• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS 20th Anniversary *UN*OFFICIAL meet ups, events and make a friend thread.

AK Meet on May 31st:

New Information for those attending Option 1:

@GAN @TheMaxRebo @katmu @SleepingRebecca @disneysteve @OKMinnie @Stefecatzz @gberg @MegaraWink @AngiTN

Changes to the meet-up locations/schedule below:

Schedule for Option 1:
For those that want to see the Pandora Lighting Ceremony:

- Meet in front of Nomad Lounge at 7:40 p.m.

- Pandora Lighting Ceremony – (rumored to start at 8 p.m.)

For those interested in just seeing Rivers of Light (FP):

- Meet in front of Yak & Yeti Restaurant at 8:20 p.m. (Please don't be late) (time can change).

- We will begin making our way over to the Rivers of Light Theater (FP seating) as soon as the group coming from Pandora arrives at Yak & Yeti or right at 8:20 p.m.

- Rivers of Light Show – Begins at 9:15 p.m.

- Make our way over to Nomad Lounge to meet-up with those attending only option 2.

AK Meet on May 31st:

New Information for those attending Option 1:

@GAN @TheMaxRebo @katmu @SleepingRebecca @disneysteve @OKMinnie @Stefecatzz @gberg @MegaraWink @AngiTN

Changes to the meet-up locations/schedule below:

Schedule for Option 1:
For those that want to see the Pandora Lighting Ceremony:

- Meet in front of Nomad Lounge at 7:40 p.m.

- Pandora Lighting Ceremony – (rumored to start at 8 p.m.)

For those interested in just seeing Rivers of Light (FP):

- Meet in front of Yak & Yeti Restaurant at 8:20 p.m. (Please don't be late) (time can change).

- We will begin making our way over to the Rivers of Light Theater (FP seating) as soon as the group coming from Pandora arrives at Yak & Yeti or right at 8:20 p.m.

- Rivers of Light Show – Begins at 9:15 p.m.

- Make our way over to Nomad Lounge to meet-up with those attending only option 2.

Can you add me to option 1 please and thank you.

I'm traveling solo and will be arriving on Tuesday the 30th, Thinking about doing something along I-Drive, The Orlando Eye or driving out to one of the beaches. If anyone wold be interested in tagging along send me a message.

For those attending Option 1 of the AK Meet:

Would everyone be interested in meeting at a different location so we can see the lighting ceremony for Pandora? The lighting ceremony looks like it will be scheduled at 8 p.m. We can make our way over to Rivers of Light after if everyone is interested in this. We would probably change the meet-up time/location to 7:45 p.m. outside of Nomad Lounge. Let me know if anyone is interested in this, and I'll make a decision at a later date depending on the response to this. If I don't get enough responses for changing it, I'll just keep the meet-up location/time the same. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone on May 31st!

@GAN @TheMaxRebo @katmu @SleepingRebecca @disneysteve @OKMinnie @Stefecatzz @gberg @MegaraWink

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/05/detai...dora-world-off-avatar-disneys-animal-kingdom/
Sure! I think that'll work for us. Great idea!

If you are coming to the event and your budget is tight, why not consider bring some of these items for Give Kids the World? We will gather them and deliver them to the Village at the end of our event. You can drop them off in the auction room when you pick up your credentials. Thank you for helping.

Support for our Gift Giving Program
All gifts must be new and in original packaging.

• Queen Size Gift Bags
  • Batteries – AA, AAA, C, D
  • Disposable cameras
  • Autograph Books
  • Photo Albums
  • Gifts for children of all ages (with batteries)
    • Board Games
    • Hand Held Games
    • Travel Games
    • Teenage Gifts
    • MP3 Players
    • Wii games (rated E)
    • Travel DVD Players
Venue Support

• Pool-Accessible (PVC & Stainless) Wheelchairs
Village Entertainment & Family Programs

• Video Services
  • Princess Dresses
  • Cotton balls
  • 1/4" x 12" wooden dowels
  • Pipe Cleaners
  • White Glue
  • Glitter
  • Bubbles
  • Duct Tape (Silver, White, Pink, Purple)
  • Xappeal jellie shoes (sizes 5-11) blue, clear, pink, gray
  • Candy (Unopened bags/packages, no gum or chocolate please)
  • Sunscreen
  • Adult Size Pirate Costumes
  • DVD-R (MINI - 30 minutes and/or 60 minutes)
  • Movies (G or PG rated on DVD and Blu Ray Disc)
  • Red and white crepe paper streamers
  • Rain Ponchos
  • Wheelchairs (adult and child size)
  • Disposable Cutlery
  • Pillow Cases for Wish Pillows (pattern will be provided)
  • Gift Cards for material - Joann Fabrics, Visa, MC
Villa Support

• Pressure Washers – Gas Powered
  • Treated Lumber – 4x4 x8 Posts
  • Truck-mounted steam cleaner and van
  • Cleaning Supplies
    • Brooms
    • Scrub Brushes
    • Vinyl Powdered Gloves – S, M, L, XL
    • 60 Gallon Trash Liners
  • Painting Supplies
    • Disposable 1”, 2” and 3” brushes
    • Pink Wizzy Roller Covers
    • Canvas Drop Cloths
    • Ladders (any size)
    • 6’ & 8’ fiberglass ladders
  • Landscaping Supplies
    • Rakes – Leaf or Hard Rake
    • Shovels – Round long handled
    • 50 ft heavy duty hoses
    • Hand Cutters and pruners
    • Backpack Sprayers
    • 2 Cycle Oil Mix
    • Pine Bark Nuggets
    • Wasp Spray
    • Ant bait
Administrative Support
Help keep our administrative costs down.

• CD-R and DVD-R Discs (High Speed)
  • CD Envelopes with plastic window
  • AA and AAA alkaline batteries
  • Mailing Supplies
    • Bubble Wrap
    • Peanuts
    • #0 and #00 Padded Envelopes
    • 2” Packaging Tape
  • Office Supplies
    • Scissors
    • Paper Clips
    • White Out
    • 2 x 2 Post It Notes

I can't wait to meet so many of you in just over a week! :)

Same here. Did you mention BLT Lounge one evening? I'm also DVC so I'd be interested -the only issue is my schedule at this point. On Monday, a may try to catch Craig and Jackie at MK for HEA so that night may not work. I'll be in on Sunday afternoon -I'm losing track of who will be around but I was going to head to MK ...not sure. Monday I was going to try and catch the last day of F&G ...anyone else planning to hit some outdoor kitchens? That day is open for me until the HEA meet-up.

btw for those driving in.. If you haven't been here this year yet, it's going to shock you how much of the landscape is missing and road work happening. Be ready for gps's to possibly be a little off and pay attention to signs and less than smooth spots all over the place..

They are basically adding, widening or other things everywhere.

Same here. Did you mention BLT Lounge one evening? I'm also DVC so I'd be interested -the only issue is my schedule at this point. On Monday, a may try to catch Craig and Jackie at MK for HEA so that night may not work. I'll be in on Sunday afternoon -I'm losing track of who will be around but I was going to head to MK ...not sure. Monday I was going to try and catch the last day of F&G ...anyone else planning to hit some outdoor kitchens? That day is open for me until the HEA meet-up.
I mentioned it a long time ago, but nothing ever really came from it. I'm planning to try to get into Craig's event. If the event gets full, I'm going to MK that night to see HEA anyways. The only way I can make TOTWL work is if we want to go Tuesday night (30th), but that's my only night to see the Star Wars Fireworks, and it was also the night I was interested in playing some mini golf. I actually changed it from seeing HEA for a second night in a row to the Star Wars Fireworks since I thought it would be nice to hang around our resort for a bit.

I mentioned it a long time ago, but nothing ever really came from it. I'm planning to try to get into Craig's event. If the event gets full, I'm going to MK that night to see HEA anyways. The only way I can make TOTWL work is if we want to go Tuesday night (30th), but that's my only night to see the Star Wars Fireworks, and it was also the night I was interested in playing some mini golf. I actually changed it from seeing HEA for a second night in a row to the Star Wars Fireworks since I thought it would be nice to hang around our resort for a bit.

That is the only night I have to see the Star Wars Fireworks as well. I will be coming down again in early December but worried it won't be going on then as last year they had JBJB.

That is the only night I have to see the Star Wars Fireworks as well. I will be coming down again in early December but worried it won't be going on then as last year they had JBJB.
Would you possibly like to meet and see it that Tuesday night then? I can make this another Un*Official meet if you are interested.

Last edited:
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Un*Official Meet:

Hi everyone! @SleepingRebecca and I are planning on getting together to see Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular on Tuesday, May 30th. The show begins at 9:30 p.m. (park closing). More information about a meeting time/place will be posted at a later time. The meeting time will probably be around 8:30 p.m. If anyone is interested in joining us, please comment below.

Are you guys going to make it in time from HEA to EPCOT to get checked in by 9:30?

The pla/hope is if we watch from TTC we can make it over in time. Depends on monorail schedule if we will make it exactly by 9:30 or a little later but I think should be ok.

I'm going to dry run either this or next thursday to see what it really looks like.

I really really really hope we can make the timing work! We're only in town for two nights, one is the Epcot party and the other is Pandora, so this will be our only chance to catch HEA. I was hoping that I could squeeze in picking up our credentials earlier but they're only available until 3pm at Boardwalk... we're at POR and our flight lands at 1pm. Not going to work with DME.

I really really really hope we can make the timing work! We're only in town for two nights, one is the Epcot party and the other is Pandora, so this will be our only chance to catch HEA. I was hoping that I could squeeze in picking up our credentials earlier but they're only available until 3pm at Boardwalk... we're at POR and our flight lands at 1pm. Not going to work with DME.

The official post states "For those who could not make it to credential distribution during the week we will have someone outside of Epcot with your credentials until 9:55PM" - I can't imagine not making it there by 9:55

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter