling really tempted to try to stay and watch the fireworks before heading to the party but I'm wondering about timing since I'm driving.

And I guess that would mean I would need to come to the meet-ups in my party outfit. Mmmm....decisions.

@rteetz could you update your spreadsheet to have june 1 preparty be 5-6:30 at geyser point and then 7-8:30 be trader sams. this way if people are thinking of joining for 1 or the other they know when we'll be at each.
Yep will do it as soon as I can.

Does this work?

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 10.24.03 AM.jpg

I'm feeling really tempted to try to stay and watch the fireworks before heading to the party but I'm wondering about timing since I'm driving.

And I guess that would mean I would need to come to the meet-ups in my party outfit. Mmmm....decisions.

I know it is going to be tight with the timing, but I really want it to work as that is my only chance to see any of HAE

Would be tricky with parking as likely would need to get a tram just to get back to your car, etc. .... any chance you could park at EPCOT and take the monorail over for the fireworks and then your car is already at EPCOT?

We've added a vehicle transportation sign-up document to the Facebook group for anyone needing a ride to Disney Springs for the Pirates movie event. Let us know if you need a ride!

Also, the Pirates movie event sign-up form is currently showing that 45 people have signed up and they can take 90. Just in case any of you are still interested!!

We've added a vehicle transportation sign-up document to the Facebook group for anyone needing a ride to Disney Springs for the Pirates movie event. Let us know if you need a ride!

Just curious where you are leaving from? I'm not on Facebook so I can't see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter